The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Just finished my 50.5 hour play through of Horizon Zero Dawn. What a game, absolutely loved this experience.
Beautiful world, really interesting and immersive sci fi story and really really addictive and deep combat system just kept me hooked.
Frozen Wilds is amazing and surprisingly deep too, well worth playing through for the full experience. The HDR is some of the best I've seen too, really amazing. 10/10.

One of the best games I’ve played in a long long time. Excellent game play combined with a storyline that keeps you hooked, and pretty damn satisfying taking out some of the massive machines. Hoping that the new one will be released on PC one day too but not holding my breath.

ne0

ne0

Associate
One of the best games I’ve played in a long long time. Excellent game play combined with a storyline that keeps you hooked, and pretty damn satisfying taking out some of the massive machines. Hoping that the new one will be released on PC one day too but not holding my breath.

yeah the combat is really awesome and so satisfying, I never once got bored of fighting those machines! I doubt the next one will be released on PC at least for another couple of years but will be worth the wait I'm sure.

Associate
yeah the combat is really awesome and so satisfying, I never once got bored of fighting those machines! I doubt the next one will be released on PC at least for another couple of years but will be worth the wait I'm sure.

If not I'd have to buy a PS5 just for that game! I found clearing out the bandit camps pretty fun too, all the side quests away from the main quests kept me busy for a while in a way that didn't get repetitive.

Associate
Doom Zero. https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/109216-doom-zero-launch-and-celebrating-25-years-of-doom-ii/

A very good series of unofficial levels which came out a year or two ago to celebrate 25 years of Doom.

Some of the levels are extremely well designed and are among the best map packs I've played.

Works well with addons like Beautiful Doom and the PSX Doom music. ;)

I finally played the new Doom (one before Eternal). Had it in my steam catalogue for ages but never tried it. Ended up enjoying it a lot more than I though.. just good old fashioned monster carnage. What’s not to like? Apart from the boss at the end.

Tempted to go play the classics again too.

Caporegime
I finally played the new Doom (one before Eternal). Had it in my steam catalogue for ages but never tried it. Ended up enjoying it a lot more than I though.. just good old fashioned monster carnage. What’s not to like? Apart from the boss at the end.

Tempted to go play the classics again too.

The classics with mods (even when only lightly modded) are a great way to quench a gaming fix as you can just jump into the experience and get going straight away. :)

It's also very satisfying to learn about the wads which have a special place in the history of the classics, e.g. Perdition's Gate.

Soldato
The classics with mods (even when only lightly modded) are a great way to quench a gaming fix as you can just jump into the experience and get going straight away. :)

It's also very satisfying to learn about the wads which have a special place in the history of the classics, e.g. Perdition's Gate.

Duke Nukem 3D and Quake as well. Actually put down Cyberpunk last night to play a bit of Duke3D :p No bugs in that!

Associate

And when you get good enough you can start getting serious challenge with WADs like Sunlust!

Caporegime
And when you get good enough you can start getting serious challenge with WADs like Sunlust!

I can't say that I enjoy those sorts of WADs too much. Now and again I dip into one or something along the same lines,
but I don't tend to play games solely because of the difficulty challenge. :)

Associate
I can't say that I enjoy those sorts of WADs too much. Now and again I dip into one or something along the same lines,
but I don't tend to play games solely because of the difficulty challenge. :)

The difficulty definitely isn't for everyone. But for me, I love how they push the Doom engine with insane sector counts and geometry as well as enemy numbers, and it scales well enough to handle it after all these years.

Man of Honour
OP
AC Valhalla 7.5/10

Stunning environment, good story focus, but some of the story arcs are really really slow and ultimately have little to do with many of the main story threads. Interesting ending, but nothing ground breaking. Controls were frustrating as hell at times. Definitely needs a refresh now.

Soldato
My favourite of the lot. Prince of the Yolkfolk was fun too.

I never understood the hype for Fantasy World Dizzy, just didn't enjoy it that much.

I love, and have played, nih on all Dizzy games.

the reason Fantasy World is considered better is because there are less instant dead traps, inventory management is better (you can select which item to drop do you don’t accidentally drop the scuba equipment whilst in water) and you have lives. It’s a bigger map as well. Considering the original Dizzy had lives it’s an odd decision to only have one life and makes it much harder, especially with some of the jumps.

I still think they play well now though and would still recommend them.

M.

Associate
Cyberpunk 2077

First 40 hours playing I would have given this a 9/10
Finishing it 85 hours in, 7/10

The story was absolutely fantastic and a lot of the side quest chains were enjoyable, but after so many gigs they all start to feel the same, the fluff around them stops being interesting. The actual gameplay starts to feel a bit rinse and repeat and all the cracks start to show as the paint chips and falls away as more and more initially so minor they're easy to ignore issues start to become recurring irritations
I kinda feel like this game would have been better if it were more linear. The open world aspect of things stopped being of interest after a while, and I think the game could have been a lot better if they hadn't had to wrestle with making it an open world experience

Sound design, atmosphere, graphics, story and the personality of major NPCs was astounding though

Back
Top Bottom