• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Soldato
I switched my 3090FE back to horizontal - it was at least 5 degrees hotter. But I think that the fan setup on the FE is more intended for horizontal flow.

I have a custom loop so may put it under water once a block is released.

I tried my previous gpu in vertical position 2080Ti Ventus and while it looked cool the temps went up and the fans seemed a little noisier.

Think i will just leave my Zotac 3090 horizontally.

Associate
Yep. I have mine in a enthoo 719 case. Unexpected side benefit, having it vertically mounted, it's so much easier for me to pop it out of the pcie slot compared to fighting with the lever on the mobo hidden away with all the "thermal armour"

Associate
How many of you got the 3090 and had a 2080ti?

Here, I had two in SLI and decided to go back to a single card again after many years of running two cards. Decided shortly before nvidia announced their plan for pretty much killing it off. Couldn't have timed that better :)

One 3090 is not that far behind my two cards 2080 Ti FE cards, about 25% to 28% in 3dmark benches so I'm really happy with that.

Caporegime
Not too bad, seems to run about 8c hotter at load. I'm running the quiet BIOS so with the choked off airflow because of the glass it's averaging about 78c vertically. Would probably be about 70/72c at load horizontally and about the same temps as the reviews. With the performance mode the fan is way more aggressive but it keeps the temps at about 72c vertically, so about 5 to 8c off that horizontally. Fan is much too loud in performance mode vertically so the quiet one is a nice compromise, pretty much the same performance for a slightly warmer card, but it's so much quieter.

Should buy one of those cablemod brackets that let's you mount vertically but sets it further into the case so its not humping the glass.

Associate
Should buy one of those cablemod brackets that let's you mount vertically but sets it further into the case so its not humping the glass.
It's what I ended up doing, works nicely just be aware if later on you want to use any other pcie slots as your card will block them

Man of Honour
You raise a good point and is something im aware of with the riser cable. I have a b550 vision D board to put in when my 5900x arrives this
week. I was going to force my pcie to gen 3 in bios, I just don't know if I will get to the bios without plugging card in normally first or whether it just will sit on a black screen.

I love the appearance of the card as I already have enough RGB elements and didn't think I needed more. I've currently got it undervolted to 850mv stable at 1935mhz. Keeps temps between 64-68C on auto fan. Fans are quiet thankfully.
Just FYI that bracket arrived! :)

Virmq6B.jpg

You can see on the diagram how it hooks into the motherboard.

Associate
Just FYI that bracket arrived! :)

Virmq6B.jpg

You can see on the diagram how it hooks into the motherboard.

Nice one! Take some pics when it's set up.

I ended up getting the pcie 4 riser. My 5900x in post and didn't want riser cable headaches this weekend. Those cables stupidly expensive though!

Back
Top Bottom