Cyberpunk 2077

Permabanned
Agreed, but then keyboard is awful for the driving parts! Also, I know I would spend more time fiddling with the graphics instead of just enjoying the game as I am on Series X.

Yeah, I just find most guns outside of a pistol are nearly unusable. Maybe its because I am not used to shooters on controller.

For some reason I have been running everywhere, barely been in a vehicle. :p

Soldato
A good few hours in and apart from some amusing glitches like head vanishing on photo mode that sorted itself out when I exited the mode then went back in, the toggle view while driving command stopped working, that fixed itself when I reloaded my latest save and my parked car doing a stationary wheelie that I just got in and resumed driving it righted itself…are just three examples. I’m really enjoying it so far, so much to it what with all the crafting, looting, combat and hacking etc etc. I still can’t get to grips with the hacking element of the game though,
Visuals, especially the lighting is superb at times. Controls are good even thought the driving is a bit clunky, its usable. Combat is decent enough including melee. Main story is excellent however I’ve yet to do any side quests. Genuinely looking forward to playing it each evening after work.

Playing on Xbox X btw

Associate
A good few hours in and apart from some amusing glitches like head vanishing on photo mode that sorted itself out when I exited the mode then went back in, the toggle view while driving command stopped working, that fixed itself when I reloaded my latest save and my parked car doing a stationary wheelie that I just got in and resumed driving it righted itself…are just three examples. I’m really enjoying it so far, so much to it what with all the crafting, looting, combat and hacking etc etc. I still can’t get to grips with the hacking element of the game though,
Visuals, especially the lighting is superb at times. Controls are good even thought the driving is a bit clunky, its usable. Combat is decent enough including melee. Main story is excellent however I’ve yet to do any side quests. Genuinely looking forward to playing it each evening after work.

Playing on Xbox X btw
Series x or one x?

Caporegime
Can anyone comprehend why the police/wanted system is so utterly awful/dated?

Honestly, from the trailers and the description, i was expecting something really cool with the police. ie futuristic scanners, hover vehicles overhead with spotlights etc, awesome chases (maybe with police drones on bikes etc), maybe for small crimes an intial "citizen, please put down your weapons" in a sort of futuristic robo voice :p, police rappelling down from hover vehicles if you are on a roof or somewhere etc.

I thought maybe you could get put in prison and then hack your way out? Maybe you could infiltrate or hack the police systems to reduce your wanted level in an area or wipe your record clean etc?

Instead, you get shot at just for walking slowly by the police, and the extent of their actions is to simply spawn a few feet from you wherever you are and try to instantly kill you....(!)

This seems like such a massively missed opportunity. Somehow, in 2020, in a game lauded to be the most immersive open world cyberpunk game ever, CD Projekt has taken the open world police/law gameplay mechanic back to the stone age of gaming.

Soldato
This seems like such a massively missed opportunity. Somehow, in 2020, in a game lauded to be the most immersive open world cyberpunk game ever, CD Projekt has taken the open world police/law gameplay mechanic back to the stone age of gaming.

The wanted system in Vice City is better.

I'm still amazed anyone managed to create a map which is worse than a Ubisoft game.

Soldato
This is the fault of CDPR by not sending out review codes for consoles prior to release. They only supplied PC codes and there was a caveat that you had to play on a 3080 or above I believe so it looked and ran okay.
It's still not a top 100/100 game on pc though. The AI , the empty feeling mega city , the lack of RPG choices and much more . Somehow the reviewers didn't pick up on any of it and ont he other hand didnt seem to pick up on the sound being really good .

Some make me wonder if they even played it .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom