The Last of Us Part II

Associate
I'm around 18 hours in so far and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm at the "Sky bridge bit" so as to not spoil it but no sure how close to end game I am. Google says between 20 and 29 hours to finish the game. I have been doing a lot of the "Survivalist stuff" though so probably going to be closer to the 29 hour mark.

Soldato
I'm around 18 hours in so far and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm at the "Sky bridge bit" so as to not spoil it but no sure how close to end game I am. Google says between 20 and 29 hours to finish the game. I have been doing a lot of the "Survivalist stuff" though so probably going to be closer to the 29 hour mark.

29 hours for me in both my playthroughs. Yeah you've got quite a bit to go yet. Sky bridge is great fun! I loved Lev great character.

Associate
No idea where i am in the game a good sign really since i'm enjoying it and just forget time i played for 4hrs last night pretty decent run for me usually get bored after an hour. I'm liking the improved movement system its much easier to dodge the infected. Will certainly be doing the hardcore run through once i'm done with the story. I'm hoping that i can go back and find all the things in safes that i missed some of those puzzles really got me like the combo for a safe "last digits of daughters number" That one bought a giggle when i finally found where it really was.

And just like the first the audio is spot on. Got it running through my sonos system and its pretty dope.

V F

V F

Soldato
No idea where i am in the game a good sign really since i'm enjoying it and just forget time i played for 4hrs last night pretty decent run for me usually get bored after an hour. I'm liking the improved movement system its much easier to dodge the infected. Will certainly be doing the hardcore run through once i'm done with the story. I'm hoping that i can go back and find all the things in safes that i missed some of those puzzles really got me like the combo for a safe "last digits of daughters number" That one bought a giggle when i finally found where it really was.

And just like the first the audio is spot on. Got it running through my sonos system and its pretty dope.

Describe it...

Soldato
Yup, that was my main struggle/complaint too, the game is a masterpiece but it's so unrelentingly depressing (and violent) that it's a hard game to "enjoy". The early events cast a long shadow but the game never really tries to get out of them and instead you just get a near-constant barrage of just how awful people are.

Associate
Yup, that was my main struggle/complaint too, the game is a masterpiece but it's so unrelentingly depressing (and violent) that it's a hard game to "enjoy". The early events cast a long shadow but the game never really tries to get out of them and instead you just get a near-constant barrage of just how awful people are.

Most upsetting part for me:

When you are playing Abby and suddenly realise it was Alice you killed whilst playing Ellie.

Soldato
Finally finished this last night, very long, a bit too long, but not going to complain really, exceptionally well made product, I agree that it was a very depressing ride, I thought it could have ended earlier with little potato ( :D ) that was a lovely part of the game, and I'm glad about the ending (no spoilers). Definitely recommended to anyone who hasn't played it yet, it's very much like you're playing an interactive film (or TV series even).

Associate
I was a stickler for playing the first on the harder difficulties but not sure about this one - Still haven't finished it yet but sort of feel it doesn't warrant a second playthrough since its pretty vast as it is so i doubt it will leave me wanting more. Just a case of hoping the drop some DLC for single player not faffed about multi.

Any one bothered doing another playthrough? If so is it start barebones again or do you go in with abilities from completion?

Soldato
I was a stickler for playing the first on the harder difficulties but not sure about this one - Still haven't finished it yet but sort of feel it doesn't warrant a second playthrough since its pretty vast as it is so i doubt it will leave me wanting more. Just a case of hoping the drop some DLC for single player not faffed about multi.

Any one bothered doing another playthrough? If so is it start barebones again or do you go in with abilities from completion?
NG+ is the way to go as you keep your abilities and can max everything out. I actually enjoyed my second playthrough more than the first.

Associate
Got done with this last night felt it dragged out a bit towards the end and i wasn't taken aback by the ending kind of expected it.

But really little to complain about its one of those games i knew i'd enjoy Naughty Dog really put in work.

Agree that its more like an interactive TV show than a game just a really really good one :D

Back
Top Bottom