Poll: Say you bought a new car, showed it to a friend and the next day....

how would you feel?

• happy

Votes: 101 37.3%
  • neutral

Votes: 152 56.1%
  • unhappy

Votes: 18 6.6%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
@dowie so is this a random hypothetical or are we the jury on some really serious real life drama going down?

LOL, nah it's just a hypothetical. Have seen the results of the question posed to two distinct groups posted earlier today and was curious what OCUK might think. One set of responses was quite surprising to me and I didn't understand the mindset, I was clearly in the other camp but not from that demographic, will drop in a link later today.

Caporegime
OP
I was gonna say as much, as I didn't think you had any friends!! :D

Oi! :(

What kind of friend? If like BFF / gay sex partner then I might be miffed, if not, I wouldn't care at all.

It's not specified, though if that's a mixed response/dependent on the friend then choose neutral I guess:

Neutral: (ambivalent, mixed emotions, flattered but annoyed, depends on the friend etc..)

Soldato
Has your friend just purchased a car and you're worried how they will feel if you got the same?

I'd just be impressed they decided to make the decision so quickly, I wouldn't care in the slightest personally because I know if I purchased it I would have done the research and made sure it was the one I wanted and to my spec before I purchased it (says the guy driving around in a crappy Ford B-max that I don't like :( )

Associate
A lot of my friends keep saying i have a hairdressers car, which i counter with two things.
1 That they have just proved they have no idea about cars and....
2 If you type sports car into google.... what comes up as one of the first pictures, or into wikipedia? Well... its not a pair of scissors or a hairdryer.

But morons be morons, i dont pity the ignorance.

Associate
If someone bought the same car as me I'd feel sorry for the bugger. I've been buying bangers for as long as I've been driving, and they generally look pretty bloody knackered!

Caporegime
A lot of my friends keep saying i have a hairdressers car, which i counter with two things.
1 That they have just proved they have no idea about cars and....
2 If you type sports car into google.... what comes up as one of the first pictures, or into wikipedia? Well... its not a pair of scissors or a hairdryer.

But morons be morons, i dont pity the ignorance.

What comes up if you type hairdressers car in to Google?

Caporegime
That isn't specified, just that they've bought the same car.
people buy the same things all the time.

Maybe I'm round your house for a coffee I see you have a really nice looking kettle that catches my eye.
oh but wait, nice guuci belt where did you get it from?

whys a car different? unless they are purposely trying to 1up each other.
which is just daft
I'd ask them who sold them my car and why they bought it without telling me somebody was selling my new motor.

WINNER! :D

Back
Top Bottom