**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Yes. All I can say is I see a lot of tweaking in our futures ;)

Lucky, I hadn't received my G2 in time to be able to Dxdiag with a VR headset attached which apparently was something they seemed to filter.

Ah well, only just over another week until I can find out just how woeful my 2070S is going to be.

Associate
I have an Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and on 27/10 bought a Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant.. It has since been delayed three times with the latest delay (due today) now saying it will arrive on 20/01/2021. I don't have a lot of faith that it will arrive on that day however i really hope it does. Is there another throttle in a similar price range to the Honeycomb Bravo that i could buy quicker or should i just wait and hope it arrives. I'm happy to pay a little more for something better if it gets here quicker too.

Associate
I think it's quite a unique product, in that it combines throttle x 6, trim wheel and controls panel with gear/flaps control.

You could look at getting a combination of saitek and or CH components...

Associate
I have a G2 and 3090 and VR is mind blowing. Can't emphasise enough how good it is. I presume your 3080 won't be far off my 3090. Can't give too much away but you'll be impressed. Personally I won't ever play it on a monitor again.

I also have a 3090, but use a Quest 2, what sort of FPS do you get in a G2 (I assume with decent settings)? I ask because from my experience, low frame rates are a nightmare in VR.

Soldato
I have an Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and on 27/10 bought a Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant.. It has since been delayed three times with the latest delay (due today) now saying it will arrive on 20/01/2021. I don't have a lot of faith that it will arrive on that day however i really hope it does. Is there another throttle in a similar price range to the Honeycomb Bravo that i could buy quicker or should i just wait and hope it arrives. I'm happy to pay a little more for something better if it gets here quicker too.

Lots of people experiencing delays with this, especially if you're ordering through Amazon. I had exactly the same when I ordered my TSA Airbus Quadrant with Amazon, I know of at least 3 or 4 other people saying the same.

It's either a case of wait and see or go elsewhere, I cancelled my order with Amazon and ordered with Aerosoft and got it within a week.

Soldato
Feature discovery episode 9 about VR is live.

Really cool they are using OpenXR, think this must be the first real world use of it!

Sounds like they’ve put quite a lot of effort in already, both in terms of rendering pipeline and UX. Looking forward to getting my hands on this one!

Last edited:
Associate
Would love to know what the recommended specs are for this! Hoping my Ryzen 3600 32GB RAM and RTX 3070 will power a quest 2 and give a nice experience. Considering an upgrade to Ryzen 5600x too depending on whether a fast cpu will help VR.

Caporegime
Would love to know what the recommended specs are for this! Hoping my Ryzen 3600 32GB RAM and RTX 3070 will power a quest 2 and give a nice experience. Considering an upgrade to Ryzen 5600x too depending on whether a fast cpu will help VR.

Single threaded performance is pretty important at the moment. There's a promised patch to help but its not out yet as best I know.

Last edited:
Associate
I also have a 3090, but use a Quest 2, what sort of FPS do you get in a G2 (I assume with decent settings)? I ask because from my experience, low frame rates are a nightmare in VR.

Don't know what the framerates are sorry but it's very smooth. I have a 9700k CPU at 5ghz and my 3090 is a gigabyte gaming oc. Terrain resolution is ultra, and all other settings combination of high and medium. 150 for terrain data, 120 for buildings. So long as you don't fly in mega cities it's smooth as a babies bum. Oh render scale at 80, which on G2 is just about perfect. Airliners and third party aircraft, Mooney in my case, take a frame rate hit but not too bad.

Soldato

Running most things on High/Very High and a few Ultras on an I7 10750, 32gb (3200mhz) and a RTX 2060

Back
Top Bottom