Resident Evil 3 Worth it for £15?

Soldato
Wrapped my first playthrough on normal.

It playtime 4hrs, but overall time 5 1/2hrs I assume that takes in to account cutscenes and deaths etc.

Happy for what I paid, and enjoyed it for what it was. Gave me a few evenings entertainment

Associate
Yes ignore the haters. Idiots.

This game is so bad, that I don't know where to start.
If you really want to play it wait for 70/80% discount, otherwise it is not worth to buy at full price.

So let's try to describe it.
It is not RE3:Remake it is, RE2.5 or RE2.99. That game got almost nothing in common with old RE3:Nemesis.
Story line is almost totally new, there is so many disproportions compare to the old one, that I wonder how they could name it RE3 Remake. Nemesis appearing in first minutes of the game? Brad killed in the bar bitten by the zombies? And many many more it is just a beginning of that bull****.

That game with it's "remake" lost most of things:
- Most puzzles have been cut from the original
- No Grave Digger (giant worm) boss fight
- No giant spiders (other enemies have been cut, as well)
- Nemesis is less dynamic than RE2 remake's Mr. X, showing up in the same locations each playthrough (as in the original RE3) (I heard somewhere that he suppose to be more unpredictable and smart, but where?!?!)
- Clock tower, Graveyard, Park, City Hall, and other locations have all been cut
- Nemesis' second form has been cut (third form altered to the beast-like one)
- Carlos goes to the Raccoon City police station instead of Jill, which means no Nemesis encounters there
- No "Live Selections" story choices
- No Freeze Rounds
- Reloading tool not required for crafting gunpowder ammo
- No Mercenaries mode!
- And many many more!

But yes we are idiots for swallowing up their crap yes? you may like to swallow crap but not all of us do.

To those who loved the original, check this out: https://www.reshdp.com/re3/

Soldato
If you really want to play it wait for 70/80% discount, otherwise it is not worth to buy at full price.

It is not RE3:Remake it is, RE2.5 or RE2.99. That game got almost nothing in common with old RE3:Nemesis.
Story line is almost totally new, there is so many disproportions compare to the old one, that I wonder how they could name it RE3 Remake. Nemesis appearing in first minutes of the game? Brad killed in the bar bitten by the zombies? And many many more it is just a beginning of that bull****.

- Nemesis is less dynamic than RE2 remake's Mr. X, showing up in the same locations each playthrough (as in the original RE3) (I heard somewhere that he suppose to be more unpredictable and smart, but where?!?!)
- Clock tower, Graveyard, Park, City Hall, and other locations have all been cut
- Carlos goes to the Raccoon City police station instead of Jill, which means no Nemesis encounters there
- No Freeze Rounds
- No Mercenaries mode!
- And many many more!

But yes we are idiots for swallowing up their crap yes? you may like to swallow crap but not all of us do.

I agree with all of that but what about how terrible the gfx are as well! It starts promising then quickly goes downhill rapidly into an early 2010s graphics mode afaic :eek:

Soldato

- No Freeze Rounds
- No Mercenaries mode!
- And many many more!

I never played the original and enjoying it, and don't think it's crap at all! I like it!

I agree with all of that but what about how terrible the gfx are as well! It starts promising then quickly goes downhill rapidly into an early 2010s graphics mode afaic :eek:

I thought the visuals were spot on tbh.

Yeah I agree, visuals are good!

Soldato
I expectred it to be terrible based on reviews so was pleasantly surprised.

Found the lack of thinking required early on a nice change.

However, the nemesis battles were stupid. He would have killed her every time.

Soldato
There you go then. Do yourself a favour and try the seamless hd project link I posted above, it's a brilliant game.

I do agree with all your points. RE3 is my favourite so when the reviews hit for this I got put on so left it until it was £10ish the other day.

For that price I had fun, but it doesnt resemble the game I loved in many ways which is a big shame. Could have done more with it for sure.

Still, it's not a bad game imo, just not a good remake of a classic

Soldato
I do agree with all your points. RE3 is my favourite so when the reviews hit for this I got put on so left it until it was £10ish the other day.

For that price I had fun, but it doesnt resemble the game I loved in many ways which is a big shame. Could have done more with it for sure.

Still, it's not a bad game imo, just not a good remake of a classic

I thought RE3 was crap back when it was released. RE2 spoiled me.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
It's cheaper to buy them separately from CDkeys (only by £2 or so). If you could get resident evil 2 for £8 on Steam I'd grab it (the offer price in the bundle, it's £34 by itself).

Soldato
It's cheaper to buy them separately from CDkeys (only by £2 or so). If you could get resident evil 2 for £8 on Steam I'd grab it (the offer price in the bundle, it's £34 by itself).

Currently £14.99 & £11.99 on CDKeys.

edit: I see there's an EU version for £10.49 so CDKeys is indeed cheaper if you get this version.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Currently £14.99 & £11.99 on CDKeys.

edit: I see there's an EU version for £10.49 so CDKeys is indeed cheaper if you get this version.

There seem to be a few versions of RE2 - the EMEA is £10.49, presumably that would work for the UK?

Back
Top Bottom