Asus B550-E can't install LAN driver

Associate
I've searched a bit and it seems a few people have this issue.

Does anyone know how to solve? Using the wifi is annoying. The CD installation doesn't work and downloading them from the web doesn't work or says there is no LAN chipset to install it to?

Surely they can't be allowed to continue to sell boards which just don't have working LAN?

Soldato
Some guy here was having the same issue, but with the B550-F >> https://linustechtips.com/topic/1211409-lan-driver-issues/

Two possible solutions:
AllOutOfBeans Posted: 10 September 2020 said:
I also had this issue with an ROG STRIX B550-I gaming motherboard. I fixed it by updating Windows 10 to the latest version via USB. The steps I followed are here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-update-windows-10-without-internet-access/958dc14c-cdd2-45c2-9cbb-9c5ac3c11c12

Use the media creation tool to create a copy of Windows 10 for another PC via USB. Then run the setup program on the PC with the driver issues.

GopherLawyer Posted: 12 December 2020 said:
I got around this issue by downloading the drivers from asus onto a usb from another computer, unzipping them onto the problem computer and then in device manager right clicking on the unknown devices and installing the drivers by pointing to where I unzipped the asus drivers.

Permabanned
Last edited:
Associate
OP
I don't need my other pcie slot - would buying a LAN card for that sort it then? I need the speed and reliability of Lan - the WiFi occasionally pauses whilst on video calls

Permabanned
Will it drop your GPU slot by half though?

You can get a good 2.5Gb/s USB A/C to Ethernet NIC (I have one for my phone as I am on 1Gb/s and cheaper models may not get near 1Gb/s) but remember USB uses more CPU.

71-GEnva-YRn-L-AC-SL1500.jpg

Moto Z2 Force (Android Mobile Phone):

Moto-Z2-Force-Ethernet.png

Soldato
I don't need my other pcie slot - would buying a LAN card for that sort it then? I need the speed and reliability of Lan - the WiFi occasionally pauses whilst on video calls

I bought an Asus wifi 6 router for this reason, and it's solved the problems I had with stutter, lag and dropouts.

Lan card in the bottom slot would do it as well.

I have a B550-F with wifi and just use that.

Associate
OP
I have a billion 7800dxl which uses to be really good a few years ago. How does it compare to current routers?

What would be better for Lan - using the bottom slot or using a usb to Lan adaptor as pictured above? Any difference in speed or reliability?

Soldato
Even before I looked it up I guessed it was the Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet device.

This device is plagued with issues and there is a thread here somewhere where someone managed to get it "sorted".

B550 board choice for 5900x | Overclockers UK Forums

Azus z490-F probelms poor lan speeds Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet | Overclockers UK Forums

Z490 Aorus Master - network totally broken | Overclockers UK Forums

Intel Z490 Motherboards Reportedly Affected By Networking Bug (wccftech.com)

Strange I have the same Ethernet device in the B550-F Gaming and it works fine, no issues. Drivers from Intel installed just fine too. :S

Back
Top Bottom