** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
Hi guy looking to get the 49" to go with my 3090,what should I be looking out for In terms of issues? I assume best to update to latest firmware and nvidia drivers and does anyone know what Samsung uk dead pixel policy is

Associate
I've been scouring this thread for something on this and im not sure if its just a settings thing or not. I have the Samsung G7 32inch everytime I switch on adaptive sync all the colours look extremely washed out and when transitioning between one screen and another everything goes ultra washed out to the point you can barely make out the details for a plit second. The second I turn off adaptive sync it looks great.

My settings below
240hz 15 black equalizer low input lag on bightness 39 comtrast 75 sharpness 60 49R50G50B gamma mode 1 pip/pbp mode off local dimming auto dynamic brightness off display port 1.4
Version 1009.3

Feel like I've tried everything, does it sound like I have a bad panel. Never noticed any flickering at all but the washed out colours are unbearable my 14 year old lg monitor looks better

Check out your profiles in advanced display settings in windows, may not be the cause but when I checked this after the firmware update there were 2 profiles in there, swapped to the other one and colours were fine again.

Associate
Does anyone have this with a Arctic Z1 Pro Gen 3 Desk Mount Monitor Arm?

@sprite- could you just use only the G9 with that mount? looks good

Yeah bud you don't need to add 2nd mount unless you're mounting monitor up top.

Here some instructions:

- Buy Amazon Basics dual monitor. (It holds 2x 10kg monitors so very robust)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076B3Q8JR/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabc_4Fh2Fb0DKFRX4

- Take both arms off the dual monitor (simple removal of nut but keep the nuts and bolts)

- Take tilt mechanism off the G9, this is easy, you simply remove the shrouds round it (they pop out into two pieces). Unscrew the bolt holding it to the stand and then knock the bolt out by tapping it. (Keep the washers).

- Attached it to the amazon mount using the bolt from the amazon mount, it matches the width of the G9 tilt mechanism. Use the same washers you had from G9 mount (you may need some more washers if you've got them spare)

Boom. You've got a fully tiltable mount for the G9 for £20-£30.

Associate
Nice on mate

any issues with it tilting down with the weight?
How far does the monitor go back, is it further away if it was on the stand? My G9 at the ends roughly sits half way at the desk (65cm depth)
I have the Malm desk so not sure if it will get through the small cable gap at the back, suppose I can order and return if I can't get it on there.

Last edited:
Associate
Just had a G9 from Overclockers. Disappointed to see it's got FA01 on the back though. Assumed ordering in December I wouldn't end up with the first batch :(

Is there another batch? Thought there were only different months of manufacture... N7, N8, N9 etc

Also, if the monitor is fault free, batch doesn't matter. Judge on case by case basis.

Associate
Evening guys.. So my woes continue with this monitor and looking for some advice..

I bought one end of November and after 5 days it ended up with a line of dead/stuck pixels along the full width of the bottom of the screen.. Got RMA'd and received my replacement today, Nothing new has changed on my PC other than Nvidia driver updates..

Now I can't select 240hz.. I'm at the latest driver version with both Nvidia and Samsung

HELP??

Associate
I got my third G9, this is new NA version, second its N7, and first N6.

Pros:

Minimal blacklight bleeding
No bezel light bleed
No bezel popping sound (I think they do something desing changes)

Minus:

Horrible scanlines, lots of upper left corner
Joystick control very stiff and muddy feel
Small flicker issue
whining noise coming DVI&HDMI board, and buzzing sound power supply

I not keep this, because those scanlines looks so bad :(

Associate
I got my third G9, this is new NA version, second its N7, and first N6.

Pros:

Minimal blacklight bleeding
No bezel light bleed
No bezel popping sound (I think they do something desing changes)

Minus:

Horrible scanlines, lots of upper left corner
Joystick control very stiff and muddy feel
Small flicker issue
whining noise coming DVI&HDMI board, and buzzing sound power supply

I not keep this, because those scanlines looks so bad :(

How are you replicating scanlines, and do you just see them at 240hz or at all refresh rates?
Personally, I'm not convinced that scanlines are that much of an issue, particularly if you compare the positives to other screens.

Associate
Thought everything was alright with my G9, but the popping started yesterday. Boy it's annoying! Its literally every 3 or 4 seconds. Does this get any better? It even continues after I turn the computer off and my computer is in my bedroom so there's no way I can put up with this long term :(

Associate
No popping (yet) on my 11 week old G9 N8 model - how long have you had yours? I have the scanline problem across the top of my screen (240Hz, not sure about other resolutions). It doesn't bother me at all as I just use this monitor for gaming only and they really are only visible on the desktop.

Associate
Popping started after roughly two days but only lasts for around 2 hours (I'm assuming it's just a result of the screen heating up). No other issues that I've found and honestly, I'm reluctant to roll the dice on another one given the luck some people have had with the G9 but yeah, unacceptable for its price tag!

Mine's an NA
Version Number: FA01

Last edited:

S2k

S2k

Associate
I’m pretty sure this is not possible, but I will ask here in case I am missing a trick.

Can the G7 be setup so that when you change input source it automatically selects different screen settings? For example, I switch from my PC (DP) to Xbox series X (HDMI) I am forever having to manually select between say “custom” and “FPS”. It is something I may be spoilt on as my LG OLED remembers the last setting on each source.

I’m also worried I’m going to wear the button out! :D

Associate
How are you replicating scanlines, and do you just see them at 240hz or at all refresh rates?
Personally, I'm not convinced that scanlines are that much of an issue, particularly if you compare the positives to other screens.

I use orange test image, easy to compare both monitors side by side. Only 240hz, 120hz looks fine. It is so personal what it bothers.

Associate
Yeah bud you don't need to add 2nd mount unless you're mounting monitor up top.

Here some instructions:

- Buy Amazon Basics dual monitor. (It holds 2x 10kg monitors so very robust)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076B3Q8JR/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabc_4Fh2Fb0DKFRX4

- Take both arms off the dual monitor (simple removal of nut but keep the nuts and bolts)

- Take tilt mechanism off the G9, this is easy, you simply remove the shrouds round it (they pop out into two pieces). Unscrew the bolt holding it to the stand and then knock the bolt out by tapping it. (Keep the washers).

- Attached it to the amazon mount using the bolt from the amazon mount, it matches the width of the G9 tilt mechanism. Use the same washers you had from G9 mount (you may need some more washers if you've got them spare)

Boom. You've got a fully tiltable mount for the G9 for £20-£30.

This sounds great! One question as maybe I’m missing something. With both arms removed what do you attach the G9 to on the stand? Thanks!

Associate
My second one is popping too, I'm just trying to live with it. I'm past the 28 days returns for Samsung anyway, not really sure what their policy is like after the initial 28 days. Those scanline issues have been bugging me lately. It's very odd, in some instances changing the gamma mode to 2 instead of 1 gets rid of the scanlines in certain applications, but doesn't help in others. I really hope it's something that could be fixed with a firmware update.

Associate
This sounds great! One question as maybe I’m missing something. With both arms removed what do you attach the G9 to on the stand? Thanks!

Below is image. Left arrow points towards a part that comes with the Amazon mount. It's basically the single point both arms connect to the mount. You leave that on as its what you connect the G9 tilt bracket to. It also allows you to move it up or down.

Arrow on right pointing towards the pin in which you use to connect the G9 tilt mechanism to it.

20201209-134210.jpg

Back
Top Bottom