• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Queue Position 1, 5600X

Soldato
Why not pay slightly over the odds to some scalper that’s put in the leg work to get one for rrp?
These chips are already overpriced at msrp so paying £400 for a 5600X when you can get a 10700K for £340 that matches it in games while delivering better multithread is just dumb imo.

Soldato
These chips are already overpriced at msrp so paying £400 for a 5600X when you can get a 10700K for £340 that matches it in games while delivering better multithread is just dumb imo.
That's fair enough. Why don't people buy Intel instead of waiting for AMD stock then?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Thank you for your pre-order for the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X Sixteen Core 4.9GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail on order 5934936.

You are currently in queue position 2. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.

woo!

Not that it matters as the mobo is out of stock, psu out of stock, case out of stock memory out of stock... but at least i'll have a nice cpu to gawk at.

Soldato
Because AMD now has the mindshare so people are prepared to pay more for a weaker CPU.
Dont be daft. I've been Intel for years and now see that AMD is ahead of Intel

If a CPU with less cores requiring less power can keep up with one that has more cores and uses more power then why buy that instead? (other than availability)

Soldato
Dont be daft. I've been Intel for years and now see that AMD is ahead of Intel

If a CPU with less cores requiring less power can keep up with one that has more cores and uses more power then why buy that instead? (other than availability)
This is what I mean by mindshare in believing that AMD are miles ahead when in truth gaming performance between the 5600X and 10700K is about even while the 10700K has better multi-thread performance so anyone paying scalpers £400 for 5600X is getting a weaker CPU for more money.

Screenshot-11.png

Screenshot-12.png

Associate
When my 5600X arrives, I will need to remove the 3600 I'm using.

When I pull the pump head of the cpu heatsink, do I pull straight back or a twist and pull?

I don't want to damage the pins.

Soldato
When my 5600X arrives, I will need to remove the 3600 I'm using.

When I pull the pump head of the cpu heatsink, do I pull straight back or a twist and pull?

I don't want to damage the pins.
Make sure you run the CPU to get it warm first then gently twist to loosen.

Soldato
Mines came a couple of days ago but I'm still on Intel as I'm waiting on my case arriving (which will probably still be weeks away) before I make this ITX build :(

Get it tested out of the box, just in case there's hardware issues elsewhere needing sorted. Leave it too long, it'll be a direct to manufacturer RMA which could take weeks, than using OCUK returns.

Back
Top Bottom