• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
Is £280 the normal price for a 5600X? Was tempted to buy one earlier but the fates decided otherwise and in the 15mins I was deciding they all went. There were over 300 buying whilst I was pondering.

Associate
What a nightmare night I've had.

Got my 5600x today. Installed in my new x570 and CPU error. Removed another cpu from other pc I'd just swapped coolers with tonight and put it in there to try.. again CPU error... Damn my chip is broke and not likely to get another this year I thought

Tried the other chip in the x570 mobo just to make sure the mobo actually worked. Then realised compatability issues... I remember the b450 not getting an update till 2021 so thought I'm screwed with no pc till then. Checked bios and there's an update for 5000 series so had to reinstall the CPU back in the other pc to download a flash and then put it back in the x570 to flash the mobo and it's booted.

Tried to xmp my ram that I have for that to now not get to the correct speed. Checked the packet to make sure I ordered the right one and it's 3000mhz... Check my email and it should be 3600mhz. Totally different serial number so hopefully I can get a change before Xmas. Gave up even bothering to even install windows tonight

Associate
What is msrp for that 5950, 750 or so?

Think today's 5900 purchase is the second most i've ever spent on a cpu, top would be a 1ghz pentium 3 which was around £600 or thereabouts.:eek:

Yes but back then it costed more to produce, and some morons say "is more expensive because more power" then from 8086 to today we should pay ehmm 300k if that was the case, they should do an IQ test before allowing people on Internet :D

Price for 5950x here is an outrageous scalping price; I always purchased here rather than Amazon, when I could, however I prefer the transparency of the other competitor and will be waiting for them, if I decide to upgrade as AMD is price gauging quite badly, or even the famous brick and mortar store has stock time to time at MSRP. £859.99 is way more than the Nova store, which is undoubtedly the worst computer retailer in UK.

Very disappointing seeing OCUk truly scalping as I am sure their main competitor and brick and mortar one do not get their stock from the north pole...

Wonder what sort of lives people who cannot wait for a computer part have...

Soldato
509.99 this morning and I hesitated as I don't have a clue what I should upgrade to. 5800x or 5900x :rolleyes:
Same, by the time I had logged in it had gone, it went into stock twice as well. I'm still running my 2500K from nearly 10-years ago, so it really pains me.

I am sticking to my guns, I absolutely refuse to pay above MRSP, don't see why I should give bonus cash to fund peoples Lamborghinis, Ferraris etc, these companies have a huge turnover, capitalism greed.:o

Last edited:
Associate
Finally received my 5900x yesterday... Ive had my new mobo (asus tuf b550m plus wifi), ram (8 pack team 3600mhz), and NVME (Samsung Evo 980) waiting around 2 months for this.
Id already updated the bios to the latest released bios from last week (which is no longer a beta version)

I pulled everything out of my current case, fitted all the new parts, swapped the fittings on my 280mm AIO to AMD type, and applied Kryonaut, then powered up... system came up fine, went in to bios to enable xmp.. installed windows and everything I usually have on my computer, and it has been 100% perfect, no instability/crashes. Very happy. Idle in windows is currently around 38-40deg. Going to push a few benchmarks on it later on this evening :D

Associate
Same, by the time I had logged in it had gone, it went into stock twice as well. I'm still running my 2500K from nearly 10-years ago, so it really pains me this, but I am sticking to my guns, I absolutely refuse to pay above mrsp price, don't see why I should give bonus cash to fund peoples Lamborghinis, Ferraris etc. :o

I'm thinking I have to purchase before January as with Brexit etc, I usually buy everything from UK as it's much cheaper than here in Ireland, but now we face charges on anything bought from UK.

Soldato
I'm thinking I have to purchase before January as with Brexit etc, I usually buy everything from UK as it's much cheaper than here in Ireland, but now we face charges on anything bought from UK.
I think you maybe right, I just read an article on the Irish Times. I read packages may be subject to changes related to value added tax, customs duties, taxes and import fees when selecting an EU delivery address.

If I was you, I would either go 5600X or 5900X if you can get at MSRP, because the 5800X even without the gouging doesn't make sense price per core compared to the previous two mentioned.

Associate
I think you maybe right, I just read an article on the Irish Times. I read packages may be subject to changes related to value added tax, customs duties, taxes and import fees when selecting an EU delivery address.

If I was you, I would either go 5600X or 5900X if you can get at MSRP, because the 5800X even without the gouging doesn't make sense price per core compared to the previous two mentioned.

Yeah it's looking that way. Really messes things up here as everything I buy from small to big is from the UK. Worst case scenario I'd get it shipped to somebody in the UK and get it forwarded.

Keeping an eye on 5600x and 5900x. Now I see RAM is a big thing so need to check my 4 sticks and see what they are.

Soldato
Well my 5950x is apparently with DPD considering I forgot to even look at postage options, missed the code, talked to two advisors and both said couldn't do anything and wouldn't be with me till 23rd ar earliest this is an upturn. Problem is now awaiting an EK backplate from OcUK before I can put this together as way too painful to get all built and then drain to get plate on later.

Associate
has anyone in the queue for the 5900x, say in the top 60ish, received an email regarding it being dispatched yet ?

this is in relation to gibbo's 60 grey stock update from yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom