Your plans for 2021

Soldato
I'm not making any plans, covid is not going anywhere any time soon

This, even with the vaccine social distancing and closed businesses are going to be a thing, also January is going to be mental after everyone is going to ignore the rules over Xmas.

Caporegime
Hopefully before the end of 2020 I will have a date for completion of a house so plan for 2021 will be to move into the house and make it a home.

Going from a rented small 2 bedroom house to a purchase of a 4 bedroom house with decent gardens, beyond excited for next year at the moment.

Neither of my children know about this and the plan is to keep it quiet, pick them up from their mums and just turn up to the new house.

Also going to push for more money at work but that's always the plan ;)

It was weird going from a 1 bed flat to a 3 bed detached with garden. Garden isn't big but it isn't the new build size. It's we quite a lot of work. Because has big trees. They've only just finished dropping leaves!

But I love having my hens and feeding the birds, having the hedgehog visit, like I grew up with.

But I'd say it's taken 6 months to make the house liveable as I went to virtually zero savings on the purchase.
That's what I've used all my covid weekends for.. house work

Soldato
I'm not making any plans, covid is not going anywhere any time soon
Yes, this going to drag on for most of 2021.

My plan is to get an exercise bike and build strength in my legs, too much sitting these days. I want to do more reading too.

Soldato
It was weird going from a 1 bed flat to a 3 bed detached with garden. Garden isn't big but it isn't the new build size. It's we quite a lot of work. Because has big trees. They've only just finished dropping leaves!

But I love having my hens and feeding the birds, having the hedgehog visit, like I grew up with.

But I'd say it's taken 6 months to make the house liveable as I went to virtually zero savings on the purchase.
That's what I've used all my covid weekends for.. house work

Thankfully the house is already finished to a very high standard, it will be livable once we've unboxed.

I get a lot of time off work due to my shift pattern so it will be more home improvement such as insulation and boarding out the loft and planning how we want the place decorating.

Other plan will be self improvement, my garage is now full of Christmas boxes so my home gym is out of order but the new place has a double garage already laid out with gym flooring so getting back into it and having the space to properly work out again will be great.

Also having a big enough kitchen to enjoy cooking again will help with the diet, also just waiting for a part for a coffee machine refurb and I'm hoping to get back into real coffee again.

Final part is I am moving closer to my kids as the mum moved away with her new partner so I'm going to be just over 30 mins away so I can have them more during the week and be more involved with there school life too.

All in 2021 should either be an excellent year or if plans to go as I hope it could be an absolute car crash of a year.

Soldato
I'm relocating for work, again. I've lost count how many times I've moved, third time for me and the wife, second time for us and the kids. I envy those who have stayed in one place but recognize it has done me no harm career progression wise. Think this will be the last move though. After this I think I'm going to commute for any new roles.

Caporegime
Thankfully the house is already finished to a very high standard, it will be livable once we've unboxed.

I get a lot of time off work due to my shift pattern so it will be more home improvement such as insulation and boarding out the loft and planning how we want the place decorating.

Other plan will be self improvement, my garage is now full of Christmas boxes so my home gym is out of order but the new place has a double garage already laid out with gym flooring so getting back into it and having the space to properly work out again will be great.

Also having a big enough kitchen to enjoy cooking again will help with the diet, also just waiting for a part for a coffee machine refurb and I'm hoping to get back into real coffee again.

Final part is I am moving closer to my kids as the mum moved away with her new partner so I'm going to be just over 30 mins away so I can have them more during the week and be more involved with there school life too.

All in 2021 should either be an excellent year or if plans to go as I hope it could be an absolute car crash of a year.

My garage is single. And it's basically full of stuff! Plenty of room for a double. Which I'd need for a home gym. Miss going to the gym.

Sounds like a lovely house!

Soldato
My garage is single. And it's basically full of stuff! Plenty of room for a double. Which I'd need for a home gym. Miss going to the gym.

Sounds like a lovely house!

I have a very understanding partner who doesn't like clutter so I'm pretty much allowed the garage as my gym where we currently are but it's a small garage so it didn't take long for Christmas to make it unusable.

It's a much nicer house then I ever thought I'd have so hopefully everything goes to plan :)

Associate
Troll these forums more. Troll anti-vaxxers more on Facebook. Join the Flat Earth Society and constantly refer to the earth as round. Convince my partner she's slowly going mad by hiding things she needs around the house, for them to appear in completely random locations. Make some prank 999 calls. Order taxis for next door's address using withheld ID to annoy them on alternating weekends. Ride in a hot air balloon.

Soldato
Study more, game less. Also get back into working out. I injured myself [for the second time] working out during lockdown 1.0 and had to take a few months off, so will be back on it in January.

I don't think 2021 is going to be massively different to 2020, in spite of the vaccine. I think there'll still be a lot of uncertainty and restrictions around.

Where have you been, i swear you used to be a regular in the threads i used to read then you went.

Soldato
Join gym at work as it's a pittance annually and I want to get fitter. Other than yet just learn my new role and do the training for the role I want to do in future, whilst keeping an eye out for any international postings that may interest me.

Capodecina
Soldato
Where have you been, i swear you used to be a regular in the threads i used to read then you went.

Hah, somebody noticed :) I disappeared for several years. A mixture of getting fed up with disagreeing with people over the esoteric, and also the mods put me on moderated posts [so that I left, I always thought].

But it's all water under the bridge though now, innit.

Soldato
Well, the first part of 2021 will be all about Covid. Then the shops will start preparing for Christmas.

Also, the next batch of AMD 6800 cards, Nvidia 3080 and the Xbox series X will arrive for the Christmas period

Soldato
I'm relocating for work, again. I've lost count how many times I've moved, third time for me and the wife, second time for us and the kids. I envy those who have stayed in one place but recognize it has done me no harm career progression wise. Think this will be the last move though. After this I think I'm going to commute for any new roles.
Probably moving overseas myself next year for work. Looking forward to the challenge, but not packing up the house, finding tennant's and then sorting school for the kids.

Back
Top Bottom