*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
they attack and shoot you, throw grenades, might hack you etc

the odd ones are having a conversation but all the civilians basically do nothing at all they don't emulate a living city.
the different gangs don't really mean anything either.

COPs literally spawn around you theres no ai to them apart from they try to follow you and attack

like skyrim people atleast seem to have some kind of ai running in the background.

the way they hyped up the game like you could bribe the cops etc
almost made it sound like the gangs fight each other and you can end up on their good side like there was some kind of rep system or something.

they said like 1000 npc had daily routines and lives.

Games good though imo, the bugs arent any worse than you'd expect in an bethseda game

Got any source for those quotes? As they are bat **** crazy. There is no game on the market that has even come close to making a claim like that reality. Especially with the amount of different processors you would expect to support on the PC and the limited CPU power on an original xbox/ps4. You would at a stretch need to run the game as an online instance and allow powerful servers to process the AI routines.

Man of Honour
Got any source for those quotes? As they are bat **** crazy. There is no game on the market that has even come close to making a claim like that reality. Especially with the amount of different processors you would expect to support on the PC and the limited CPU power on an original xbox/ps4. You would at a stretch need to run the game as an online instance and allow powerful servers to process the AI routines.

Lot of this stuff is straight from the developer themselves i.e. talks at E3, etc. I didn't take enough interest to be able to find it now but a lot of these claims are from stuff the developers have claimed.

V F

V F

Soldato
Never buy a game on pe-order or release.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...gest-video-game-launch-turned-into-a-shambles

Beta tester until you wait 6 months = half price offers.

10 years to make the current game.....

Strangely, this was the first game I never got hyped on. Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, The Last of Us 2, Shadow of War, yes. Had no issues pre-ordering those.

However, I had no idea this game was 7 years in the making. I never knew of Cyberpunk until maybe April? and people ripped into Anthem. Anthem isn't getting the stick that this is.

Associate
It was worth £20 for me.

I think Batman was removed from Steam for 4 months just as a reference.

The problem we have now is that the work needed for consoles and the nrxt gen console version will have a negative impact on the fixes/improvements timewise for the pc version.

We could be looking at 6+months at least.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Strangely, this was the first game I never got hyped on. Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, The Last of Us 2, Shadow of War, yes. Had no issues pre-ordering those.

However, I had no idea this game was 7 years in the making. I never knew of Cyberpunk until maybe April? and people ripped into Anthem. Anthem isn't getting the stick that this is.

Wonder what Anthem is like these days, whether they ever managed to turn it around

V F

V F

Soldato
Wonder what Anthem is like these days, whether they ever managed to turn it around

Well, it's not looking good. A lot of concept art was being released. Then more people taken from Anthem to work on DA4 and by the looks of it, Anthem could be in limbo for a good year or two.

Man of Honour
Well, it's not looking good. A lot of concept art was being released. Then more people taken from Anthem to work on DA4 and by the looks of it, Anthem could be in limbo for a good year or two.

Gone into maintenance mode then by the sounds of it, pity, could have been really good

V F

V F

Soldato
Did they ever crack the unfinished feel or does it still feel unfinished even today?

It felt unfinished. It had a lot of potential. A fantastic world with very little life taking place in it. All end game had for it was 4 strongholds, daily contracts and a Legendary contract. With the Cataclysm thrown in that eventually became a 3 arena Cataclysm on rotation. There were two seasons that came into play as well. Season of Skulls and Icetide. Can no longer replay those.

They really nailed the javelins and fight mechanics though. Those were 100% solid but so much lack of end game content that killed it. As I had over 1000 hours in it by the time I stopped.

Soldato
I want to, but not in an unpolished state. People moan about £50 over RRP for buying a gfx card. Ain't paying £50 for sumat that's broken. Sure, it's a good game, just not yet.
So you think its unpolished and havent played it, but then say its broken, then it's a good game :confused:
Hopefully you have had 10 pints. If not, maybe it's time.

I've only had 5 and didn't follow that one bit :D

Back
Top Bottom