• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone having issues downloading the modern warfare 1.30 patch on ps5?

My console just repeatedly refuses to dowload it.

Error details are just "something went wrong". But the code CE-10002-3 just leads to a 404 page at Sony.

Not helpful!

Really don't want to have to download a whole 200+ gb game again.

Fixed it by deleting the update. I thought it wasnt even downloading but after some reading around I discovered it had already downloaded and just wouldn't install.

I deleted the update and it re-downloaded and this time installed fine. Happy days!

Associate
had a ps5 delivered on saturday from an online retailer and the disk drive got kackered after 4 days for no reason..it started making a horrible noise and i couldnt eject disks, so i had to use the manual screw under the cover to get the disk out but it still gave me problems...called playstation uk up and they said send just the unit back with no cables etc. and i will get a replacement unit. but im looking at at least 15 days with covid and christmas. it was sent with the pre paid label (royal mail 48h the only option they could give me!) to cycleon returns company who then ship it to playstation somewhere
In transit to us
Your product was dispatched to us on 17/12/2020
i will keep you updated on the return time.

Associate
Samsung T5 portable SSD and yes definitely worth it.
Surely you'd be better off getting an internal SATA SSD and external enclosure, the T5 is much more expensive and you're unlikely to get any benefit from a tiny bit of extra portability if it's connected to a console.

What are people using for their external storage?? Worth going SSD over HDD??
Probably better off getting a 3.5 non SMR external drive, and if there's a game you're playing regularly just transfer to internal PS5 SSD. I have over 5TB of PS4 games so an external SSD would be no good since an 8TB drive is around £800.

Associate
A M.2 NVMe drive in a enclosure is best if you want to max out the USB 3.2.
Only if you're frequently transferring games between the external SSD and internal SSD. Pretty sure PS4 games will get almost zero benefit from an NVMe SSD compared to a SATA SSD. Tests on PC showed the difference to be minuscule, I didn't measure it but running PS4 games from the PS5 SSD seemed the same as on PS4 with a SATA SSD.

Soldato
I'm tempted for the SanDisk Extreme 1TB which can be found for £125.

According to the stats it is USB 3.1 and my limited understanding is that this is theoretically half as fast as the 3.2 standard - will this play out as such in real life transfer and loading times?

*edit* Never mind, found a comparison online and the real world differences seem to be minimal!

Last edited:
Associate
had a ps5 delivered on saturday from an online retailer and the disk drive got kackered after 4 days for no reason..it started making a horrible noise and i couldnt eject disks, so i had to use the manual screw under the cover to get the disk out but it still gave me problems...called playstation uk up and they said send just the unit back with no cables etc. and i will get a replacement unit. but im looking at at least 15 days with covid and christmas. it was sent with the pre paid label (royal mail 48h the only option they could give me!) to cycleon returns company who then ship it to playstation somewhere
In transit to us
Your product was dispatched to us on 17/12/2020
i will keep you updated on the return time.

package was delivered last night by royal mail to the returns centre. just need to wait for them to send it off to playstation..i will keep updating for you guys if anyone else is having issues with returning their console.

Soldato
Personally I'd suggest waiting until Sony enable the internal m.2 slot and upgrading the storage via that unless you have a spare SSD lying around. Seems like a waste buying an external USB SSD now when it can only run PS4 games.

Soldato
Personally I'd suggest waiting until Sony enable the internal m.2 slot and upgrading the storage via that unless you have a spare SSD lying around. Seems like a waste buying an external USB SSD now when it can only run PS4 games.

Yeah I'd imagine this is the way to go long term but I can always re-purpose the external SSD for something else when this becomes a reality!

Associate
The 1TB T5 cost less than £100 when I purchased it.
Where from? Camelcamelcamel price tracker shows the lowest ever price from the rainforest as £113.49 over a year ago, so it sounds like you got it for a steal. Even at £100 an internal SSD + enclosure would be cheaper and there would be almost zero noticeable difference if you're only playing PS4 games from it.

For anyone actually buying one today it would be around £85 for a high quality SATA SSD + enclosure vs £140 for the Samsung T5, so it would be a no brainer to go for the internal SSD + enclosure.

Soldato
I did ponder for a long time getting an external but I just stopped having 'inactive' games installed. I find this approach also makes me concentrate on a couple of games at a time

Back
Top Bottom