Amazon: your total orders in 2020

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

iQUG4gi.png

I'm glad it doesn't total up the value! Probably about the same number of orders on Ebay as well - they put me on a premium account with my own customer service number!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Jesus. What are you ordering? Is it just a shed load of audio books or something? Has most of it been returned?

Believe it or not, not a single item returned out of all that.

I just don't do retail :) So it's all either Amazon or Ebay.

I also order a lot of stuff for uni (teaching and research) - ordered a chunk of BBC micobit stuff at the beginning of the year. Then there's the 3D printing supplies. 50 rolls of filament and 35 bottles of resin. It soon adds up.

Associate
Believe it or not, not a single item returned out of all that.

I just don't do retail :) So it's all either Amazon or Ebay.

I also order a lot of stuff for uni (teaching and research) - ordered a chunk of BBC micobit stuff at the beginning of the year. Then there's the 3D printing supplies. 50 rolls of filament and 35 bottles of resin. It soon adds up.

Fair enough. The convenience is hard to ignore which is why I can’t quite let go just yet.

Soldato
I get Amazon Prime for free but rarely use it. I absolutely get the popularity in quick delivery, excellent service, cheap prices etc but I'd still rather do my part to support small businesses and the jobs they create wherever possible.

Soldato
Soldato
I get Amazon Prime for free but rarely use it. I absolutely get the popularity in quick delivery, excellent service, cheap prices etc but I'd still rather do my part to support small businesses and the jobs they create wherever possible.
Often Amazon products are sold by third parties and you are directly supporting small businesses anyway

Soldato
Often Amazon products are sold by third parties and you are directly supporting small businesses anyway

True although they'll take a fair chunk out the margins vs going direct as well as dictating terms that might not always be preferable. You don't need to run a business to know that selling stuff on a platform e.g. eBay takes a significant chunk out your revenue. It's a case of providing opportunity for small businesses but annihalating competitors as medium/larger firms.

Soldato
Soldato
True although they'll take a fair chunk out the margins vs going direct as well as dictating terms that might not always be preferable. You don't need to run a business to know that selling stuff on a platform e.g. eBay takes a significant chunk out your revenue. It's a case of providing opportunity for small businesses but annihalating competitors as medium/larger firms.
Absolutely, but a lot of these businesses simply don't trade outside of eBay and amazon. Its like saying you don't like shopping at a market because the traders have to pay for their stall positions

Associate
74, definitely lower than I thought, only to realise I usually order in bulk. Rarely one item.

Looked through history and historically ordered more, Kindle books for my commute. Dawned that I have not read a book since March (usually read books on the train).

Soldato
Absolutely, but a lot of these businesses simply don't trade outside of eBay and amazon. Its like saying you don't like shopping at a market because the traders have to pay for their stall positions

True except the problem is that Amazon are swiftly becoming the only market so the traders have no choice and little bargaining power over where they setup their stalls. Take iOS and the Apple store for example, Governments have added Digital Service Taxes to try and level the playing field and they were just passed straight through to the developers because they can!

Soldato
Only 37 orders. Thought it'd be more but having said that it's still works out to a little less 1.5 orders every 2 weeks. Some were very cheap items like masks, batteries, in the case of some of these items to avoid going out during these times.

Back
Top Bottom