• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Caporegime
Permabanned

It's great on PC. I have almost 50hours played so far. What you should learn from this is to avoid consoles and console like hardware. It really just holds the PC back ;)

Soldato
Yeah, around 30 hours here and really enjoying it. Maybe it does not run well on AMD cards? :p

Lol. Well despite all the bad press it's running pretty well on my 5700XT and I've not encountered much in the way of bugs so far. Definitely doesn't look as pretty as ray traced footage but I'm not in the position to buy a new card, even if they were available, after much of the year on furlough. Like you I'm enjoying it so far :)

Edit: typos!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lol. Well despite all the bad press it's running pretty well on my 5700XT and I've not encountered much in the way of bugs so far. Definitely doesn't look as pretty as ray traced footage but I'm not in the position to buy a new card, even if they were available, after much of the year on furlough. Like you I'm enjoying it so far :)

:D

Soldato
It runs well enough between 40-55 FPS on my 2080 at 4K will DLSS on and RT off. Having said that the game is full of bugs, so the problems are not with hardware alone. From a gameplay perspective the gunplay is utter tripe and the city is large but ultimately boring, not to mention the horrible car physics/driving. It's is not meeting anywhere near the hype they generated for it.

The fact it runs better on PC does not detract from the fact it is a buggy mess and nowhere near completed. As usual consumers pay full price to be alpha testers.

Caporegime
It's great on PC. I have almost 50hours played so far. What you should learn from this is to avoid consoles and console like hardware. It really just holds the PC back ;)

Yeah, around 30 hours here and really enjoying it. Maybe it does not run well on AMD cards? :p

60 hours in here and loving it. Seeing ECH going off on one like that has made my day. Sure there are bugs and lots of them but it hasn't spoilt my fun and CB2077 (wtf is that? I play CP2077) is great fun for me. Consoles are the guys who have it bad and 15 fps in places is lolworthy. I will complete it and go for another playthrough after several more patches. Most games nowadays have to have patches and I take it as part and parcel of gaming.

Soldato
60 hours in here and loving it. Seeing ECH going off on one like that has made my day. Sure there are bugs and lots of them but it hasn't spoilt my fun and CB2077 (wtf is that? I play CP2077) is great fun for me. Consoles are the guys who have it bad and 15 fps in places is lolworthy. I will complete it and go for another playthrough after several more patches. Most games nowadays have to have patches and I take it as part and parcel of gaming.

Not just me then, CP2077 :) I imagine it's irked some of the console people that like to compete with the PCMR lot.

Caporegime
Not just me then, CP2077 :) I imagine it's irked some of the console people that like to compete with the PCMR lot.
A mate of mine is playing on Xbox and does nothing but whinge about it :D He is getting a refund/got a refund and will carry on playing COD. No idea how you can play fast paced shooters on a pad but each to their own.

Associate
Even on PC the game is a bit of a meme I'm gonna be honest. Gave up playing it with like less than 10 hours played, there were NPC's floating through the air upside down carrying stuff in some missions, all sort of weird stupid stuff happening for me. Think I'll revisit it in a couple months. Seemed a bit of a mess.

Although whether that helps any I dunno, thought something about the shooting and mouse movement felt way off for me from the first gunfight. Feels kinda sluggish almost? I thought there was something wrong with my mouse but I see there is a Reddit post with hundreds of comments about this so I guess I'm not the only one:D Nowhere near CoD smooth that's for sure.. Definitely didn't feel the hype at all.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah like the old consoles owners were not told that the game runs fine on their hw. Here we have the best example of a greedy company trying to make a lot of money by moving the sliders instead of working to optimize their crappy game. Kudos to Sony for removing them from store.
The game will work fine on the new consoles if it wants to make any money. And after the hype is gone and it is no longer a Nvidia marketing product, it will work better on PC too, on AMD and on older Nvidia cards. If the devs won't end up bankrupted before they manage to optimize their game. :)

Soldato
I don't know why but default for me is terrible. I find it hard to believe other people are seeing to the extent I'm seeing in game so must be just my system or how the engine is detecting it.
With the streaming distance if you push it too far there the balance gets messed up and stuff disappear s completely as it has some sort of base priority regardless of distance.

I have settled on just this
EDIT: 150 is too high here too. driving around a while results in missing assets
[Streaming]
DistanceBoost = 150.000000

before/afterin the spoiler this is outside afterlife

You know, I've noticed what you said happening. It was because exactly those elements you mentioned started loading in more slowly, but curiously this happened in a situation when the streaming bugged out and some models didn't load at all (eg for chests etc but you could still interact with them just fine), like what I said was happening when I bumped streaming distances too high except this time I only had distanceboost at 60 and I played for many hours with it fine. I think there's definitely something going on where a change gets triggered in the streaming system and it performs poorly, almost like base console mode gets engaged. Very strange situation.

Soldato
Anyone else notice this in their game?
eW6qU2I

I tried fiddling with the settings but it seems none of the settings being maxed fixed this. This happens even without DLSS. I am fine with how the game looks apart from this small detail, I run into this type of "blocky" texture all the time in these types of situations... What gives?

This is down to the resolution of the volumetric fog volume, and nothing really fixes it. It's somewhat more tolerable at native 4K + ultra vol fog but it still happens. Keep an eye out for ini settings maybe you can modify the resolution that way. Will let you know if I find anything.

See here, it's more properly diffuse:
vrehsaJ.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
The DLSS quality option is decent to be fair, sure it's still a downgrade from native with the blur but it provides enough of an uplift to allow some form of ray tracing though on GPU power.

The other DLSS options look terrible though, so i could only ever see myself using the Quality setting.

My problem with DLSS is not the slight blur, which is rather easy to fix with a bit of sharpening, but rather the very annoying but faint ghost image of certain things. I've seen tires having a ghosting effect when driving fast or iron sights having certain colors of it sorta ghost. This is at 1440p using DLSS quality. Before the Nvidia defense force comes running I would like to add that I'm sitting here with an RTX 3070 from where I've seen these things first hand. If they somehow could eliminate this and add a version that can run on all DX11/DX12/Vulkan titles I would say it's a very cool piece of tech, however, it still has some way to go before I'm gonna be impressed. It's not equal to native, but the basic idea of what it does is useful we just need to keep the silly marketing out of it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My problem with DLSS is not the slight blur, which is rather easy to fix with a bit of sharpening, but rather the very annoying but faint ghost image of certain things. I've seen tires having a ghosting effect when driving fast or iron sights having certain colors of it sorta ghost. This is at 1440p using DLSS quality. Before the Nvidia defense force comes running I would like to add that I'm sitting here with an RTX 3070 from where I've seen these things first hand. If they somehow could eliminate this and add a version that can run on all DX11/DX12/Vulkan titles I would say it's a very cool piece of tech, however, it still has some way to go before I'm gonna be impressed. It's not equal to native, but the basic idea of what it does is useful we just need to keep the silly marketing out of it.
Hold on, you went and bought a RTX 3070? :p

Seems all the AMD boys be buying Nvidia these days.

Back
Top Bottom