Ring doorbell users

Soldato
Has anyone ever checked their Ring app and found when looking at earlier footage from the day, there is a 'missed ring', showing in red?

This is basically when someone arrives at your front door and presses the doorbell yet the doorbell makes no sound outside (a blue light goes round and round on the doorbell with no sound) nor does the chime ring inside. Also, it doesn't send any notification to my phone.

I live in a quiet street with very little activity in my front garden so on the few occasions I do have someone ring the doorbell, I'd expect it to work but it's completely hit and miss. I have a WiFi mesh setup with a good Internet connection which has never gone down.

Ring have sent me a replacement device but I'm thinking just sell it and buy something else as it can't even function as a reliable doorbell nevermind a camera. Anyone experienced anything similar?

Associate
Happens a lot with mine, exactly the same. We also get a motion alert when people are walking up the drive and then if they press the bell we dont get a ring.

Not impressed with it at all really but too late now.

Soldato
OP
It's faulty or seriously flawed. Give them a call, they'll try troubleshooting with you over the phone the first time but mine still had the same issue. They've replaced mine with a ring doorbell 3 and asked that I send the doorbell 2 back to them. I'm just not sure whether to sell the doorbell 3 on and buy something else. I invested in other ring cameras around the house regrettably but I don't want to be paying for multiple subscriptions.

Soldato
I just checked and funnily enough, there was a missed ring on mine.

Now I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain mine was due to poor WiFi as coincidentally, the missed ring was my electrician coming round to fix the socket that my WiFi extender is usually plugged into as I broke it when rewiring it.

Looking back over the previous 30 days, that's the only missed ring I've had and it was during the 24 hours when I had terrible WiFi by the door.

Soldato
OP
We had issues until I put a mesh WiFi booster literally behind the wall it’s attached to. Zero problems since. And we’ve had A LOT of deliveries.

I've done the same, except its not directly behind it but ~3m away if that.

If others have had the same issue though and got it sorted, it gives me some hope. I guess I'll try the doorbell 3 and see if it's any better.

Associate
After about 18 months I've dumped my battery powered Ring doorbell. Became increasingly unreliable with live-view, and thats with a wifi signal almost strong enough to melt lead.

I've replaced it with a similar Eufy battery doorbell but its like night and day. The live view always works and works quickly.

Soldato
OP
After about 18 months I've dumped my battery powered Ring doorbell. Became increasingly unreliable with live-view, and thats with a wifi signal almost strong enough to melt lead.

I've replaced it with a similar Eufy battery doorbell but its like night and day. The live view always works and works quickly.

Link to the one you have please? Never heard of Eufy.

Is there a monthly subscription?

Caporegime
Ring doorbell 3 here, never had an issue since I installed it in Mar.

Well not quite to be fair, initially it was a bit hit and miss getting our Amazon Echo to recognise the bell and ring.

But that was purely the fault of the echo being first gen, and very old.

Got a new Amazon show, a week or so after the doorbell, and it and the ring have worked flawlessly since.

Soldato
MY Grandma is having this exact issue and she's had her Ring version 2 for a while now but it has only started happening in last few weeks and like others they have sent a v3 as a replacement so going to install it for her this week. Fingers crossed it sorts it as shes quite deaf I have it hooked up to 2 chimes an echo show auto video on ring and 4 echos. Honestly I think the whole street knows when her door goes :D

Back
Top Bottom