Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [18th - 21st Dec 2020]

Soldato
I know what you mean, used to look forward to watching you guys when Kev was in charge but now I'd rather watch my mother get gang raped than watch that what Bruce claims to be football

Caporegime
He's really grown into the role. When he first got the armband it looked like a job too big for him to follow on from Gerrard but the last 3-4 years he's grown as both a player and captain. Every time we've signed a midfielder there's been question marks over his place in the side but each and every time he's steppd up and answered those questions. As a captain, along with Milner, he's really been the standard setter for the side and the reason for our ridiculous consistency over the past 30 monts.
He'll never push us on to victory like Gerrard did, he'll never get the amount of goals or assists either but he's far more vocal than Gerrard ever was and is a much better motivator.

When games were going against us you sometimes heard Gerrard shout at his teammates and you could see his head drop which had a negative impact on the team, that's not something Henderson ever seems to do. Both fantastic captains for Liverpool but in completely different ways.

Soldato
I know what you mean, used to look forward to watching you guys when Kev was in charge but now I'd rather watch my mother get gang raped than watch that what Bruce claims to be football
That really has just tickled me and made me LOL, us Newcastle fans need to stop complaining though as you cant change the way a team plays in 16 months according to Bruce

Soldato
Yeah you've certainly got to have a sense of humour being a Toon fan, Ashley has basically mugged you guys off at every turn, the best one ever was appointing Joe Kinnear, it felt like it was an episode of Impractical Jokers only for you guys it isn't a joke it's real life.

Don
I'm not sure what's worse for Newcastle fans, having to watch this Bruce side or being told how lucky they are by all these pundits. I made the point the other year regarding Mourinho and Utd, football should be about meeting minimum targets through playing terrible football. It's meant to be fun, supporters are meant to believe that their side can progress to bigger and better things. All Newcastle fans can look forward to is finishing 16th-10th playing horrible football and no sign of that changing.
He'll never push us on to victory like Gerrard did, he'll never get the amount of goals or assists either but he's far more vocal than Gerrard ever was and is a much better motivator. When games were going against us you sometimes heard Gerrard shout at his teammates, that's not something Henderson would ever do. Both fantastic captains for Liverpool but in completely different ways.
Yea, they are very different. I wouldn't be too critical of anything Gerrard done as a captain though because he was playing in very different teams - with the exception of Masch, Alonso, Torres and Suarez, throughout his time we rarely had players near the same level as him and we often relied on him to bridge the gap between us and other sides. A result of that was probably a separation between him and the rest of the side - you would often see players just playing the easy sideways pass to Gerrard when they had better options on. We're very much a team now though and in terms of pure talent the likes of Henderson and Milner are 2 of our least talented players however what this squad needs is characters like them that will keep all the stars on their toes, making sure we don't become complacent.

Soldato
Yeah you've certainly got to have a sense of humour being a Toon fan, Ashley has basically mugged you guys off at every turn, the best one ever was appointing Joe Kinnear, it felt like it was an episode of Impractical Jokers only for you guys it isn't a joke it's real life.
PMSL, I live with the thought that one day us Geordies will get our club back one day, until then our sense of humour gets better and better, I have no doubt that if Fulham play like they did against Liverpool last week they will turn us over.

Soldato
I'm not sure what's worse for Newcastle fans, having to watch this Bruce side or being told how lucky they are by all these pundits. I made the point the other year regarding Mourinho and Utd, football should be about meeting minimum targets through playing terrible football. It's meant to be fun, supporters are meant to believe that their side can progress to bigger and better things. All Newcastle fans can look forward to is finishing 16th-10th playing horrible football and no sign of that changing.
That’s they thing that gets me more than the bad football, the friends of Bruce and pundits telling us “how lucky we are to be where we are” and “how Ashley saved us(Rio Ferdinand’s favourite)” and they always have to mention Rafa, I know for a fact that if Rafa was given the £100m that Bruce has spent on players we would be a lot higher in the table than we are now. I know as fans we wind each other up, but fans do get it, where as the pundits don’t seem to. When I watch Newcastle now I tend to have my iPad in my hand doing other things(wouldn’t have thought about doing that years ago) or when were the late game on Sunday I’m more interested in the NFL.

Soldato
City will be happy to soak up this 'pressure', given our finishing is usually poor, then punish on the break when we fail at pressing and have too many players high

Soldato
That’s true.

Regarding your previous post. I think the wrong people got their hands on all three NE clubs. Thought they were a means to print money and that fan loyalty would never falter. Just look at blunderland lol, league 1 and were still getting 30k fans in.
I agree about the toon and blunderland tbh, but I think in steve Gibson, Middlesbrough have a very good owner, he just doesn’t have the money to compete anymore.

Soldato
Penalty not given against City.

But wait! They’re not MUFC, how can that be? Perhaps the ref got the teams mixed up?

Don
Penalty not given against City.

But wait! They’re not MUFC, how can that be? Perhaps the ref got the teams mixed up?
Because it deflected off his knee and the handball rule was tweaked so that this wouldn't be given ;) Had it been Utd, instead of Southampton it would have been given though :p

Soldato
Because it deflected off his knee and the handball rule was tweaked so that this wouldn't be given ;) Had it been Utd, instead of Southampton it would have been given though :p

Even winning 7-0 can’t negate the need for salt for that chip.

Back
Top Bottom