Ikea Desk Question

Associate
Going for a revamp and decided to go with 2 alex drawers underneath the Linnamon top which seems very popular.In a perfect world I would like the pc on the desk over one of the drawers.

My question is I have the infin8 swarm which weighs a ton,would the desk be able to withstand the weight of it in the pc was placed over one of the drawers for added support??

bVMuBxQ.jpg

Associate
If it's essentially the drawers supporting the weight then it'll be no problem. I can stand on mine and it doesn't budge

Definitely wouldn't trust it on the desk surface if there isn't anything underneath it though

Associate
I would go with either the Karlby or the Gerton from Ikea, both are solid wood pieces and would be a better choice for stability and longevity. I went with the Gerton myself as a width of 75cm suited me better.

If going for the Gerton, you would need to treat the wood as it is 'bare' and any stains would stay in the wood but the benefit is that you could stain it whatever colour you wanted to suite your setup. Love mine!

Oh, and don't be fooled into thinking you need a fake potted plant for your set-up, it will work perfectly fine without one, maybe. :D

Associate
There are white IKEA kitchen worktops that range from £30+ that are actually much more sturdier and stronger as they are solid inside as the opposite to hollow Linnamon tops.

Back
Top Bottom