*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
To be fair I'm finding it more playable than DX:MD - at least I can aim properly - aimed sensitivity, etc. is implemented OK - and can get my setup a bit more streamlined albeit interface wise it needs a lot of work.
Haha. I always remember you for your Deus Ex MD issues, you must be the most sensative/picky or unlucky gamer there is as I never had the issues you did :p

I'm 40 hours in and really enjoying it on pc, no crashes just minor bugs. For comparison my wife plays it on ps4 pro (with ssd upgrade) and gets a crash approx every two hours. I'd say that the ps4 pro performance is the absolute lowest I'd willing accept, if i had ps4 base with hdd, it'd likely be horrid. I played Witcher 3 on base ps4 and that ran awful so there was no chance this would run or look great on base imho. Promptly bought a 1080ti and played Witcher 3 on my pc - problem solved ;)
Mad. Never played a game that crashed on a console as far as I can remember. No wonder MS and Sony offering refunds. Crashing on a console is simply unacceptable imo.

Soldato
This is all very simplistic and ignores the fact that companies have deadlines. Admittedly a long time ago now but I have worked as a programmer (in an application dev team) and while some companies give you room to work and fix bugs, you do still have deadlines to meet. I have seen some prima-donna programmers stall an entire project and force a missed deadline because they could make their "masterpeice" use less RAM and they practically started from scratch very close to deadline day. Ironically the best programmers are really bad at seeing the big picture because they tend to be nerds or "on the spectrum". So if you leave them to manage their own project it will never get done.

Let's not forget these developers have had since 2012 to get a working game out the door and eight years later they release the buggy mess we have been presented with. This is the same regardless of the service/work you do in any field. You have deadlines to meet and if you keep missing them then the money dries up.

So please don't fall for the line that the poor devs did their best and the corporate types are to blame for any isuses we now see. This is very much a joint collaborative mess up by everyone at CDPR. Nerds given too much artisitc freedom and corporate types had believed them for too long before finally realising "what have we done". Finally the only option was to call time on an unfinished mess and releasing what they had and to compund it all, lying to the customer.
Absolute rubbish slating the developer's!

Soldato
Mad. Never played a game that crashed on a console as far as I can remember. No wonder MS and Sony offering refunds. Crashing on a console is simply unacceptable imo.
You must have not played many console games then.
Friends with COD / Warzone crash quite a lot, i’ve had crashes on PS1, Xbox, SNES, Megadrive, N64... Different forms like frozen due to cartridge, laser issues, overheating etc.
A console is only hardware in a smaller case with controllers and output to tv, of course they can crash. Consoles have crashed since the days of the master system and probably before (i was just too young before master system)

Soldato
Absolute rubbish slating the developer's!
Who really knows? We're all clueless to the inner workings of the company. Tbh, they're probably all to blame if development was done in an agile environment :). Successes and failures are all shared.
Having worked in develop and also testing in the past, and while I'm not defending the issues being found, it is worth noting that games are very complex today. Most software packages out there, even small ones, still have bugs to this day just that the majority will never be noticed. The aim is often to find the bugs users are most likely to come across. Obviously they've failed at that in this case. Never worked on games before but I'd imagine there are masses of edge cases to try to check for.

I've just been helping out a small team and even after 2 years their noddy (simple) application still has bugs. You'd be surprised just how much effort (time and £) it takes to achieve bug free software. Trying to avoid regression issues is difficult enough, where a change is made that impacts another part of the system.This is where automated testing helps, where tests check existing behaviour, but that's expensive and time consuming too and not really sure how that can be applied to computer games.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
You must have not played many console games then.
Friends with COD / Warzone crash quite a lot, i’ve had crashes on PS1, Xbox, SNES, Megadrive, N64... Different forms like frozen due to cartridge, laser issues, overheating etc.
A console is only hardware in a smaller case with controllers and output to tv, of course they can crash. Consoles have crashed since the days of the master system and probably before (i was just too young before master system)

IMHO, any form of consistent crashing on a console is always unacceptable, it's a standardised hardware platform with known performance/optimization available.

You get a lot more leeway when dealing with the millions of combinations of options when dealing with PCs.

Soldato
Who really knows? We're all clueless to the inner workings of the company. Tbh, they're probably all to blame if development was done in an agile environment :). Successes and failures are all shared.
Having worked in develop and also testing in the past, and while I'm not defending the issues being found, it is worth noting that games are very complex today. Most software packages out there, even small ones, still have bugs to this day just that the majority will never be noticed. The aim is often to find the bugs users are most likely to come across. Obviously they've failed at that in this case. Never worked on games before but I'd imagine there are masses of edge cases to try to check for.

I've just been helping out a small team and even after 2 years their noddy (simple) application still has bugs. You'd be surprised just how much effort (time and £) it takes to achieve bug free software. Trying to avoid regression issues is difficult enough, where a change is made that impacts another part of the system.This is where automated testing helps, where tests check existing behaviour, but that's expensive and time consuming too and not really sure how that can be applied to computer games.
Check out the triangle Which is made up from time cost and quality.

Pick only two....

Guess which two that cdproject picked.

Associate
Well said. Software developers are a funny bunch at the best of times, and will drag a project out for as long as possible, if given half a chance. They absolutely must have deadlines, and management ensuring that those deadlines are being met.

They've had since 2013 to get this project out the door, and if that's not long enough, then something went very wrong during development. Blaming the suits is all very well, but they're not the ones actually working on the game.

What I think you're both ignoring is that what has been released is epic in scale, both in terms of number of missions, number of mechanics in the game, sheer size and complexity of the city which winds around in on itself over multiple layers, the large amount of voice acting and mocap. It's huge and complex. They aimed very high and fell slightly short, which means if you have this weird relativistic thinking it's seen as a "mess" or a "failure", yet if you actually just consider the size and scope of the game in an absolute sense without some expectation to compare it to, what a fairly small team has released is impressive in its own right.

It's really rough to see some of these comments bash the game and the developers, I get people are disappointed and it released with bugs and some stuff cut, but let's try and keep that in perspective.

Soldato
IMHO, any form of consistent crashing on a console is always unacceptable, it's a standardised hardware platform with known performance/optimization available.

You get a lot more leeway when dealing with the millions of combinations of options when dealing with PCs.
Consistent, yes.
I even remember the old arcade machines with the likes of Street fighter II on the Jamma boards crashing as a kid

Associate
I love how quickly I can be in a game and playing from cold. I can save pretty much anywhere and quit the game. It's perfect for pick up and play between work meetings :)
I've sunk 50 odd hours into this game and whilst it isnt perfect, I'm having a blast.
As @PrincessFrosty says the scope of this is massive and they've nailed most of it.
I've had no crashes at all yet, only twice have I seen a T posed AI character.
I do feel for the poor console players though :(

Soldato
Have the loading times reduced for anyone since the new patch? Steam to game load and liading a save

They seem a lot quicker for me but might just be placebo

From pressing play on the Steam game to being in game takes 48 seconds.
That includes the inbuilt Cyberpunk load thing after Steam, the intros then loading a save game.
NVMe drive Steam library. 3500MB/s read, 3000Mb/s write.

I would hate to think how long it takes on PS4 mechanical HDD :eek:

If the PS4 base HDD is 5400rpm mechanical lets say 100MB/s which is probably more of an over estimate.
48*3500 - 168,000 MB loaded in 48 seconds.
1680 seconds to load, or 28 minutes :D :D :D
Guess not all that is loading actually, mostly the stupid intro crap with epilepsy warning

Actual data load time is about 15 seconds, so maybe 8 minutes on a base PS4

Lets hope my sums are incorrect for PS4 base HDD owners

Last edited:
Soldato
I've looked around for an answer but can't find one - can you buy/loot the "Crafting Plans" for the mods of Melee Weapons anywhere (not firearms ones)?

I've been to all 5 Melee shops and there's nothing there so I don't know if it's possible. I've got the firearms mod crafting plans but just can't find any melee ones yet.

Soldato
The save limit will be increased / removed in a patch no doubt, still doesn’t help people who have lost games due to it already though.

Back
Top Bottom