Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Associate
I bought the Ali Express PU leather face plate listed in this thread. Arrived in 4 days from China.

Pros - sticks to your face so is a bit more secure.

Cons - sticks to your face so feels less comfy. It’s narrower so again less comfy. Has less padding inside the faux leather so compresses easier and feels less comfy. Once it’s fitted it takes a fair bit of effort to get it off the Oculus again, on mine one of the tabs on the face plate gave out before it came off. Not ideal. My 12yo hated it for comfort.

I’ve gone back to the stock foam one. Pity- I was excited for this for seated sim play.

Soldato
Anker-Oculus-Quest-2-Charging-Dock-scaled.jpg

https://uploadvr.com/anker-oculus-quest-2-charging-dock/

Charging Dock from Anker. Officially supported, and sold direct on the Oculus site. This actually seems really clever, making use of magnets to give the Quest 2 a Qi-like charging experience.

Soldato
ooo i like that a lot !

does that charge both headset and controllers wirelessly ?

Probably just the headset, You'd need extra circuitry inside the controller for wireless charging or a modified battery cover for charging contacts.

If a AAA was used the AA space may accommodate the wiring charging gubbins.

Further readage states that it charges the controllers too.

Last edited:
Soldato
ooo i like that a lot !

does that charge both headset and controllers wirelessly ?

Seems like it does the controllers wirelessly.

With the headset, it seems you get a magnetic USB-C connector to plug in to the headset. Then the dock has a sliding magnetic connector which should move in to place as you put the headset on the dock. So not "wireless charging" in the conventional sense. But not dissimilar, functionally.

Soldato
How are people finding the VR cover replacement interface?

I tried the narrow interface recently, and whilst it is barely any smaller than the original at first glance, it does seem to fit my face slightly better. However the padding on the top is thinner, and its creating a pressure point on my forehead.

Why is it so difficult to make these devices comfortable on the face.

Underboss

I tried the narrow interface recently, and whilst it is barely any smaller than the original at first glance, it does seem to fit my face slightly better. However the padding on the top is thinner, and its creating a pressure point on my forehead.

i use the Thicker one

also i dont tighter the strap "too much"

Soldato

What headstrap are you using? These headsets are relatively heavy, so keeping them stuck to your face with elastic or ratchet pressure will always be uncomfortable.
Halo seems the least worst option.

Soldato
i use the Thicker one

also i dont tighter the strap "too much"

It wasn't the vr cover I tried, it was the official oculus narrow facial interface. Its fine in terms of fit, but the padding is too thin on it. I think ideally I would want a narrow interface with good padding.

What headstrap are you using? These headsets are relatively heavy, so keeping them stuck to your face with elastic or ratchet pressure will always be uncomfortable.
Halo seems the least worst option.

Elite strap. I tried halo on the quest 1 and didn't like it very much. The problem is that to get the right eye position the headset does need to be clamped to your face. The halo strap doesn't get enough clamping force.

Back
Top Bottom