*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
The vending machine 'bags' for cans still annoys me, such a simple fix, is it due to my gfx res?
Additionally the machines are b0rked, half the time they refuse to give more than one item, or items get stuck resulting in everything remaining stuck and inaccessible within the machine.
When you hack a machine it spills unlootable items as a distraction. Not sure why these shouldn't be lootable.

Cars clipping each other so vehicles sit on top of one another, all NPC, so not game breaking, just really poor, glancing away and back to see NPC models have changed for people walking towards or away from you.
Twinning, all over the place.
Being able to 'talk' to every NPC. Yet none of them have anything to say.

SO may locked doors, content they clearly thought they would open but didn't.
Hundreds of inaccessible street vendors, unsure why this is so difficult to just add a unified 'shop' icon to them all.

Soldato
Reposting for anyone who hasnt seen this. Asus suite III users, try a fresh install it solved my problems. I had perfect fps in all other games. But cyberpunk reported 95% gpu and 60% cpu with 75 max fps, fresh windows install to stop the borked settings left behind from asus suite III still 95% gpu and 60% cpu but now getting 120-140 fps in same scenes.

Soldato
So I've been loving the game up to now but even after installing the latest 1.5 HOTFIX it's still crashing for me on PC.

And strangely enough the crashing is becoming more frequent now. I've already crashed three times this evening and I've only been playing about 2.5 hours.

It's a shame because I'm really enjoying the game.

Soldato
The crashing is a strange one because others (and myself) have a completely different experience. I mean, I'm over 30 hours in and not a single crash. Then again, my system generally doesn't have a crashing problem - the last time I had issues was when my 980ti had cooling issues and would top 90C.

Soldato
Well I've just finished the main story after 35h and loved every minute of it, story, world, graphics and sound was absolutely incredible, its a shame about the bugs, unfinished NPC's, police and gangs but I enjoyed it regardless. I left around %50 of the side quests which I intend to do on a second run through starting later :)

Soldato
The vending machine 'bags' for cans still annoys me, such a simple fix, is it due to my gfx res?
Additionally the machines are b0rked, half the time they refuse to give more than one item, or items get stuck resulting in everything remaining stuck and inaccessible within the machine.
When you hack a machine it spills unlootable items as a distraction. Not sure why these shouldn't be lootable.

Cars clipping each other so vehicles sit on top of one another, all NPC, so not game breaking, just really poor, glancing away and back to see NPC models have changed for people walking towards or away from you.
Twinning, all over the place.
Being able to 'talk' to every NPC. Yet none of them have anything to say.

Hundreds of inaccessible street vendors, unsure why this is so difficult to just add a unified 'shop' icon to them all.
Yep and that's just a small part of it.

I'm 60 hours in and I now suspect there was a massive change in direction half way through development. It's evident in the experience. They probably realised that they simply couldn't achieve the game they wanted and had to fundamentally tear everything down and went about stitching together gameplay, story and open world in a manner they could handle with the deadline. Then Covid made it impossible.

The game in all aspects is barely comparable to what was proposed by CDPR over the years, and I genuinely don't think they were lying about it. This game, in each aspect and as a whole, is so below the standards they set themselves with Witcher 3 that you can see the patchwork in how the game plays. Its difficult to describe but it's disjointedness is evident in how the game progresses. Nothing feels mature in the game because it doesn't "fit" right in the game space. And that's an area CDPR excel at usually.

This game is NOT what CDPR intended at all, not just the obvious things like bugs etc, but fundamental gameplay systems and narration. I'd put money on it. Bad management and inexperience in new game design has done them over and I imagine that they wanted to delay it much further but investors put their foot down.

Associate
Nope, max settings and res and the machines still dispense identical greasy brown paper bags.
Accurate representation of the real life vending machine experience. I fail to see the problem here. :D
Yeah, every locked door is like a promise of more to come, or a shadow of content cut.
I have wondered about those myself, cut content or room for future content?
Can't it be both? :)

Soldato
Accurate representation of the real life vending machine experience. I fail to see the problem here. :D
:)

I actually agree, it could be, if you could then bump or rock the machine to get your goods.
Instead it just fails to spawn the item. Or spawns it invisibly, or clips it into another part of the world.

Original deus ex did vending machines 20 years ago, they were better than this implementation.
It is remarkably confusing how poorly they have done so many things.
Also the fact no one seems to 'own' anything, you can loot money right in front of a non-interactable shop keeper.
It ruins any concept of immersion.
Such a potential wasted.

Associate
I actually agree, it could be, if you could then bump or rock the machine to get your goods.
Instead it just fails to spawn the item. Or spawns it invisibly, or clips it into another part of the world.

Original deus ex did vending machines 20 years ago, they were better than this implementation.
It is remarkably confusing how poorly they have done so many things.
Also the fact no one seems to 'own' anything, you can loot money right in front of a non-interactable shop keeper.
It ruins any concept of immersion.
Such a potential wasted.
The items just being all over without anyone taking ownership or trying to prevent theft is immersion breaking for me.
Sure I can suspend my disbelief to let a lot slide, but these starving poverty looking people and others constantly talking about debt can't be taken seriously when I'm grabbing items out of untouched boxes on the street, and picking up 'trash' in plain view that is vendorable.

I know a lot of games do it, but that doesn't make it any less ******** lazy game creation. Put items in houses. Have ownership attached to items and apply penalties for getting caught taking them. Have boxes of loot only appear where they have a reasonable excuse to be, such as where gangs gather, not in the middle of the street in plain view unlocked and full of loot. Its a small thing but one that reminds me every single time I play that this world can't be real. There's no way that box I just looted (in plain sight of the police) wouldn't have been checked a dozen times already by that guy begging for cash over there.

And even the loot boxes in occupied warehouses and in gang territory should be locked. Its the small things that suck any realism out of the game for me. Bugs can be jarring but they pass. Constant reminders like the availability of loot aren't so easy to ignore. I play it anyway, but its a small things that's a big deal IMHO.

Associate
Please tell me you also tried doing this :D

I tried double tapping forward into the machine and attacking it but no, my stuck vendor loot refused to budge. I would have been elated (no lie) if bumping the machine had made it drop.

Soldato
The items just being all over without anyone taking ownership or trying to prevent theft is immersion breaking for me.
Sure I can suspend my disbelief to let a lot slide, but these starving poverty looking people and others constantly talking about debt can't be taken seriously when I'm grabbing items out of untouched boxes on the street, and picking up 'trash' in plain view that is vendorable.

I know a lot of games do it, but that doesn't make it any less ******** lazy game creation. Put items in houses. Have ownership attached to items and apply penalties for getting caught taking them. Have boxes of loot only appear where they have a reasonable excuse to be, such as where gangs gather, not in the middle of the street in plain view unlocked and full of loot. Its a small thing but one that reminds me every single time I play that this world can't be real. There's no way that box I just looted (in plain sight of the police) wouldn't have been checked a dozen times already by that guy begging for cash over there.

And even the loot boxes in occupied warehouses and in gang territory should be locked. Its the small things that suck any realism out of the game for me. Bugs can be jarring but they pass. Constant reminders like the availability of loot aren't so easy to ignore. I play it anyway, but its a small things that's a big deal IMHO.

I was getting my rig ready and prepped for playing Cyberpunk during the holidays.

Ive never seen such divided opinion on this game.

This just popped up on my youtube page:

Is a lot of this true? If so, it does seem a little "lazy" by the developers?

For a 49.99 game... well, you know...

I just loaded GTA5 just to test out on my new rig and Im amazed how well it looks 7 years on.

Caporegime
Cyberpunk is good if you take the game in isolation, however so many things are missing it is very clear they ran out of time.

You would think a game released over 7 years after GTA 5 would move the game on in every single area, and in some they have, for example the interior of the cars is vastly better, however we have gone backwards in many respects.

Massive shame, but still enjoying the game and over 40hrs in.

Associate
Yep and that's just a small part of it.

I'm 60 hours in and I now suspect there was a massive change in direction half way through development. It's evident in the experience. They probably realised that they simply couldn't achieve the game they wanted and had to fundamentally tear everything down and went about stitching together gameplay, story and open world in a manner they could handle with the deadline. Then Covid made it impossible.

The game in all aspects is barely comparable to what was proposed by CDPR over the years, and I genuinely don't think they were lying about it. This game, in each aspect and as a whole, is so below the standards they set themselves with Witcher 3 that you can see the patchwork in how the game plays. Its difficult to describe but it's disjointedness is evident in how the game progresses. Nothing feels mature in the game because it doesn't "fit" right in the game space. And that's an area CDPR excel at usually.

This game is NOT what CDPR intended at all, not just the obvious things like bugs etc, but fundamental gameplay systems and narration. I'd put money on it. Bad management and inexperience in new game design has done them over and I imagine that they wanted to delay it much further but investors put their foot down.

This is what happens on all pre-order games today it's only a Beta version of the release game and now you're the unpaid tester for their game, it will take game development team up to a year to fix the game if they can!

Soldato
Cyberpunk is good if you take the game in isolation, however so many things are missing it is very clear they ran out of time.

You would think a game released over 7 years after GTA 5 would move the game on in every single area, and in some they have, for example the interior of the cars is vastly better, however we have gone backwards in many respects.

Massive shame, but still enjoying the game and over 40hrs in.

Mmm thanks for your feedback, so hand on your heart, is it worth £50?

Soldato
The crashing is a strange one because others (and myself) have a completely different experience. I mean, I'm over 30 hours in and not a single crash. Then again, my system generally doesn't have a crashing problem - the last time I had issues was when my 980ti had cooling issues and would top 90C.

It is strange, I don't think it's my end because every other game runs fine on this PC and the PC seems fast and stable.

I really believe it's the game. I've done a lot of searching online and see others mentioning the same on forums.

I am playing on 4690k + RTX 2080 + 16GB ram, latest version of windows, latest nvidia drivers.

It was fine for about 4 days with no crashing but now the crashing has started again and become more frequent.

I'd just glad the game only takes like 10 seconds to load from desktop to back in-game, as that makes it less painful.

Back
Top Bottom