*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I've had one crash in 70 hours which is pretty good going. Don't think I've completed act 2 yet though. I'm 60% 15% 20% on progression, I'm assuming it means progression as it's not explained.

Soldato
lol so much not explained, even how item levelling works, how badguy levels work
Why i can run in with a sledgehammer and batter everyone to 'death' or unconscious, as I believe the case it, but there is no discernible difference between the two states.
Its much handier than trying to shoot anyone, batter, batter, batter a bit more, everyone done.

Associate
Running 1.05 patch here.
CPU utilisation on my 5600x is now even higher than with the hex patch on the previous version, and my temps are lower too.

Still Getty the random FPS drops, and random bugs, but only had the single ctd during my game play, and that was only a few hours in on launch day.

Soldato
lol so much not explained, even how item levelling works, how badguy levels work
Why i can run in with a sledgehammer and batter everyone to 'death' or unconscious, as I believe the case it, but there is no discernible difference between the two states.
Its much handier than trying to shoot anyone, batter, batter, batter a bit more, everyone done.

Dead gives more rewards.

For missions where you are encouraged to not kill the target you can knock them out, collect reward, then after mission success you go back and shoot them in the head or quick attack them for more credits and street rep.

Soldato
Also the fact no one seems to 'own' anything, you can loot money right in front of a non-interactable shop keeper.
It ruins any concept of immersion.
Such a potential wasted.

The "ownership" only applies to badges required to enter certain areas, lifts, etc. Is a system they had in The Witcher (there almost no one complained :p). I think only guards came after you if you'd stolen something from their yard/proximity. Like in other aspects, they just cut corners.

Funny the patch asked me 45GB of space free on the partition where the game was installed (this gets more laughable every day). But at least it brought a solid increase in minimum FPS and the CPU (2600x), goes to around 80%+ (i think for short periods of times even 90%). I know they're in bed with nVIDIA, but how such thing was missed in testing ... just wow.

I'm wondering how those pedestrian from Cyberpunk find the free time to just walk on the street. On one of the shards or at radio, there was a commercial about corporate advantages and one of them said something like: at us, you work only 80hrs a week and have 5 days a year free!
So again, where the free time to be all on the street since others would put to work the average Joe even more? When to go in bars, strip/BD clubs and so on... :))

Soldato
I was getting my rig ready and prepped for playing Cyberpunk during the holidays.

Ive never seen such divided opinion on this game.

This just popped up on my youtube page:

Is a lot of this true? If so, it does seem a little "lazy" by the developers?

For a 49.99 game... well, you know...

I just loaded GTA5 just to test out on my new rig and Im amazed how well it looks 7 years on.
So would i be better off playing GTA5 instead of cyberpunk ? :confused:
I already own GTV5 on the PS4 + Xbox one X + PC but i have never played it :o

Soldato
Anyone running this on a gaming laptop? I'm tempted to try it on my HP Omen (specs below):-
  • Intel® Core™ i7-10750H Processor
  • RAM: 16 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD & 512 GB SSD
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB

Man of Honour
Umbrellas have been de-invented just like de-spawning vehicles in Night City!

RainBrella.gif

Guy

Guy

Associate
Has one of the patches released caused the cost of items to go up and the technical requirements been raised for terminals and getting into cars? I'm pretty sure when I played pre-patch it wasn't so harsh...

Soldato
So would i be better off playing GTA5 instead of cyberpunk ? :confused:
I already own GTV5 on the PS4 + Xbox one X + PC but i have never played it :o
If you want to shoot the tyres then yes :D
I'm pretty sure someone could do a video comparing all the things in Cyberpunk to GTA V which are better.
GTA V is a great game but Cyberpunk is a different type of game. It's more like a Deus Ex, System shock, GTA V hyrid. Graphics wise, its years ahead of GTA V... it should be, it is years ahead!

GTA V, Cyberpunk night screenshots
For me it's the huge variance in colour and lighting that brings Cyberpunk to life

wn470ZG.png

zl4qa7I.jpg

PSzUGYi.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
If you want to shoot the tyres then yes :D
I'm pretty sure someone could do a video comparing all the things in Cyberpunk to GTA V which are better.
GTA V is a great game but Cyberpunk is a different type of game. It's more like a Deus Ex, System shock, GTA V hyrid. Graphics wise, its years ahead of GTA V... it should be, it is years ahead!

GTA V, Cyberpunk night screenshot
For me it's the huge variance in colour and lighting that brings Cyberpunk to life

wn470ZG.png

zl4qa7I.jpg
Remove ray tracing and cyberpunk lacks basic details that have been in games for 20 odd years.
The Lod distances are pathetic unless you are short sighted or smudge the backgrounds

Back
Top Bottom