ASUS CASH BACK - beware it is a CON

Associate
The idea behind cashback, and other similar schemes, is to make it harder for customers to compare prices.

Thx. So it is a scam to a degree.
For me it is totally unappealing process.
For me my time is more valuable than all the bolox that comes with cash back.

Associate
Okay, it doesn't help you but I had both an ASUS and MSI cashbacks pay out earlier this year. Like I say, means nothing to you...

Have you got an account at ASUS? I know there was an account that I checked the status of my cashback at the ASUS VIP Account site: https://account.asus.com

The previous cashback I had with ASUS two years ago had me on a site 'https://promotion.asus.com' but that doesn't seem to exist any longer. - Edit: Ooh, seems I was wrong as it does work to some extent.

Last edited:
Associate
I remember that in my account it definitely stated which promotion I had applied for but did not state anything beyond that. I'll try and fins you an old email and see what the address is because I contacted them on at least one occasion to ask after a month or two if there was any movement.

Soldato
Not a total con as some people do get the cash back a site where they had a Asus b450-a motherboard on offer in october @ £57 got paid on the 16th of Decemeber so not a total con.

Associate
A year ago I took advantage of the Asus cash back on the RX 5700 graphics card. The terms back then stated an expected 90 business days....that's the one to keep in mind...not 90 calendar days but business days.

Took a bit longer than they're 90 days but paid out as agreed.

Permabanned
A year ago I took advantage of the Asus cash back on the RX 5700 graphics card. The terms back then stated an expected 90 business days....that's the one to keep in mind...not 90 calendar days but business days.

Took a bit longer than they're 90 days but paid out as agreed.

So that's 4 and half months there abouts. So they they are doing is investing your money so they get a return to pay you and hopefully from investing they make a profit. Way to go Asus. :D

Soldato
If anyone is thinking of taking ASUS cashback offer and hoping for a bit of a saving. Don't. It is a complete CON. they DO NOT give cash back.

i have a qualified motherboard and got email stating that I have qualified on 14th Oct and also got the online tracker saying so too.

the email recieved on 14th also states payments will be made within 30 days. 30days gone and past nothing. so tried to see if there is an email address which you can contact - there isnt.

So i emailed asus UK customer services and got the following

"Customer Service Feedback
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you for contacting ASUS and raising your complaint with our complaint team.
Please reply to the email you received as we from customer support cannot see the status for this promotion.
Our apologies for the inconveniences caused to you."

then i email the email address that sent out the confirmation of the rebate and got the below:

"[email protected]
This is an automatic e-mail from a no-reply inbox.
Please note that this inbox is not monitored and your message will not be responded to."

basically it is a pie in the sky, and a complete con to lure people to buy their stuff. unless it is a good deal without the cash back, do not make your purchase decisions based on the cash-back!

I take it you have not logged a ticket with ASUS support as they use a ticketing system.
This is via an ASUS account. I always got a response when I used it.

Have you tried that ?

Soldato
OP
I take it you have not logged a ticket with ASUS support as they use a ticketing system.
This is via an ASUS account. I always got a response when I used it.

Have you tried that ?
Done that. That’s was the first thing I did. But the customer service asked me to reply to the email that sent out the confirmation. But that email account is an un-manned account so I went back to the customer support, which gave me another email to contact. Which happens to be one of the emails on this forum I found which I had already emailed and that email address asked me to get in touch with ASUS support in the local country which happens to be the email address I sent the ticket to.

so it is a nice circular loop of passing the buck...disgusting customer services tbh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom