• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I did my Trio queue (currently pos301) in excel and got a linear prediction of 30th of January taken from the start. But if I just took more recent data from November 6th I get a linear prediction of 2nd of March. Of course if I go the sage route and whack an exponential curve on there, then I'm looking at between 2nd of March 2022 and July 2022 depending on when you start.

Associate
why are founder edition cards so popular? they are 649 rrp yet ppl are buying them for 1200+ they can get 2 cards for that money

So why are the founder edition so desirable?

Only idiots would pay that when if lucky you can get one when they drop like I did.

I also think a lot are looking at them to use a waterblock with, they are also smaller than AIB's and a lot like the look.

Associate
Only idiots would pay that when if lucky you can get one when they drop like I did.

I also think a lot are looking at them to use a waterblock with, they are also smaller than AIB's and a lot like the look.

Big bonus is they are still at RRP unlike all other cards, unless your an idiot or absolutely must have it now and get scalped.

Associate
Quick question here after skimming a fair few pages of this - are all these wait times etc for the initial batches sold? Or have there been drops here that have been available for people to purchase to get in the line. I havent really looked into it since day dot, and just wondering what the situation is. Obv it seems like theres still a large backlog, but wondering if this is just the original one, or a growing one.

EDIT: Have come across the updates thread but just not sure that effectively is a 'Covering existing' or a few pieces to try and buy type of update

Thanks

Associate
As everyone was sharing graphs, ill leave this here:

Capture.png

Associate
Quick question here after skimming a fair few pages of this - are all these wait times etc for the initial batches sold? Or have there been drops here that have been available for people to purchase to get in the line. I havent really looked into it since day dot, and just wondering what the situation is. Obv it seems like theres still a large backlog, but wondering if this is just the original one, or a growing one.

EDIT: Have come across the updates thread but just not sure that effectively is a 'Covering existing' or a few pieces to try and buy type of update

Thanks
most people in the backlog bought on release day.

Associate

Thanks

Queues are from original release date 17 Sept and from the few weeks they kept Backorders open, unlike all other retailers which closed sales within a day or two of launch.

Some retailers are releasing some now and again when stock built but they last seconds and are generally overpriced.

Associate
Just tried calling OC, I was on hold for an hour then the line just dropped, this is getting beyond a joke. Trying to find the best way forward as MSI do not seem to be shipping the 3080 Ventus. I am in position 15, having ordered an hour or so after launch (145 in queue), but the queue only seems to be going down when people cancel.

Associate
Just tried calling OC, I was on hold for an hour then the line just dropped, this is getting beyond a joke. Trying to find the best way forward as MSI do not seem to be shipping the 3080 Ventus. I am in position 15, having ordered an hour or so after launch (145 in queue), but the queue only seems to be going down when people cancel.

I'm not saying probably Scrooge McDuck-ing it, but probably swimming though those golden coins. I would if I could.

Associate
So, nothing now really until after January the 10th by OC's recent post.

Hope for everyones' sake we get our cards soon after.

It depends, I read that post as, "if it hasn't already shipped then that's most likely it until Jan 10th" So if it's already shipped e.g with an incoming delivery I'd have thought there's still a chance, however slim it may be of getting it before Jan 10th. I think Gibbo's off but I think OCUK are still open, I'm not sure though. I'd have thought he'd have said we (OCUK) are done for Christmas rather than just himself if that was the case.

Back
Top Bottom