• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hey Guys, this has probably been answered previously however there's a lot of pages so please excuse me.

I've just purchased a Build to Order machine towards the end of last week, and that machine comes with the Gigabyte RTX 3080 GPU, when I placed the order the green light was on to say it was in stock.
And from what i've gathered from this thread it seems most people are just waiting for the Card rather than a system. So can I ask whether I should be actively looking to this thread for updates on when I can expect the build, or will I receive updates via email?

I have no problem with waiting however I'm just trying to get an idea for whether it will be a matter of weeks or months for my system to arrive (I know only customer service can answer that for me though and they are also unsure)

Can I also ask, if there's anyone here waiting for their system to arrive could you let me know how long you have been waiting? This way atleast i can try to calculate roughly where OCUK are with their backlog of builds ect.

Sorry if this post isn't in the relevant thread, but its the most suitable I could find.

Have a merry christmas everyone and stay safe!

PS: Thank you OCUK for all your hard work, Christmas can be tough and pandemic and political issues causing delay must be making your jobs a stressful nightmare right now so I hope you enjoy your break over the holiday period!

Associate
Quick question here after skimming a fair few pages of this - are all these wait times etc for the initial batches sold? Or have there been drops here that have been available for people to purchase to get in the line. I havent really looked into it since day dot, and just wondering what the situation is. Obv it seems like theres still a large backlog, but wondering if this is just the original one, or a growing one.

EDIT: Have come across the updates thread but just not sure that effectively is a 'Covering existing' or a few pieces to try and buy type of update

Thanks

Hi,

The ordering queues were still open for a few weeks after the launch day. I think I ordered the MSI trio 3080 around Oct 10th.

Associate
Quick question here after skimming a fair few pages of this - are all these wait times etc for the initial batches sold? Or have there been drops here that have been available for people to purchase to get in the line. I havent really looked into it since day dot, and just wondering what the situation is. Obv it seems like theres still a large backlog, but wondering if this is just the original one, or a growing one.

EDIT: Have come across the updates thread but just not sure that effectively is a 'Covering existing' or a few pieces to try and buy type of update

Thanks

I ordered my 3080 on launch day as soon as the site started to respond (17th Sept 3.19pm), still don't have the Ventus card.

Associate
The further i go down this rabbithole the more confused I get.the Mrs is sick of me talking about gpu's so I'm going to have to annoy you chaps with my head scratcher.last queue update i was 18 for auros master,10 were due and then there was talk of 6,I've had no queue update yet but now there's further talk of 5.so,I don't know if the 6 has become the 5 or if thats a total of 21 and meats back on the menu boys

Associate
OK guys, I am selling myself into slavery for a week(?) in exchange for a 3080. If your anesthetic is genuine, you may also cut me open and take any organs I have in duplicate for a nice 3080 OC card. I will be your workhorse and performing monkey - whatever you like as long as its non sexual - and am willing to be used for target practise, weapons testing, medical experiments or as a general punch bag to help you take out your covid anger. The only thing I need in working order upon my release are arms and eyeballs so I can do some gaming when my slavery ends. Who can help me secure a 3080 card?

Soldato
I think they said that they won't consider queues until all backorders are cleared - even then I'd imagine that they might not bring them back, at least not for high in demand items. The drop them in batches approach of a certain other retailer (who has a basket queue system), seems to be easiest and probably most profitable approach.

Yeah the drops suck. Other than for the lucky minority, its a frustrating experience. You start to accept larger and larger costs just to get out of it, and will likely end up spending £900+. Which I nearly did only to get beat by the basket race. I managed to bag a 3070fe on Friday afternoon, after 2 months of chasing notifications and F5'ing, and even buying 3 times from 3 different major uk retailer's, only to later have them cancelled. I'd sit for days with nothing, only to take a break or just turn away at the wrong time, and the drops happened....like Friday morning!

Anyway, I didn't want a 3070, but it will keep me lit until my trio arrives and then my wife can have it. In the end it means I get a 3070 and a 3080 at msrp - which is a win in my book.

I hope ocuk dont change to such a nonsense system, been able to order and queue up is far superior, I dont have time to sit refreshing 24/7.

I would rather order once, wait 6 months, than refresh like a robot and maybe get in 3 months.

Dropping in batches for in stock orders only is probably the worst approach and I dont understand why retailers keep persisting with it. So please Gibbo dont do that and keep the backorder system open.

Associate
OK guys, I am selling myself into slavery for a week(?) in exchange for a 3080. If your anesthetic is genuine, you may also cut me open and take any organs I have in duplicate for a nice 3080 OC card. I will be your workhorse and performing monkey - whatever you like as long as its non sexual - and am willing to be used for target practise, weapons testing, medical experiments or as a general punch bag to help you take out your covid anger. The only thing I need in working order upon my release are arms and eyeballs so I can do some gaming when my slavery ends. Who can help me secure a 3080 card?

Haha your post! Brilliant, my advice is to add two groups to your discord and Twitter, follow the instructions on their discord for notifications, they are CrtlAltStock and StockInformer. I've got lots of notifications for all stuff the last week. I can't and won't cite any competitors as it's against the rules.

Also I did struggle getting the link for CrtlAltStock's discord but goodie and Twitter is your friend. Good luck with the guinea pig testing lol :p

Associate
I hope ocuk dont change to such a nonsense system, been able to order and queue up is far superior, I dont have time to sit refreshing 24/7.

I would rather order once, wait 6 months, than refresh like a robot and maybe get in 3 months.

Dropping in batches for in stock orders only is probably the worst approach and I dont understand why retailers keep persisting with it. So please Gibbo dont do that and keep the backorder system open.
I second this. The random 3AM stock drops I've seen some retailers do is ridiculously anti-consumer for all but the most hardcore.

Associate
i hope your joking lol

Associate
made me laugh! it's getting that way! :p

Back
Top Bottom