*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Depends per scene. As example

RTX off (1st pic) vs on (2nd pic)

The shadows, ambient occlusion and lighting in general is more true to life than the normal rasterization. Plus of course, the reflections.
It's the difference in stills like this between looking at a tiny thumbnail and knowing it's a game instantly and actually having to get up close and stare at it for it to become obvious

Associate
Depends per scene. As example

RTX off (1st pic) vs on (2nd pic)

The shadows, ambient occlusion and lighting in general is more true to life than the normal rasterization. Plus of course, the reflections.

The artists obviously made no effort here, they could have done better. Is this just a random location or is somewhere in the game that matters in relation to the main or side stories?

But yeah, it looks more accurate there.

Associate
Talking about whether you really notice ray tracing is in 2020 is like really noticing AA during playing Half Life 2 back in the day.

Only when you stop and stare do you notice it.

When you are involved with the game you don't even care about every pixel, rasturised or ray traced.

Soldato
It's the difference in stills like this between looking at a tiny thumbnail and knowing it's a game instantly and actually having to get up close and stare at it for it to become obvious

lol what? I mean I agree the RTX one looks better but both of them are hyper-obviously stills from a game, what are you smoking?

Soldato
Finding main quest line interesting.

I am enjoying it but I have few issues this is judging up to stage of act two mission 2.

Most of cars are just crap, buying them is pointless.

Some of the side missions I have really enjoyed as of the gig type but there mostly still too samey.

Am already bored of blue type map missions (police encounter ones)

Am gonna keep playing but think am focusing on main missions only now

Soldato
I'm currently downloading Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl for £5 off GOG ( Steam £10 ... pftt ) and I am guessing my nvidia 970 card will be ok with it.

I'll be getting Cyberpunk 2077 actually in the year it is set at this rate ... ;)

This has to be the worst big title release in living memory, people shouldn't be stating how lucky they were not having crashed to desktop. Never mind the faulty save files, and just the crap in game bugs.

Rockstar has an initial rocky patch with RDR2, as we all know, but they got on top of that fairly quickly, lets see if this software house can do the same.

No man's sky.

Associate
Favourite bugs:
The possessed delivery drop point outside V's apartment: UI says 'devilery'.
Evelyn Parker's script for the meeting in Lizzie's Bar, which apparently went to the voice actor without checking: 'Huscle' (I think they meant 'muscle'.
Jackie walking thought a set of elevator doors before they open

Associate
Favourite bugs:
The possessed delivery drop point outside V's apartment: UI says 'devilery'.
Evelyn Parker's script for the meeting in Lizzie's Bar, which apparently went to the voice actor without checking: 'Huscle' (I think they meant 'muscle'.
Jackie walking thought a set of elevator doors before they open

Huscle is Night City slang (Hired Muscle).

Man of Honour
Huscle is Night City slang (Hired Muscle).

Dialogue is one of the things that pulls me right out of the game - unlike something like Deus Ex you can't really choose what closest matches what you would say and often forced to pick a specific dialogue option to progress eventually - makes you feel more like a spectator than involved in the process.

Permabanned
I haven't played this (nor do I intend to any time soon) but out of all the negatives I've seen, I can't get over how the Police just instantly spawn around you the moment you commit a crime.

I complained about this back in one of the earlier GTA games...The fact that it's back in a mega AAA game over a decade later is nothing short of insulting.

Pff

Back
Top Bottom