• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

Associate
Must have been at 1080p with a 3080 to see double the fps from a CPU change.

It's a number better represented as a % because you can definitely get 20 FPS in a competitive game where they're pushing max FPS, as opposed to a standard adventure game that aims for quality.

Associate
Some really useful info in this thread already.

I'm no expert on this but used the information on he previous page to check my setup is running in line with the screenshots posted.

I ran cpuz to stress the cpu and looked at Ryzen master.

I did one test with PBO set to motherboard as advised on previous page and one with it on auto.

On auto the cores boost to a peak of about 4.4 and the temp is around 70 (stock cooler)
PBO to motherboard boots them to about 4.5 (it did hit 4.6 though on occasions but the temps went up to over 80.

I'm not sure those couple of 100mhz is worth the additional temps but it does seem the standard setup boosting to 4.4 is about right though yeah?

Soldato
I'm not sure those couple of 100mhz is worth the additional temps but it does seem the standard setup boosting to 4.4 is about right though yeah?

Well compared to what I was hitting 4.4 is pretty impressive! The additional boost is only worth it for benchmarking. In games etc it’s probably negligible and not worth the extra heat etc.

Soldato
PBO clearly does a terrible job on the 5800X of all core OC
This is with 1.2375V set in BIOS on 4.7Ghz

PBO will only boost all core to 4.5Ghz max, with higher voltage and temps

uQRRthn.png

Soldato
Woo-Hoo!!

Finally had my shipping email. Didn't think I'd get it in this batch!

Been mulling over an AIO to replace my NH-D15 which is just so massive, but good! I'd best get my mind made up :)

I can do this when I rebuild, probably the weekend before I get the time. Will be completely stock mind, apart from XMP.

I have corsair 240 AIO on my 5600X and it's still hot! Might be better sticking with the Noctua!

Soldato
I went with a Freezer II 360, fitted and working well. Highest temp I've seen so far is 76c.
Do you have a 5800X?
Overclocked or PBO auto (default)

If so, would you be able to test AIDA64 stability test and see what the max temp is please?

I have a Noctua U14 S and idle around 30c. Max temps i’ll run AIDA64 stability test now with PBO on auto (defaults)

Last edited:
Associate
Do you have a 5800X?
Overclocked or PBO auto (default)

If so, would you be able to test AIDA64 stability test and see what the max temp is please?

I have a Noctua U14 S and idle around 30c. Max temps i’ll run AIDA64 stability test now with all cores running 4.7Ghz

Sorry to jump on in. My 5800x is Auto PBO and max load it gets around 79c, my question if I may kind sir is what voltage did you start at and what are you now testing at? I'm feeling 4.7 and a decent long term voltage will he key for lower temps with a NH-D15 :)

Soldato
Sorry to jump on in. My 5800x is Auto PBO and max load it gets around 79c, my question if I may kind sir is what voltage did you start at and what are you now testing at? I'm feeling 4.7 and a decent long term voltage will he key for lower temps with a NH-D15 :)

Is that with AIDA64, R20 or something else stability testing?

I was 10 runs R20 stable (max 76c) but unstable for AIDA64 at 4.7ghz all core after about 2 mins.

All core in r23, r20, cod mw & cyberpunk stable at 1.2375V in bios (1.225v with droop) gaming max temp at 4.7ghz 1.2375V bios was 57c

AIDA64 PBO auto is 86c max so far, all cores levelling out at around 4.5Ghz

In short, AIDA64 stability test kicks the crap out of the CPU, maybe an unrealistic test (stress cpu, stress fpu, stress cache)

edit - up to 88c in AIDA64 on PBO auto (default) that’s very close to the 90c rated tdp on an AMD recommended cooler

Last edited:
Soldato
Is that with AIDA64, R20 or something else stability testing?

I was 10 runs R20 stable (max 76c) but unstable for AIDA64 at 4.7ghz all core after about 2 mins.

All core in r23, r20, cod mw & cyberpunk stable at 1.2375V in bios (1.225v with droop) gaming max temp at 4.7ghz 1.2375V bios was 57c

AIDA64 PBO auto is 86c max so far, all cores levelling out at around 4.5Ghz

In short, AIDA64 stability test kicks the crap out of the CPU, maybe an unrealistic test (stress cpu, stress fpu, stress cache)

edit - up to 88c in AIDA64 on PBO auto (default) that’s very close to the 90c rated tdp on an AMD recommended cooler
I'm getting an all core boost up to 4.75 in AIDA with temps topping out at 77.5c on a wraith prism.

Screenshot-51.png

Edit forgot to enable the fpu but same temps.

Screenshot-52.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting an all core boost up to 4.75 in AIDA with temps topping out at 77.5c on a wraith prism.

Screenshot-51.png

Edit forgot to enable the fpu but same temps.

Screenshot-52.png
Thanks.
This doesnt make much sense to me.
The wraith prism is (on paper anyway) not as good as the noctua u14, yet temps are 10c cooler and boost clocks 300mhz higher...
Unless you live in a freezer and have incredible case cooling too.
I have no intake fans but the case door (side) is off and room is about 18c

Last edited:
Associate
I got my 5800X last week, getting cpu temps ranging from 35c idle to 72-75c at peak with an all-core boost of 4.8. I'm using the Artic Liquid Freezer II AIO 360 as an intake with an extra intake fan at the bottom of the case and exhaust at the top and rear. My system is fairly silent as well with the case fans rarely ever getting above 50% and my system temps rarely getting above 50c.

Have to say I'm pretty happy with that having come from an i7 7700k that ran at around 85c peak and idle at 45c-50c.

Soldato
Thanks.
This doesnt make much sense to me.
The wraith prism is (on paper anyway) not as good as the noctua u14, yet temps are 10c cooler and boost clocks 300mhz higher...
Unless you live in a freezer and have incredible case cooling too.
I have no intake fans but the case door (side) is off and room is about 18c
I'm using the silverstone RL06 case which according to gamers nexus gives the best CPU thermals also using the curve optimizer -20 and custom PPT TDC EDC settings.

From what I've seen though direct contact heatpipe coolers seem to work very well with these CPUs as the bottleneck seems to be at the baseplate and not the size of the cooler.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm using the silverstone RL06 case which according to gamers nexus gives the best CPU thermals also using the curve optimizer -20 and custom PPT TDC EDC settings.

From what I've seen though direct contact heatpipe coolers seem to work very well with these CPUs as the bottleneck seems to be at the baseplate and not the size of the cooler.
-20 on best cores or all and what custom PPT, TDC and EDC settings?
I expect these instead of PBO defaults will have some impact on temps.

As far as im aware, Noctua coolers (all modern HSF coolers) are direct contact heatpiper coolers. Where the heatpipes run through the baseplate

Soldato
-20 on best cores or all and what custom PPT, TDC and EDC settings?
I expect these instead of PBO defaults will have some impact on temps.

As far as im aware, Noctua coolers (all modern HSF coolers) are direct contact heatpiper coolers. Where the heatpipes run through the baseplate
-20 on all cores with 125PPT 88TDC 125EDC as I found not only improved my R20 score but also lowered temps by nearly 10c.

Back
Top Bottom