Are you working over Christmas?

Soldato
off now till the 4th though may well get the odd packied call or support ticket come through.

I always work Christmas to give my colleagues with kids the chance to spend the time with them. The holiday isn't special to me in any way shape or form other than a proper good dinner.
i hope your colleagues genuinely appreciate you for doing this for them?

Pet Northerner
Don
I always work Christmas to give my colleagues with kids the chance to spend the time with them. The holiday isn't special to me in any way shape or form other than a proper good dinner.

me and my OH are the same, our teams have parents with kids at the age where Christmas is most special and we have cats haha

Associate
I am normally on call for a few day over the christmas perios, but this year is my first year off in a long time. I was in work today and it was dead, I spent the last 5 hours listening to music and browsing the web, as nearly everyone (apart from a small team in producton) are off now until the new year. I am hoping that someone does not have a senior moment and breaks a PC or laptop tomorrow or Wednesday.

Associate
Last day of work was the 8th December I had a load of holiday to take so not back until the 4th Jan. but I think working 9 months straight all from home I needed a break.... to spend it stuck in my house :p

NHS admin here. Got Christmas Day off, then Boxing Day is a roll-over day next Monday, so got that off plus NYD. So standard fare really. I have also booked the 4th Jan off. Some entire departments however, e.g. Payroll buggers off for a fortnight!

Associate
Finish on the 23rd, in on the 30th for one day, back in on the 4th. Don't think that's too bad. Although I've had 6 months off this year already so really don't feel like I need much of a break!

Soldato
I finished on Friday - back in the 4th :cool:

Spent today watching my son play football - beating Wolves Academy U9’s 6-1 :) He got a hat-trick.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sadly yes. I will be working half a day on Boxing Day and half a day on New Years day. Extremely annoyingly I won't even get paid for it as it's expected each year that we cover it. I will get time off in lieu but that's all (ie one day back). It's pretty crap really and I think I'm going to refuse next year.

No time off for me apart from Christmas day.

Man of Honour
Not this year :D
Finish on the 23rd and back in on the 30th longest Christmas I've had off since I started my "career" jobs nearly 13 years ago.

Soldato
Finished 18th Dec, back 4 Jan.

Same as most years unless deployed out of the country over that period.

I guess i should count myself lucky as for many years my Mrs worked retail, where i got 2 - 3 weeks off, she got Xmas and Boxing Day and was back into work!!

Back
Top Bottom