*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
On regards to the crafting / save corruption. I wonder if ps5 is unaffected? For some reason on the ps5 the gfs saves all read as 12.2mb

Even backed them up to usb so I could check the true size on the pc but it reads the same.

My pc save is sitting at about 5.8mb

Man of Honour
If they can't fix it easily they need to get out some kind of save game editor ASAP so at least people can hopefully trim them back to working saves - mine is around 4+MB already and I've only played 19 hours.

Man of Honour
RTX on vs off in realistic areas that you often walk through, the difference is more minimal than select samples often picked out in video comparisons on YT etc. As mentioned before, you rarely stop to notice areas under benches, r the shadow cast on the dark side of a bin or box on the ground etc. Those areas where RTX shadows/light a visibly different the most are areas you don't often walk through the most.

Water is really the only major area where the difference is worth it but also the biggest framerate impact too.

Can you guess which one of each is RTX on and off?

20201222034709_1.jpg

20201222034700_1.jpg

20201222034653_1.jpg

20201222034645_1.jpg

20201222015800_1.jpg

20201222015752_1.jpg

20201222015552_1.jpg

20201222015527_1.jpg

Soldato
On regards to the crafting / save corruption. I wonder if ps5 is unaffected? For some reason on the ps5 the gfs saves all read as 12.2mb

Even backed them up to usb so I could check the true size on the pc but it reads the same.

My pc save is sitting at about 5.8mb
I read somewhere you have to dig into the file, not sure how but 12mb translated to like 5mb for him. Every platform is affected by the 8mb limit.

Man of Honour
RTX on vs off in realistic areas that you often walk through, the difference is more minimal than select samples often picked out in video comparisons on YT etc. As mentioned before, you rarely stop to notice areas under benches, r the shadow cast on the dark side of a bin or box on the ground etc. Those areas where RTX shadows/light a visibly different the most are areas you don't often walk through the most.

Water is really the only major area where the difference is worth it but also the biggest framerate impact too.

Annoyingly the performance hit with ultra settings + RT on is higher than if they path traced the whole game, at a moderate ray count, instead of using any traditional techniques - though would still have some specular noise that might be less than ideal.

The main difference I notice is where screen space reflections fall apart and/or aren't accurate versus where they've used ray traced ones for those circumstances - there is some slight use of ray tracing to scatter light but it is fairly subtle. Overall pretty meh use of ray tracing.

Man of Honour
Yeah difference in water is quite big - can also see a fair bit of difference in the depth of lighting on some of the buildings, etc. here between ray tracing on and off.

HnIvi8j.jpg

bRtzxAP.jpg

Weird how much variation there is visual quality wise as well:

tZXooTK.jpg

Some bits aren't even close to that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried tweaking my gpu settings (clocks, voltages) last night and managed to get it to not crash for a couple of hours. Not saying it fixed my crashes, but perhaps it's very sensitive - hence why folks above saying RTX stops it crashing? (I haven't tried turning RTX off yet to see what happens).

Soldato
I fear they've spent a great length of timing making an RTX showcase for nVidia, and forgot to spend equal amounts of time on the game and actual immersion in a beautiful looking world.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I tried tweaking my gpu settings (clocks, voltages) last night and managed to get it to not crash for a couple of hours. Not saying it fixed my crashes, but perhaps it's very sensitive - hence why folks above saying RTX stops it crashing? (I haven't tried turning RTX off yet to see what happens).

Turning off overclocks should be your first port of call if crashing tbh

Caporegime

20201222034709_1.jpg

20201222034700_1.jpg

20201222034653_1.jpg

20201222034645_1.jpg

20201222015800_1.jpg

20201222015752_1.jpg

20201222015552_1.jpg

20201222015527_1.jpg

Biggest advantage of RTX is that it gets rid of the specular noise/grain on reflections/textures.

But again, other games have done reflections etc. all far better and without the need for RTX i.e. batman arkham knight, shadow of the tomb raider and HZD reflections are actually really good.

It really is a case of when any game developers add in nvidia effects, they then do a half assed approach with the built in engine effects.....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah water is definitely where RTX makes the biggest visual difference^^ Personally though I don't find myself noticing global illumination bits etc as am too busy looking at the world as a whole or exploring etc :o

I actually dropped res yesterday to try playing a few hours with RTX on (Psycho SSR and Psycho RT Lighting) and this was what my performance was like with RTX On (left) and off (right) at 2560x1080 custom optimised settings of high/med/ultra:

Perf_1080p_RTX_onoff.jpg

The funny thing is that when driving in the city regardless of population density or traffic, the frames drops quite a bit but soon as you get out the acr and walk around somewhere else it's back up again which kind of points to optimisation issues during motion/physics segments?

I am unsure if I want to continue playing with the above settings or go back to 3440x1440 RTX off. I like both, RTX on looks nicer with water involved. bt means I'm rolling with 2560x1080 and as such a lower source image for AI to work with on DLSS, whereas 3440x1440 is sharper still and uses a higher res source image. In practice during gameplay I'm hard pressed to notice a difference as both look great, it's only in screenshots that you notice one is obviously a smaller res. I think what has helped increase 8-10 fps though is the higher GFX overclock I made last night. I have been since day 1 just relying on the auto scanned core clock OC taking it to around 1930MHz from the factory OC of 1815, but it seems this card has a lot of room to give and uses the 2080Ti VRAM chips so essentially a 1GHZ OC on the VRAM is possible too but I've dropped to 900MHz as a safety catch.

Lastly, the bug I mentioned yesterday where all my perks de-applied themselves? I must have bought this as the RD at some point and not realised:

Oops.jpg

Oops :D

Soldato
I'm glad that I have held off purchasing the game for now considering all the various bugs and issues. I will wait until it's in the sale and get it then. Hopefully by then a lot of the issues will have been ironed out.

Back
Top Bottom