• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Queue Position 1, 5600X

Associate
Thinking of finally moving on from the 6700k Cyberpunk is hitting 80-90% at 4K. Also with the new consoles its time I think.

Would this be a good shout when I can get one? 4K gaming only.

I know the IPC is higher than the 10600k just has two cores less. My only concern is 6 core chip vs 8 core chip in the consoles. I assume this stupid of me to think this way haha as these are newer and more efficient?

Would I be able to keep my RAM or would it need to be faster? I keep seeing things about Ryzen needing fast ram. The last AMD I had was a 6 core Phenom 2.

Associate
I know the IPC is higher than the 10600k just has two cores less. My only concern is 6 core chip vs 8 core chip in the consoles. I assume this stupid of me to think this way haha as these are newer and more efficient?

Would I be able to keep my RAM or would it need to be faster? I keep seeing things about Ryzen needing fast ram. The last AMD I had was a 6 core Phenom 2.
I think it would be a nice upgrade on your 6700k. Don't worry about it only having 6 cores vs the consoles 8, they are faster and like you say more efficient.

What speed is your RAM? Ideally you want DDR4 3200 or preferably 3600MHz C16, though this is expensive.

Associate
I think it would be a nice upgrade on your 6700k. Don't worry about it only having 6 cores vs the consoles 8, they are faster and like you say more efficient.

What speed is your RAM? Ideally you want DDR4 3200 or preferably 3600MHz C16, though this is expensive.

CPU-Z says 1333 so that's 2666mhz I think? I was always under the impression fast RAM did not really make a difference. Does it actually make a real-world difference on Ryzen then and not just in synthetic benchmarks?

Associate
CPU-Z says 1333 so that's 2666mhz I think? I was always under the impression fast RAM did not really make a difference. Does it actually make a real-world difference on Ryzen then and not just in synthetic benchmarks?
There is a difference yes, faster ram will get you better FPS in the games you play.
Having said that, it will make less of a difference the higher the resolution you play at.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom