• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5600x temps under water?

Associate
hi all

my system
5600x with barrow am4 block
tuf 3080 with ekwb waterblock
tuf 550 mb
60mm 360mm corsair radiator and blackice 240mm radiator,noctua fans 50%

so i have a 5600x all cores to 4.65ghz,voltage peaks at 1.32v when stress testing using the furmark cpu burner tester and im seeing temps of max 72c..is this ok?

this is without gpu under load,with gpu under load temps go upto 78c on cpu and gpu is 38c under load.

coming from an intel 8600k@5ghz which ran max 52c stress testing just a little worried?

could it be the cheap barrow waterblock or do the 5600x run that warm?

cheers

Soldato
Those temps are perfect, in fact they are actually very good with all cores at 4.65 and those volts.

Preferably keep it under 85, but I would start to worry until 90 odd. In the 70’s that’s well within their operating window.

Soldato
hi all

my system
5600x with barrow am4 block
tuf 3080 with ekwb waterblock
tuf 550 mb
60mm 360mm corsair radiator and blackice 240mm radiator,noctua fans 50%

so i have a 5600x all cores to 4.65ghz,voltage peaks at 1.32v when stress testing using the furmark cpu burner tester and im seeing temps of max 72c..is this ok?

this is without gpu under load,with gpu under load temps go upto 78c on cpu and gpu is 38c under load.

coming from an intel 8600k@5ghz which ran max 52c stress testing just a little worried?

could it be the cheap barrow waterblock or do the 5600x run that warm?

cheers

Im running a 5900X with an all core overclock of 4.7ghz, 1.35v and its hitting 88oC with an EK Magnitude block, its not throttling, so im not worried, remember, its only hitting these temps whilst you're stress testing, the tests im running are AVX tests, ASUS Real bench, IBT AVX, Cinebench etc, you're never going to hit those temps again with everyday things you do including gaming.

Associate
OP
hi
ok many thanks,mind eased :)

i can do 4.85ghz at 1.35 but i then hit over 80 stress testing and around 70 in gaming so i will leave it at that cheers guys.

i ordered the TechN CPU block anyways today so when that arrives be an interesting test how it stands upto this £35 block

Soldato
If you mess around with the Curve Optimizer which adjusts the voltages for the cores, you'll probably get lower temps.

I tried playing with it for my 5900X, at negative 15 across the board my system would constantly crash, same for neg 10, tried neg 5 where it worked but wasnt worth it, my chip wasnt going over 50oC in anything I did and it was still very limited boosting, in extremely heavy loads it would only boost to 4.1-4.2ghz, which is why I decided to go for an all core overclock, 4.7ghz all core, OK ive lost a tiny bit off single core performance, something like 200mhz, but ive gained 500-600mhz on multicore performance.

Im not sure if the curve optimizer thing is a bios issue, or to do with my chip, but she certainly overclocks well.

Soldato
If you mess around with the Curve Optimizer which adjusts the voltages for the cores, you'll probably get lower temps.
That’s correct, but a lot of people seem to have it backwards in setting your best core with the highest negative offset when it seems to be the other way round with your worst core needing the highest offset and best core the least

Back
Top Bottom