Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone used their PS5 for 4K Blurays?

Just wondering if it’s a half decent player before I start buying discs.

It’s OK. But it’s neither Dolby Vision or Atmos compatible from what I can make out which makes it not particularly attractive for playing films.

Associate
PS4 games will usually just work in the PS4 Pro mode on PS5 unless there has been a specific patch. For example I'm playing God of War which can either run 4k 30fps or 1080p 60fps unfortunately. They need to release a patch to allow 4k 60fps.
I've heard you can get God of war 4k/60 but you need to use the unpatched disc version. Must have been 30-40fps on the pro before they locked it to 30.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
It’s OK. But it’s neither Dolby Vision or Atmos compatible from what I can make out which makes it not particularly attractive for playing films.

Cheers for that. Wonder if that’s something that may change down the line with an update.

Not having used a 4K Blu-ray yet on my OLED I feel like I owe it to it. :p

Seen Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II for £30 so think I’m going to pick that up.

Soldato
Do you need to use the supplied stand in the vertical position ? because for me it seem's very stable without it on my desk.

I can see a line of venting holes but they don't seem blocked by not using it.

Soldato
Annoying thing I found out about the charging station is that you have to plug it into the wall and not the PS5.

Not a big deal for most but I could have done without another socket being taken up.

Associate
had a ps5 delivered on saturday from an online retailer and the disk drive got kackered after 4 days for no reason..it started making a horrible noise and i couldnt eject disks, so i had to use the manual screw under the cover to get the disk out but it still gave me problems...called playstation uk up and they said send just the unit back with no cables etc. and i will get a replacement unit. but im looking at at least 15 days with covid and christmas. it was sent with the pre paid label (royal mail 48h the only option they could give me!) to cycleon returns company who then ship it to playstation somewhere
In transit to us
Your product was dispatched to us on 17/12/2020
i will keep you updated on the return time.

package was delivered last night by royal mail to the returns centre. just need to wait for them to send it off to playstation..i will keep updating for you guys if anyone else is having issues with returning their console.

It has now been received by the service centre (don't know where) today and says will take 4-5 days to complete but I'm guessing that's for them to fix it or replace it, quicker and easier for them to just replace it at the moment I guess instead of finding a new disk drive, ll update again when it's dispatched, thanx

Associate
Also forgot to add, if this helps..I was running bless unleashed on a normal 1st gen PS4 with a upgraded internal Seagate hybrid hard disk drive and on the ps5 the game looked a lot crisper and ran a lot smoother and the loading times were greatly reduced and the game was the PS4 version there wasn't a ps5 version at the time, duno if there is yet though,
Edit. That was on the same monitor with hdmi port 1.4 1080p, think it was 60hz maybe 30hz can't remember

Caporegime

That's a shame, the PS3 was quite a reasonable Blu Ray player back in the day, was part of the justification in buying it IMO over the XBOX 360.

Soldato
I can imagine they'd have so much more business if they just had a 'deals' category at the top alongside Collections etc rather than having to hunt for the banner that seems to have a mind of it's own at times. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't within the same browsing session on the store.

Filtering is weird too. Ni No Kuni Remastered doesn't come up if you filter on prices including NNK's price range, but does if you have no filters. Stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom