Google Pixel 5

Associate
Having used this now for just under a week, absolutely loving it. Size and battery life is brilliant and no major performance issues from the processor.

Just sold my Note 20 Ultra SnapDragon on eBay, happy with this for now. Every time I went back to note I found myself coming back here and preferring the vanilla Android and cameras on the Pixel.

Associate
Mine was the SnapDragon version which may have put it in more demand.

Put a buy now on at £850 and someone purchased and paid instantly.

Pixel 5 battery life is immense, the note 20 Ultra was very good but this is crazy

Associate
I think I've decided against Samsung and am going to grab me a Pixel 5 to upgrade my 2xl. I really feel ready for a more slender phone.

Every time I picked up the Note 20 it felt really heavy and overlarge once I got used to the Pixel. First time I've been using a phone without a case, less likely to drop this.

Soldato
Mine was the SnapDragon version which may have put it in more demand.

Put a buy now on at £850 and someone purchased and paid instantly.

Pixel 5 battery life is immense, the note 20 Ultra was very good but this is crazy
Yeah mines not SD. I'll list it at £800 tonight and see what happens, works given me a S20+ so I don't need 3 phones.

Associate
Yeah mines not SD. I'll list it at £800 tonight and see what happens, works given me a S20+ so I don't need 3 phones.

S20+ is a cracking phone, I only sold mine because of overheating Exynos chip, it got so hot you had to turn it off.

This whole Pixel thing has made me realise I'm not spending 1k+ on phones anymore, sweet spot is 500 - 800 or you get the expensive phones in the sales. Samsung does 15% quite often

Last edited:
Associate
Having used this now for just under a week, absolutely loving it. Size and battery life is brilliant and no major performance issues from the processor.

Just sold my Note 20 Ultra SnapDragon on eBay, happy with this for now. Every time I went back to note I found myself coming back here and preferring the vanilla Android and cameras on the Pixel.

AAARGHHH how could you jump ship? NNOOOOO

Lol.

Just kidding.

This whole Pixel thing has made me realise I'm not spending 1k+ on phones anymore, sweet spot is 500 - 800 or you get the excellencies phones in the sales. Samsung does 15% quite often
Indeed.

I'm now used to the size and may go for the same size next year even if there is an xl version.

That means for me to get a perfect pixel is to sort the awful speakers, and remove/hide the front camera. Total waste of money and space that front camera is for me.

Soldato
Haha, wasn't planning to but I was getting frustrated with the camera, turned out the Pixel 5 is excellent and prefer the small size and pure Android, speakers are ***** though when on a call.
How bad are they? Can you still hear people or do you have to put on speaker?

Associate
How bad are they? Can you still hear people or do you have to put on speaker?

Listening to music etc not go loud sounds okay, for voice calls on speaker it's very tinny, apparently it's just to the speaker being in the display , everyone sounds like robots. I use headphones now

Associate
Just bought myself a Pixel 5. Looking forward to trying it. Probably quite timely as my 2 XL is starting to glitch out (and it’s my 3rd handset); if there’s one thing I’ll say about my 2XL experience, reliability wont be among them!

Associate
My pixel 5 back cracked earlier this month, right in front of the main camera. I didn't notice for a few days as it was a hairline crack so I just assumed my lens was dirty so I kept wiping it thinking as there was some small light flares in my photos but it wasn't too bad until I finally noticed the crack after the issue wouldn't disappear, but then dirt got into the crack a few days later and made it worse. No idea how it cracked, not sure if I had dropped it (I've always had a spigen rugged case on it) or if it was a manufacturing related issue.

I have phone insurance with my bank so paid the £50 excess to use it, they couldn't repair it and had no replacement pixel 5 to send me, so offered me either a pixel 4, samsung s10+ or £599.. took the cash, so not a bad deal especially as I still have the bose headphones. Just need to decide what to do next, pixel 5 had great battery life and was reliable, I was happy enough with it but seems abit dull to just buy the same phone again

Back
Top Bottom