• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
New stock ok 5600X on a competitor site at 299. It's still in stock after more than an hour
It also says Christmas offer. Does include a game code or something? It doesn't says. For the 3900XT on the same site you get thermal paste, mask, and Far Cry 6 code

Soldato
No ones gonna get them till after Christmas now anyway, may as well wait for Intel now lol. I'd laugh if the new Intel CPUs in new year beat them, and I like AMD. We need a good price war.

Soldato
I think £280 it should be, the US MSRP is $300. Not 100% on that.

To be fair, after I posted, I thought the same thing. I just did a quick Google and sure enough it should be £280.

Such a shame how OcUK have changed over the years - I have no reason to use them anymore sadly, as they're very often more expensive than their competitors :(

Associate
To be fair, after I posted, I thought the same thing. I just did a quick Google and sure enough it should be £280.

Such a shame how OcUK have changed over the years - I have no reason to use them anymore sadly, as they're very often more expensive than their competitors :(

Paying a premium of £20-£30 wouldn't be an issue for an amazing service. But when they lose in both service and price, it's bad.:rolleyes:

Associate
Short story remember that saying like waiting on a bus then all three turn up all at once.

Well, I received today the MSI Suprim X, the Nvidia FE and the Asus Strix. All 3090 variants which one would you keep cant make my mind up between the MSI Suprim or the Asus but the Asus is the 1725 Max boost clock whereas the MSI is the 1875 two got to go and I am not scalping as I bought for friends so I will end up with one which would you all vote on keeping the boys and their toys will be reunited tomorrow. Two cards were a lucky buy on e bay for almost RRP as I only paid £75 the other was a pre order which arrived early than anticipated.

Associate
I've had a bit of a Christmas shopping disaster. Trying to get hold of a 5600x for my old mans flight sim rig, in fear of not being able to get one in time bought in a 5800x. Sods law the next day I managed to get hold of a 5600x so have the 5800x spare. My rig has a 3900x and its looking at me asking me to fit it but I cant bare to lose those shiny cores in task manager!!! I fancied a 5900x for my rig, as mix of video work, audio work and gaming but this damn 5800x box is staring right at me shouting IPC, 1 CCX!!

Associate
I've had a bit of a Christmas shopping disaster. Trying to get hold of a 5600x for my old mans flight sim rig, in fear of not being able to get one in time bought in a 5800x. Sods law the next day I managed to get hold of a 5600x so have the 5800x spare. My rig has a 3900x and its looking at me asking me to fit it but I cant bare to lose those shiny cores in task manager!!! I fancied a 5900x for my rig, as mix of video work, audio work and gaming but this damn 5800x box is staring right at me shouting IPC, 1 CCX!!
Can't beat playing task manager. Classic game.

Associate
No ones gonna get them till after Christmas now anyway, may as well wait for Intel now lol. I'd laugh if the new Intel CPUs in new year beat them, and I like AMD. We need a good price war.

Yesterday i pulled the trigger for the 5600X from competitor at 311 pounds with shipping...
Received it today Before 12, i was sleeping lol :)

Associate
It's tempting to wait for the next thing, and I'd rather it was this much hassle to find stock if it was a new socket with DDR5 rather than EOL for AM4. So I think it's worth stretching for the 5900x as the 5600x will be more quickly overtaken by games and by Intel and the 5800x never made sense - yet it's the one with the most stock.

Although I bought an NR200P from OCUK, my M/B was on sale elsewhere, the SFX PSU came into stock elsewhere, and yesterday some 3600 CL16 came up for order - again elsewhere. So although it's understandable that - for years - this forum frowns on competitor talk it's ironic that OCUK isn't that competitive in price or availability and by now in 2020 everyone here knows what competitors are out there and what stock alert tools exist etc.

Associate
When he says it'll be in stock / sold next year, i keep thinking 'bloody hell that's a long way away', until I realise it's like a week... goodbye 2020

Soldato
Noticed bios is out for mobo so came in for a 5900 or 5950..............................ow, still not sorted 2 months after release lulz

Back
Top Bottom