**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just had a quick play around. To get it to run vaguely smoothly, needs pretty much everything on low or off. That's with a 9700, 2070S and 64GB ram. Being fair, still looked "ok", and the pleasure of being able to use VR is worth the trade off.

Soldato
Just had a quick play around. To get it to run vaguely smoothly, needs pretty much everything on low or off. That's with a 9700, 2070S and 64GB ram. Being fair, still looked "ok", and the pleasure of being able to use VR is worth the trade off.

You have a G2 right? What resolution scale are you using?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just tried it with a 3080 quite blurry and stuttery but a good start, but still needs some work

Agreed. As a starting point, it's actually better than I expected. For all that, it's clearly going to require both a significant improvement in both hardware and optimisation to really get the best out of VR. It's almost amusing to have found a game that runs worse than DCS in VR.

Update. Had a quick fly around San Francisco, which really didn't look great with the settings that I've needed to use. As such, off to fly an F18 instead (in DCS that is).

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting 40fps, but can't get seating right, always to the right it seems, despite moving it about, also got like funny black boxes in top right that I can't get rid of :s

Soldato
Pretty sure there is some issue with the fuel system on the FBW32nx, however Dev version has just updated in last 40 mins, finishing the download and i'm gonna give it a go.

Soldato
I tried to get this going with my Quest 2, but as soon as I tried launching VR mode "your headset was disconnected" and steam VR would need restarting, at which point the game decides to crash

Associate
This thing ran like an absolute pig for me in VR - 5900x + 3090. Was averaging around 30 fps with everything on lowest settings I could manage. Given the quality of the pancake graphics I am gonna stick to that for the minute which is a bit of a shocker for me because I have not been back to 2d for any other game.

Soldato
This. Is. Amazing.

I've dropped to Medium preset and I've swapped texture filtering to FXAA. No idea what the FPS is, but it's playable. That's with a 5700 XT.

Not a pretty game at Medium. But I'm happy, given my card isn't the most spritely. The experience of flying in VR is incredible. So much of the plane's movement now makes sense to me in a way that it didn't on a flat monitor. I'm blown away (even if I do now want a 3080...).

Back
Top Bottom