Gigabyte AB-350 Gaming 3 - Bricked during BIOS update?

Associate
Just upgraded from a 1700 to a 3700X, so thought I would update the BIOS to the latest version from F8 that I was on.

Using the Q-Flash I went ahead and tried to update to F31 first before going for the latest. It all appeared to be going fine, however when it restarted it just got stuck on the splash screen, unable to enter BIOS, Q-Flash etc. I found out how to enter the secondary BIOS by holding reset then holding power for 10s and then releasing power then reset. Back online in the secondary F8 BIOS.

I then read a post mentioning to update chipset drivers first. OK maybe that was my error, so I did this, updating to the 3rd gen ryzen support driver and then the latest one as well. I also re-downloaded the F31 bios and saved to a different usb stick, in a different usb port, just in case. I rebooted just to see if the chipset drivers helped the main BIOS, but no luck. So back in to the secondary BIOS to try to update that one instead. Again all appeared to be going fine but on restart, stuck on boot splash screen, unable to enter BIOS, Q-Flash etc...

I've tried resetting CMOS multiple times throughout, but now it looks like both the main and secondary BIOS are corrupt?

Any ideas before I bin this motherboard and buy an X570 one?

Cheers!

Associate
OP
Is there anyway you can put the old bios back on

Not that have I found.

However I have just read someone else having an issue with their M.2 NVME SSD causing issues, and low and behold now I've removed that it's booted ok! Luckily that drive is a storage drive and my windows drive is still a SATA SSD, so now trying to update to the latest BIOS and check boot device priority...

Soldato
Not that have I found.

However I have just read someone else having an issue with their M.2 NVME SSD causing issues, and low and behold now I've removed that it's booted ok! Luckily that drive is a storage drive and my windows drive is still a SATA SSD, so now trying to update to the latest BIOS and check boot device priority...
Is that space monkey your on about and glad it's booted might have to format and reinstall the drive and then it might be ok

Back
Top Bottom