The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
FMP:IV arrive in the post today, their a bit of weight to it.
Same here, the postman knocked about 45 minutes ago with it:)

As you say, a bit of a weight to it :) I think ATA's collectors editions are consistently the heaviest releases in my collection (anime or otherwise), as they're almost always a heavy card box with a booklet at the minimum.

I received shipping confirmation for my biggest single item from the ATA sale last night, according to Fed-ex it should arrive Monday.

Soldato
Another week since my last update, not sticking to a schedule or anything but a week seems like a good gap at the moment.

Finished:
  • Kaguya Sama - Season 2 was about as good as season 1 really liked them both.
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero - I enjoyed this show very much, for me it was great. The animation quality tailed off a bit as it went along, but it still looked good for the most part.
  • Violet Evergarden - I can't recommend this show to anyone as it was too sad to watch. Animation wise and such it was amazing. Episode 10 is the saddest thing I think I've ever seen, despite knowing where it was going roughly.
Continuing:
  • Hunter x Hunter - Seen what Sonarr thinks is season 1 now which is 56 episodes. Season 2 is a further 78! episodes. I am considering starting up My Hero Academia for a season instead, before returning to this.
  • Toradora! - Reddit rewatch is up to episode 14 now. Ami-chan is starting to become my fav character.
  • Code Geass - I am on episode 15 of season 1 now. Enjoying it but the characters are all super lanky. For it's time though I think it looks good, circa 2006.
  • Log Horizon - After finishing Shield Hero I wanted a new isekai, so decided to start this. Only gotten 2 episodes watched but interesting so far and I think I'll like it.
  • Attack on Titan - I'm still slacking not seen ep 1 of season 4 yet. I am OK with waiting for more episodes to release really.
Planning to watch (short list - roughly in order probably. Bold = starting imminently):
  • Girls' Last Tour
  • Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
  • The Irregular at Magic High School
  • Assassination Classroom
  • A Place Further Than the Universe
  • DARLING in the FRANXX
  • The Future Diary
  • Isekai Quartet S1 (need to finish Shield Hero first I'll probably move this higher up when close to finishing)
  • Cautious Hero - The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious
Girls' Last Tour is only 12 episodes so I might try and finish it before starting Kobayashi. Irregular will probably replace Kaguya-sama for me so I'll probably start it soon.

Commissario
OP
You're consuming anime at about the rate I used to :D

These days I'm struggling to manage an hour a night on average :(

Dragon maid is fun, and I was glad to see they've announced a second season (due 2021 I think), Girls Last Tour is good, Assassination Classroom is very good.

I'm going to try for Sword Art Alicization tonight, as I've not managed any anime for a few days, then move on to FMP Invisible Victory.
I think come the new year I'm going to make a list of all the anime blu-rays I've not managed to watch, and go through it, as I realised that I've got some bits from about 2-3 years ago that I've yet to manage, mainly sub only titles that arrived when I didn't have the time/energy/concentration to watch subs.

Soldato
Yeah going through fairly quickly but also trying not to rush any particular one. I find it better to watch a few things like an episode or two a day of each, rather than focus watching one thing.

I have stuff digital only so I'm not swapping disks or whatever, my Emby backend takes care of keeping my shows in order and what is next on the list etc.

If I enjoy a show then I'm trying to buy them on bluray, so far my collection isn't huge and it probably never will be, but I want to support the shows I like where I can. I will probably never actually play the blurays themselves preferring the digital versions.

This is the collection so far, with FMA:BH on the way, alongside some stuff from the recent ATA sales: GL, Cowboy Bebop, RE:Zero S1 and KLK. I'm hoping to grab Overlord, Tanya, That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime etc as well, just pacing them a bit :)

vzcJBNIh.jpg

Associate
well nice surprise today as "Weathering With You - 4K UHD+Blu-ray Deluxe Edition Variant Ver. (AllTheAnime.com Exclusive)" arrive in the post, didn't even know it was on it way as i haven't received any email notification about it being dispatched.

Associate
Yeah going through fairly quickly but also trying not to rush any particular one. I find it better to watch a few things like an episode or two a day of each, rather than focus watching one thing.

I have stuff digital only so I'm not swapping disks or whatever, my Emby backend takes care of keeping my shows in order and what is next on the list etc.

If I enjoy a show then I'm trying to buy them on bluray, so far my collection isn't huge and it probably never will be, but I want to support the shows I like where I can. I will probably never actually play the blurays themselves preferring the digital versions.

This is the collection so far, with FMA:BH on the way, alongside some stuff from the recent ATA sales: GL, Cowboy Bebop, RE:Zero S1 and KLK. I'm hoping to grab Overlord, Tanya, That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime etc as well, just pacing them a bit :)

try "ghost in the shell stand alone complex" the standard edition blu ray is only available now which has 1st & 2nd Gig in it, where if you bought the deluxe edition you got 1st & 2nd gig, The Laughing Man OVA, Individual Eleven OVA and Solid State Society movie. so those buying the standard edition will need to buy "solid State Society" movie separately as ova are just recap of what happen in 1st & 2nd gig.

Soldato
try "ghost in the shell stand alone complex" the standard edition blu ray is only available now which has 1st & 2nd Gig in it, where if you bought the deluxe edition you got 1st & 2nd gig, The Laughing Man OVA, Individual Eleven OVA and Solid State Society movie. so those buying the standard edition will need to buy "solid State Society" movie separately as ova are just recap of what happen in 1st & 2nd gig.

I may try it but it would be a bit before I got back around to it tbh, not a huge Ghost in the Shell nut either.

I have pre-ordered the Fate UBW CE from MVM :)

https://www.anime-on-line.com/3148-early-bird-offer

That with my Fate/Zero collection will be pretty sweet!

Commissario
OP
well nice surprise today as "Weathering With You - 4K UHD+Blu-ray Deluxe Edition Variant Ver. (AllTheAnime.com Exclusive)" arrive in the post, didn't even know it was on it way as i haven't received any email notification about it being dispatched.
Hopefully that means the Zavvi one will ship soon(ish)
Heard mixed things about Great Pretender, enjoying it?

My anime buying spree stands as follows so far :)

Will probably see what's up in Jan sales if they exist, see what else I can get.

Give it 6 to 12 months and you'll probably stop adding it up, if just to sop yourself seeing how much you've spent ;)

I do something similar with my anime orders., except I only record the price I've paid rather than from multiple retailers, I also note when it was ordered, shipped and received, as that helped me keep track of potentially missing/late items back when I was ordering from the US on a regular basis.

Soldato
Hopefully that means the Zavvi one will ship soon(ish)

Give it 6 to 12 months and you'll probably stop adding it up, if just to sop yourself seeing how much you've spent ;)

I do something similar with my anime orders., except I only record the price I've paid rather than from multiple retailers, I also note when it was ordered, shipped and received, as that helped me keep track of potentially missing/late items back when I was ordering from the US on a regular basis.

Yeah I had multiple retailers etc listed but there is a price paid column that is the summed one. Usually taking the price from the cheapest one on the right :)

I think I'll be somewhere around £600 by the time I get the stuff I want in that list, possibly a bit more. My budget isn't limitless sadly as I have to pay for this house and expenses all on my own, but I want to pay some back as anime has kept me pretty well entertained in these quite dark months!

Still will carry on buying series I enjoy though where I can even if they just sit on my shelf looking pretty!

Associate
That standing one I enjoyed, and the end left me curious from more, a second season of it was announced for summer 2021.

I didn't recognise that other one from it's English title so looked it up and saw it was the slime tamer one, which I did watch all of this season ... I'm into isekai but honestly found that one a bit weak, I hated all his childish silly blushing interactions with the little girl and stuff (same things really annoyed me in Tonikaku Kawaii, but that's basically the entirety of that show) ... if I'm going to watch a very light-hearted isekai featuring a slime then it's going to be That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime haha.

Commissario
OP
I received a slightly cryptic "your order has shipped" email* from MVM earlier, when I checked it turns out my copy of "is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon" season 2 collectors edition has shipped:)

I started Alicization last night which is looking good, at some point I really need to pick up the first series on blu-ray as I watched that on streaming, but did buy season 2 and the movie on disc.

*MVM's shipping emails unfortunately give the order reference, but not the actual order contents.

Associate
just a quick heads up as I've only just discovered it. as odeon has update there website, it has reset the communication Preferences. You will need to log in and select what it emails you in the Preferences selection, because if you are a limitless user then in the default state you will not be notify if there is a limitless advance screening. not that it matter much now as the bulk of the cinemas are close.

Soldato
My copy of FMA:BH arrived today from MVM, £30 for all of the set can't moan at that.

I've ordered S1 and S3 of Overlord from Amazon as well, who seem to be matching base.com for pricing at around £20 a season. Hoping S2 drops to £20 soon as well so I can add that to my order :)

Trying to get all 3 seasons for around £60 or just under, saving is minimal but £ saved is £ earnt or something.

Back
Top Bottom