*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
If you can craft the common one make sure you have the follow Perks added to the Tech Ability "crafting" tree -

Efficient Upgrade - it has a 10% chance of upgrading your crafted item - This is what allows a common Armadillo to be upgraded at random during crafting. However it's advisable to also get - True Craftsman (Craft Rare) & Grease Monkey (craft Epic) as well to get a Rare/Epic upgrade whilst crafting. So if you craft a common Armadillo say 30-40 times you'll get a range of Epic, Rare, Uncommon and Common Armadillos.

I also run Ex Nihilo (20% chance of a free crafting) and bunch of other Stuff, my crafting Tech tree is virtually all filled in. It does kind of break the game a little TBF being able to craft upgraded items for "free" as you can then disassemble the upgraded items so one common Armadillo costs say 6 common and 4 uncommon but it could get you 1 epic which can be disassembled for 4 common, 6 uncommon, 4 rare, 6 rare upgrades, 3 epic, 1 epic upgrades - so you can see if you crafted 200 common, you'll get a whole heap of stuff extra during disassembly - like I said, it's a bit game breaking so I rarely use it like that and prefer to play the game as meant, using Gun/Clothes stores, disassembling captured enemy weapons/clothes etc.

Ah right, I have almost the entire tech tree unlocked also, I'm at level 18 but I never noticed it every actually upgrading a quality item during crafting. I guess you just need to do it in large enough volume. Once you've crafted a higher tier variant the mod does it unlock the blueprint for that higher tier? And can you only craft 1 tier higher when getting a random upgrade?

Is armour not maxed at 200?

I think the way it works is weird and likely broken. The spiffing brit did another video on Cyberpunk trying to max armour, I think for every 40 armour you have you block 1 damage automatically from any hit, which means once you're up to about 4000 armour weapons that can't deal more than 100 damage per shot can't actually hurt you. He stacked his armour way higher though and you become almost invincible in fights. But most of the armour comes from mods on clothes and they don't seem to calculate the stacks correctly. I've found myself in mid game being hard to damage even as a stealth character by just using engineering and common armour mods.

Soldato
I guess you just need to do it in large enough volume.

Yeap, if you craft say 25 common Aramdillos then you'll usually end up with 3-4 epic, 4-6 rare, 6-10 uncommon and the rest common.

1. Once you've crafted a higher tier variant the mod does it unlock the blueprint for that higher tier?

2. And can you only craft 1 tier higher when getting a random upgrade?

1. No you don't get any blueprints, you still need to find/buy/loot these from the world.

2. It depends on what skills you have unlocked in the Crafting tech tree. By default you only have common and uncommon unlocked but there are three unlocks, one for Rare, Epic and Legendary so to get a common Armadillo upgraded to Epic during crafting you'll need at least Rare and Epic grafting skills unlocked.

To get Legendary clothes/weapon mods you'll need to craft some rare/epic items which will then have a chance of being crafted with a Legendary mod already fitted. Then just disassemble the item (making sure you have the "get mods back during disassemble" skill) and you can start "farming" Legendary mods. In the same way if you want to craft some clothes/weapons which have the maximum amount of mod slots available you'll have to craft 5+ of the item as mod slots are randomly generated so you may get 0-6 slots (whatever the max allowed on the item is) on the item you created. Then just dissamble the items with less mod slots than you want afterwards.

TBH it can get very boring to spend 20+ minutes crafting/disassembling stuff just to get what you want, plus it can increase your save file past 8mb which, on the PC at least, causes it to corrupt and fail if you aren't careful so, while I now know how to do this I don't use it that much.

Associate

Thanks, I appreciate the detail you went in to with this. I wasn't aware of the upgrade, the description of that perk is really bad, it reads more like if you craft an item there's 10% chance you'll get it for free. I've already got up to level 18 in the tech tree and all of that stuff unlocked so I've just farmed this a bit and got me a load of epic armadillo mods. And also this seems to work with mods for guns, so farmed a bunch of +12% crit damage mods for guns, and I have about 4-5 legendary +30% crit damage on my clothes.

It seems like there's variance in pre-slotted mods in crafted clothes and total number of mod slots, but doesn't look like clothes will jump up tiers when crafted? So if you prefer the look of a rare or epic clothing item if I craft it a lot I still don't get a chance at it being legendary, at least not so far with testing. Is that limited specifically to mods?

I've read about the save file issue already and that crafting can add a lot to it, im at 5Mb and I've done a LOT already, crafted a metric ton of the legendary rifles which sell for $2800 to get rich. But my char equipment-wise is nearly maxed out now, I could ideally do with a few more legendary mods but decked out a lot, more than I need for mid-game.

Associate
Best source for epic and legendary crafting bits and bobs?

You mean the components to craft them? Breaking down other items gives you components back, if you hover over an item in the inventory it will tell you at the top left of the screen in the component list the +X amount it will deconstruct into. Hold Z over an item to deconstruct it. Some items oddly enough will break down into components that are more rare than those used to craft them which leads to crafting loops where you craft and then deconstruct over and over. Most notably some of the mods/nades/health items, the classic to use early game is the maxdoc heal items. Later on in the tech tree you get a perk to literally just craft higher tier components from lesser components although the conversion ratio 6:1 for me is pretty bad because some other items you can craft, like weapons, may actually give you better conversion ratios.

You can actually buy them from most stores, sometimes you need to use the "all" filter to see them. But beware buy prices go up exponentially, legendary items are $1000 a piece, epic are $250, it's way cheaper to break down items you don't need like guns and armour, and then upgrade those components in whatever most efficient way you have, rather than buying them. The good thing about breaking down the weapons and items rather than selling them is that components weigh nothing and can be sold in large stacks if you do need the money. Or eventually crafted into expensive items which have a high sale value.

Soldato
I do tend to break down everything, but mainly get first and occasionally second tier stuff.
Only one has an item gave me a fourth tier crafting item, I must just work at it and see how it behaves.

Thanks.

Soldato
It seems like there's variance in pre-slotted mods in crafted clothes and total number of mod slots, but doesn't look like clothes will jump up tiers when crafted? So if you prefer the look of a rare or epic clothing item if I craft it a lot I still don't get a chance at it being legendary, at least not so far with testing. Is that limited specifically to mods?

Only "Iconic" weapons/clothes can jump up tiers, normally crafted clothes/weapons can not jump up tier. Also when you uptier the Iconic item you can only do so once per level and the crafting menu shows you that you need the previous level item before it will let you "jump up". Here's the visual difference -

Crafting a Normal Weapon

VzDi7w3.jpg

Uptiering an Iconic Weapon

PJjTlV9.jpg

See how the "jumping up tier" Iconic weapon shows you that need the previous version before allowing you to craft (which you can only do once) vs the normal weapon which allows you to craft many versions but they can't be uptiered. This is how you can take Panam's uber silenced massive sniper rifle to Legendary from the rare state you originally get it in, with huge performance improvements as you jump up through each tier.

I've even taken all of Silverhands clothes which you get a rare items and uptiered them all to Legendary. Jowever for those particular items its just not worth it TBH, you can only do this once so you get whatever mod slots the game gives you and thats it, no disassembling, no re-crafting allowed.

Associate
I do tend to break down everything, but mainly get first and occasionally second tier stuff.
Only one has an item gave me a fourth tier crafting item, I must just work at it and see how it behaves.

Thanks.

Go to a medical shop in the game, represented by the white pill on the map, grab the blueprints to craft the maxdocs. You'll find you can craft an uncommon one only using common components, and then that same thing breaks down into both common and uncommon components. The next tier maxdoc up the mk2 takes common and uncommon components but breaks down to give you uncommon, common and rare components, and same again for the mk3 maxdoc, that'll break down to give epic components. It's a way of getting the higher tier components before getting the component upgrade perk.

Only "Iconic" weapons/clothes can jump up tiers, normally crafted clothes/weapons can not jump up tier. Also when you uptier the Iconic item you can only do so once per level and the crafting menu shows you that you need the previous level item before it will let you "jump up".

I've even taken all of Silverhands clothes which you get a rare items and uptiered them all to Legendary. Jowever for those particular items its just not worth it TBH, you can only do this once so you get whatever mod slots the game gives you and thats it, no disassembling, no re-crafting allowed.

Yeah I've done that with some of my iconic weapons and clothes already. It really sucks because the legendary kit is pretty bad looking visually and it'd be nice to create stuff that looks better at lower level and upgrade it somehow but it looks like that's not going to be possible, outside of random armour drops from NPCs.

I do have Johnnys shoes and had a menu bug where it didn't destroy the originals when crafting top tier ones so i have dupes which is annoying because you can't sell them or trade them out of your inventory because they're a special item. But you're right upgrading iconic weapons/armour can only be done once unless you save/load between each attempt, and with randomness for things like number of slots when you upgrade it being a 1 shot makes iconic stuff bad for top tier equipment, you want something you can farm to be min/maxed. It's all a bit lame really. I really want a legendary revolver, the thinner one which shoots slower but more damage per hit, but I'm stuck using the other fatter one so not able to min/max the damage to headshots as well, although it has got stupid now anyway.

Associate
I think I've found my favourite aspect of the game.

In stealth mode, quietly sneak up to an enemy, silently grab them and drag them over to the dumpster, press F.........BANG CRASH BOOM BANG CRASH. Hiding a body seems to be the loudest noise in the entire game

Associate
I think I've found my favourite aspect of the game.

In stealth mode, quietly sneak up to an enemy, silently grab them and drag them over to the dumpster, press F.........BANG CRASH BOOM BANG CRASH. Hiding a body seems to be the loudest noise in the entire game

It is incredibly satisfying though, I spent the first 1/4rd or so of the game doing missions completely stealth like this until my pistol became OP and now it's just about rushing through popping dudes in the health with non-lethal. Speeds up the stealth aspect of missions which is good because it's way slower than outright combat if you aim to do it and not get caught, and the game would be way too long if you played it this way for the whole thing.

Soldato
I'm absolutely loving the guns in this game, they look the nuts and feel really meaty to fire. Love the way power shotguns send people flying, it's the nuts!

With shotguns i noticed just the other day, dependent where you shoot them, different things happen, lower legs will see them face plant, upper torso sees them stagger back and so on.

Associate
Did anyone else have problems with the "Play it safe" mission?

I wanted to keep Oda alive, but after sparing him and getting the "No, it is I who thank you" message from Takemura Oda just takes damage from nowhere and dies.

Caporegime
ETwy6GD.jpg
qbBlEOp.jpg

It goes around in a circle to the left to get back out, if you don't have double jump you might get stuck though.

you should walk straight through the wall if not try jumping a bit in that corner

Soldato
Have finished all three endings of the game, 84h 24m play time, overall its a good game but with lots of bugs. It will be good to do a new play though after the bugs have been fixed, think it will be more difficult as the AI issues can make missions supper easy. I only have a small number of side missions to do now to get the lvl up a bit but will take a long time to unlock all the perks.

Soldato
@FredFlint without spoilers...are the 3 endings just quick decisions towards the end game or are they dependent how you play through? I think I know the answer but curious all the same.

After the mission that warns that you cannot go back there is lots of talking, then you sit on the roof and get three choices, i did them all as each one can give a weapon or mod.

Back
Top Bottom