• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Any experiences temperatures wise on your end guy. Mine runs really fairly hot (78C-80C GPU core & 95C GPU junction) while still remaining quite silent and perfectly fine in terms of performances but I'm a bit worried on the long run. I've tried to tweak the fan curve via Wattman but it doesn't seem to take effect.

Like for instance I set it to run constantly at 50% fan speed (just to test), I launch a Time Spy benchmark and when I look back on GPU-Z it shows that the max fan speed was 43% :confused:

Caporegime
Any experiences temperatures wise on your end guy. Mine runs really fairly hot (78C-80C GPU core & 95C GPU junction) while still remaining quite silent and perfectly fine in terms of performances but I'm a bit worried on the long run. I've tried to tweak the fan curve via Wattman but it doesn't seem to take effect.

Like for instance I set it to run constantly at 50% fan speed (just to test), I launch a Time Spy benchmark and when I look back on GPU-Z it shows that the max fan speed was 43% :confused:
Perfectly normal, you're 15c below the TJMax for Junction temperature. Undervolt, these GPUs love it if you want ever better temps.

Associate
I’m already using the Auto undervolt feature 1150mV instead of 1175mV) but haven’t tried to sure what to go for (not really interested in OC).

Caporegime
But what should I use for the min and max frequencies then, knowing that I don’t want to OC?
Big Navi can overclock and under volt. If stock performance is fine you can just under volt, by a lot!

I was able to lower voltage at stock clocks from 1.150mv to 1.000v without issue on the 6800 XT.

Associate
For those asking, when benching Forza Horizons 4 i was drawing @ 430w from the socket.
Potentially stupid question, but do you mean 430W for the card alone?....

I managed to get hold of a 6900xt red devil by luck today then realised the minimum required psu was 900w...........

Associate
Came in one day! 430/500, not quite number 1

grN7dBh

20201223-151110.jpg

20201223-151138.jpg

BtrbHyp

Last edited:
Soldato
Potentially stupid question, but do you mean 430W for the card alone?....

I managed to get hold of a 6900xt red devil by luck today then realised the minimum required psu was 900w...........

Unless i am mistaken Nobody in the world has reviewed a 6900XT red devil so if you can be bothered, buy a £15 socket meter and tell us :)

Back
Top Bottom