• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
Is there a recommended driver version that seems the best with the newer 3080's etc ?

I came over from AMD and it seems drivers are just a big a issue with Nvidia looking at the Nvidia driver feedback thread on their forum.

With AMD I managed to find a driver version that worked fine for me (20.4.2) and in the games I play and then stuck with it no matter what. Do I just have to work my way through the drivers and do the same or is there a well known "good" one ?

For example I'm getting horrible texture glitches in Call of Duty MW/Warezone with flickering/noise and also detailed textures just failing to load (faces are just a mess and same with buildings), its also massively inconsistent with sometimes things looking relatively fine. Basically for the last 6 months I have had no issues with my AMD graphics card and it slightly annoying to now have a much worse experience graphically (granted I'm getting an extra 40fps) but it looked so much better on AMD drivers/card.

Man of Honour
Is there a recommended driver version that seems the best with the newer 3080's etc ?

I came over from AMD and it seems drivers are just a big a issue with Nvidia looking at the Nvidia driver feedback thread on their forum.

With AMD I managed to find a driver version that worked fine for me (20.4.2) and in the games I play and then stuck with it no matter what. Do I just have to work my way through the drivers and do the same or is there a well known "good" one ?

For example I'm getting horrible texture glitches in Call of Duty MW/Warezone with flickering/noise and also detailed textures just failing to load (faces are just a mess and same with buildings), its also massively inconsistent with sometimes things looking relatively fine. Basically for the last 6 months I have had no issues with my AMD graphics card and it slightly annoying to now have a much worse experience graphically (granted I'm getting an extra 40fps) but it looked so much better on AMD drivers/card.
I just use the latest and I’ve never really had any issues.

Permabanned
Today, when I entered the control panel of the RTX 3080 in my new rig, I noticed something very unexpected - Nvidia has image sharpening setting in the Manage 3D settings branch, err :eek:
It could very well correspond to AMD's default drivers settings? Thoughts?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Today, when I entered the control panel of the RTX 3080 in my new rig, I noticed something very unexpected - Nvidia has image sharpening setting in the Manage 3D settings branch, err :eek:

Erm, you bought a 3080??

LOL!

Caporegime

I'd say as a Nvidia user, you were living in a cave :D

V F

V F

Soldato

The worst part I see from sharpening is, look at the effect it is magnifying on Lara's vest.

Soldato

Lol it's been out over a year and was added in response to radeon image sharpening no doubt :p

Permabanned
No one ever speaks about it - no news, no articles, no analysis, nothing.

I like when it's enabled- there is quite visible visual quality difference - not so much Lara, the next games - the fidelity is improved.

Maybe Nvidia should put 100% sharpening to its default setting - even if some frames are lost.

Associate

I have just gone from AMD to Nvidia (3080) and at first was disappointed how soft/blurry games looked particularly games with AA on max like COD MW and Cold War then I discovered AMD has its image sharpening on by default and Nvidia does not. Things look as good as before now apart from a few glitchy textures here and there but I think thats down to COD MW. I find it best to turn it on via an on game basis via the overlay option when you press ALT + Z

Back
Top Bottom