Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
How is the fan compared to MSI? Pondering FE vs AIB

I can't hear, it but I've got a case fan that needs replacing and I've not tried the card under load yet, as I was trying to solve a problem with 4 rapid beeps on post.

This turned out to be solved by disabling compatibility support module (CSM) mode in the BIOS, if anyone with the same problem happens to read this.

that card looks crackin’, congrats, tres jealous! Even more so as it looks like it’s the same card I’m looking to upgrade both from, and to :p

It's an MSI GTX 970 on the right! Good card, but obviously from another time in gaming terms. It's a huge upgrade.

Soldato
I can't hear, it but I've got a case fan that needs replacing and I've not tried the card under load yet, as I was trying to solve a problem with 4 rapid beeps on post.

This turned out to be solved by disabling compatibility support module (CSM) mode in the BIOS, if anyone with the same problem happens to read this.

It's an MSI GTX 970 on the right! Good card, but obviously from another time in gaming terms. It's a huge upgrade.

I have 980...games are seriously struggling

Associate
Almost all of a new PC:
  • Kolink Citadel Mesh case
  • MSI B550M Mortar
  • Ryzen 3500X
  • 4x Crucial Ballistix 3600 8GB
  • Noctua NH-D15S
  • 3x Arctic P14 fans
20201223-130200734-i-OS.jpg

The CPU is the most reasonable in terms of price/performance I could find to use for 18 months - 2 years, then I'll swap it out for a 2nd hand Ryzen 5xxx.
The cooler is very overspecced for this CPU (58°C max in prime95!), but it should handle any of the Ryzen 5xxx chips when I do upgrade.

The graphics card is a now long in the tooth RX 480, so that will probably get upgraded next summer when I might actually be able to find something on sale and in stock...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Front mudguard forom those materials that get flung up at my face! There is a way to fit one of these on the back too so will look at one later but back is less important for now :p

RockShox.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've actually already experienced some dog presents but thankfully not on my face but the frame underside kicked up by the front wheels :p

I wish hell upon all dog owners who walk their dogs out in the woods and don't at least move the produce somewhere they won't be easily made contact with!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yes but why would you not keep your bike clean after each long ride? Bike stays in the same condition as my car which at 15yrs old looks better than a 2 year old car :D

Soldato
I never get the people who say that "do you even ride" , you keep your bike clean after proper rides, why would you not and shorten components lifespan? unless you're a lazy ****, wind ya neck in.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Let me know how they are @LiE . My girlfriend always mentions missing KFC whenever we pass one.

Ooh, let me know as well. I'm a South London boy so I miss fried chicken now I'm vegan :D

Me too, interested to hear what it's like. I'm not vegan but I eat a lot of veggie stuff.

Eating one of them now, it's the original bites with chips tray. The texture is good, the coating is lovely and crispy and when dipped in a nice amount of their BBQ sauce the taste is really good. Standalone without the sauce they do have that signature 'bread' note that you get with wheat based protein/seitan. A tasty and easy way to eat 50g of protein which is a nice change to my usual mountain of veg with tofu.

So bottom line - its good, but you need sauce to balance the flavour. I enjoyed it, I'd probably get the spicy variety next time.

rs60LZjl.jpg

Associate
Little Xmas Eve treat to myself, couldn't resist as it was on offer at Currys.

Wife and I are staying home tomorrow and not seeing any family, so we invited a friend round for social distanced dinner in the garden as she can't fly home either. Going to chuck this up temporarily on the shed to provide a little extra lighting other than the fire pit.

50755145316_a43cc6eefc_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom