Split Air con

Soldato
Soldato
No, they have to be air to water heat pumps which can only be used on normal wet central heating.
OK, never mind then.

Anyone have any thoughts on Daikin Stylish vs Mitsubishi MSZ-LN units? Featureset seems to be similar and both will be fitted with 5 year warranty from the installer we have chosen so it's effectively a choice of one vs the other give or take £195.

Thanks

RJC

RJC

Don
OK, never mind then.

Anyone have any thoughts on Daikin Stylish vs Mitsubishi MSZ-LN units? Featureset seems to be similar and both will be fitted with 5 year warranty from the installer we have chosen so it's effectively a choice of one vs the other give or take £195.

Thanks

Its down to personal preference really, everybody has a bad word about all manufactures!

Soldato
Soldato
Hello chaps

Had 2x Daikin 5kW Stylish units installed at long last....look good

YLLcBsj.png

bpVZU3T.png

One issue I am having... on heating mode, the units never seem to stop heating. I have set to 21.5c at the moment, and they shoot above 23c before the fan even slows down on auto mode
What is strange is on the app the units even know that the room is at 24c but they keep kicking heat out

Is there any calibration or something I need to do?
I have not tried auto mode to avoid it swapping between heating/cooling constantly

Soldato
Looks nice with colour being similar to the door frames :)

Mine seem to take a while to kick into heating mode, maybe 5-10 mins before it bothers to kick some heat out, works fine after that though. Mine also stop heating after a bit so that bit works at least.

Soldato
Soldato
Looks nice with colour being similar to the door frames :)

Mine seem to take a while to kick into heating mode, maybe 5-10 mins before it bothers to kick some heat out, works fine after that though. Mine also stop heating after a bit so that bit works at least.
OK... tis a little frustrating at the moment to be honest but only had them for one day so I am sure I'll work it out! They are both currently set to 21.5c and the room is at 24c according to the units and 23.8 according to the hive thermostat (for underfloor heating)
Can't understand what I'm doing wrong to be honest

Got lucky with the colour, the other option was black "wood" which wouldn't have fit as well with the speakers mounted on the wall etc... however Daikin released these relatively recently so worked out well

Soldato
Yeah remember they are monitoring the temp on their intake - and being at the top of the room where heat rises means they will often read higher than the room really "feels" and hence the large differential before they stop heating. The opposite is true for the cooling - they often seem to cut a bit conservatively but that's just because the temp at the sensor will be a bit cooler than the room "feels"

Soldato
There's a certain irony when I've so far used my AC more for heating than cooling.

I actually prefer it to central heating which tends to get too hot and dry the air massively. And it's nice just heating the one room.

Soldato
Soldato
Looks good @ShivP! Those are some beasty looking external units :D

What does the condense pipework look like on the wall the internal units are on?
I'll send some photos when it stops ******* it down. The condense pipes haven't been done yet, they are coming another day to finish it. Unfortunately I think they are going to look ****, which is a shame as the copper and power looks quite neat and is up against the fascia

Soldato
I was viewing a house earlier today and I noticed what looks like part of split unit mounted outside. I don't think its connected to anything as as I couldn't see any pipes going to or from it and there were no vents inside the house. It looks like it has been there for a while and needs a good clean. The current homeowner didn't know much about it and seemed to have forgotten that it was there until I asked about it, according to them it was there when they bought the house.
PvfAOC3.jpg

jlDF8xm.jpg
A quick google doesn't show much information, is it something that is worth keeping and trying to get working? i don't know if it works. if it is junk is it something that will be expensive to dispose of?

RJC

RJC

Don
Looks like its decommissioned, no power or pipe work.

Whether they blew the gas off or pumped it down is the question.

If devoid of refrigerant you could take it apart and use the copper for scrap and recycle the metal work.

RJC

RJC

Don
Thanks,

Is there an easy way of telling?

The easy way is to check the valve, if the screw is all the way in on both then they could have pumped it down, if they are then you can crack the the valve for a split second - I would do this on the larger valve and see what comes out (The correct route is to put a set of gauges on and check the standing pressure).

Soldato
Anyone seen any deals on portables? I don't want to go whole hog install currently as planning some internal work this year and maybe an extension in a year or twos time, but thought now would be the time to get something for the bedroom in the summer.

Permabanned
Hello chaps

YLLcBsj.png

bpVZU3T.png

One issue I am having... on heating mode, the units never seem to stop heating. I have set to 21.5c at the moment, and they shoot above 23c before the fan even slows down on auto mode
What is strange is on the app the units even know that the room is at 24c but they keep kicking heat out

I have not tried auto mode to avoid it swapping between heating/cooling constantly

I really wouldn't watch it with a microscope or it will drive you nuts. The best thing to do is just ask yourself is the room comfortable. If it is, then it's doing it's job. The reason is that these things can be pretty complex. As well as trying to determine what you need and how they should supply that, they also have to look after themselves, which may require reversing the flow of heat from time to time to avoid getting the external unit too cold. Many of the buttons on the remotes don't bear scrutiny, lol.

Man of Honour
Hello chaps

YLLcBsj.png

bpVZU3T.png

We have Daikin units similar to yours and while the external thermometer on them seems spot on, the internal thermometer is miles off, especially in the winter, I swear it’s monitoring the temperature of the wall and not the air. It seems to think the air is about 5-10C colder than it actually is. Seems to work perfectly in the summer and in cooling mode.

Soldato
Soldato
We have Daikin units similar to yours and while the external thermometer on them seems spot on, the internal thermometer is miles off, especially in the winter, I swear it’s monitoring the temperature of the wall and not the air. It seems to think the air is about 5-10C colder than it actually is. Seems to work perfectly in the summer and in cooling mode.
I really wouldn't watch it with a microscope or it will drive you nuts. The best thing to do is just ask yourself is the room comfortable. If it is, then it's doing it's job. The reason is that these things can be pretty complex. As well as trying to determine what you need and how they should supply that, they also have to look after themselves, which may require reversing the flow of heat from time to time to avoid getting the external unit too cold. Many of the buttons on the remotes don't bear scrutiny, lol.

It's very odd. I have worked out to get the hive thermostat to 23c setting 20c on the remote/app works fine. Strange behaviour but used to it now.
Looking forward to testing them for what we got them for in summer!

Associate
Morning everyone,
First time poster. I am looking for an air con system for my property. I had a couple of surveys and the equipment suggested was:
Bedroom: MSZ-AP20VG
Small room: MSZ-AP15VG
Lounge: MSZ-AP35VG
Outdoor unit:MXZ-3F68VF
Total cost: £4000 + VAT
I am confused on whether or not I can still get 5% VAT. I assume that’s not the case anymore for equipment or just labour?
I am trying to check for information online and not quite sure if those units (Mitsubishi) could also be used during winter to heat up rooms.

Back
Top Bottom