NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Not mine.

5nqSvYy_d.webp
Any one know what that display is??

Associate
Associate
Have managed to find one of these and will be starting a build soon with a gigabyte b550i, gigabyte rtx3070 Eagle oc and 3600 for now. I was tempted to order an Id cooling 224 after seeing the mandm videos and it's available in white. But does anyone know of this will block the top fans using the gigabyte board. Is it worth switching to the msi board instead?

Also switching the fans for p12s should I add the bottom fans and an extra on the cooler?

Any suggestions welcome have lurked on this thread for a while and have been waiting to get my hands on one of these for ages.

Associate
Have managed to find one of these and will be starting a build soon with a gigabyte b550i, gigabyte rtx3070 Eagle oc and 3600 for now. I was tempted to order an Id cooling 224 after seeing the mandm videos and it's available in white. But does anyone know of this will block the top fans using the gigabyte board. Is it worth switching to the msi board instead?

Also switching the fans for p12s should I add the bottom fans and an extra on the cooler?

Any suggestions welcome have lurked on this thread for a while and have been waiting to get my hands on one of these for ages.

The Gigabyte board does have a higher CPU socket location than others. I can't speak for the ID Cooling 224, but the Mugen 5 in my case does allow for 25mm fans to be installed on the top panel. The caveat to this is that I didn't use the protective fan covers and that I also had to slightly bend the fan clip holding the fan on the Mugen 5. If I didn't, it would protrude into the top fan.

Associate
The Gigabyte board does have a higher CPU socket location than others. I can't speak for the ID Cooling 224, but the Mugen 5 in my case does allow for 25mm fans to be installed on the top panel. The caveat to this is that I didn't use the protective fan covers and that I also had to slightly bend the fan clip holding the fan on the Mugen 5. If I didn't, it would protrude into the top fan.

Thanks, looks like the id cooling is the width of the fan and the mugen 5 130mm so it should hopefully fit then as that gives 5mm extra room. Though don't know whether just to get the msi anyway to make life a little easier.

Associate
Have reordered another gigabyte board from somewhere else just so I can get some p12s at a decent price so fingers crossed they fit. Will just send the other back.

Soldato
I should have said, my replacement front panel arrived yesterday. Took about a week from when I first contacted them. It shipped from the Netherlands.

Great CS from CM, especially in the current circumstances.

Soldato
I assume also you’ll also be using the TG panel if your worried about seeing your ram.

I’m using the Sythe Mugen 5, others are using smaller top down coolers which work fine as well.

Soldato
OP
Any water coolers that will show ram?

Not really. Not without modding or using a small radiator (92mm, 120mm, or 140mm).

As for air coolers, most big tower coolers block the RAM on an ITX board, unless you swap the fan to the rear side. Doing that opens up a lot more options. I just use a top-down cooler; Big Shuriken 3, which is proving to be excellent. And I know @Relentless81 is having a similar experience.

Back
Top Bottom