• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Mine just arrived and its heavy :p I'm not going to plug it in right away because the card feels really cold from being in the van with outside temps of 5C

Associate
Mine has also arrived! Will be fitting it later, just need to see if I have any suitable cables for one of my monitors - ordered a dp-dvi cable but not coming for a few days

Associate
3080FE arrived an hour ago. Nice and compact card, much smaller than the 3060ti MSI trio I was using.

Had to remove an intake fan to fit the 3060 in meshify c, now I can put it back with the 3080 :D

Associate
Running my 3070 Founder Edition card with my i7 6700k right now. Obviously the 6700k will be the bottleneck until I install my new 5600x cpu and new motherboard..

What I did notice though is that benchmarks are showing the GPU running well.. But some 'in game' performance is certainly below what I expected..

Warzone for instance on high settings (not ultra) at just 1080p is only giving me a return of 100-120fps.. This seems a little low.

Completely removed and reinstalled fresh drivers but doesn't seem to have made a huge difference.

Below is an indication of how things are running.

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/24429979

Associate
Running my 3070 Founder Edition card with my i7 6700k right now. Obviously the 6700k will be the bottleneck until I install my new 5600x cpu and new motherboard..

What I did notice though is that benchmarks are showing the GPU running well.. But some 'in game' performance is certainly below what I expected..
After a quick Google seems about right for that CPU. Watch that framerate skyrocket when you get the 5600x set up.

A2B

A2B

Associate
at 1080p you're going to be CPU bound, ie. the CPU can't deliver the data fast enough to the GPU, starving it. so then you might aswell crank the resolution or quality settings to give the GPU something extra to do.

Associate
While heavy, the 3090FE isnt as big as I thought. It's three slots thick, true, but otherwise its essentially the same size as my Strix 2070 which surprised me. Also, the structure is such that it doesn't sag, at all, once the blanking plate screws are fitted.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
While heavy, the 3090FE isnt as big as I thought. It's three slots thick, true, but otherwise its essentially the same size as my Strix 2070 which surprised me. Also, the structure is such that it doesn't sag, at all, once the blanking plate screws are fitted.

Yeah I was surprised with the build quality and like the industrial no frills look better than funky+rgb madness.

Back
Top Bottom