Beta Bios for Tomahawk b450 (non-max) available

Associate
I have just seen this however have not updated as don't have a new ryzen cpu yet. I currently have a Ryzen 3600 and fancy the 5600x. If I update to the new BIOS will I still be able to use the 3600 until I can source a 5600X?

Associate
OP
I just upgraded but left my 3600x in for now (my two year old won't let me finish the upgrade) and it's booted up just fine.

Associate
OP
Did you use the Beta version of BIOS. I was planning to do it through the M-Flash option as the pc is fully built and don’t fancy taking it apart!

Yeah, and I used mflash. Easy as pie. Oh, but I did reset the CMOS first, using the two pins. No need to pull the battery out.

bee

bee

Associate
just did mine today, flashed the bios through mflash, ran prime95 for a bit to check old temp on ryzen 2600 (57.6c) and to heat the paste up so the cooler (noctua dh14) comes off a bit easier, swapped cpus over (to a 5600x) and booted it up just now, running prime95 again and it's hitting 54.3c max, all good

the only worrying part about the whole thing was when i booted it back up, i don't have a case with a window and had no idea half my fans (psu, cpu) don't even spin up until needed, I was a little alarmed you could say :) stil idles at 30-31 with no cpu fans spinning

to anyone wondering, the new beta bios ran fine with my old ryzen 2600 so it must support them all i think

Back
Top Bottom