• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Congratulations on those who manged to bag a Founders Edition yesterday, I missed out again this time round, two Captcha`s didn`t help but I also think my notification may have been a minute or two late as I had noticed earlier notifications were two minutes behind the post time.

Associate
I was having issues in warzone too, didnt see much of a boost from a 1070 to 3070. It seemed to resolve after I updated the bios to the new tomahawk one and set the memory timings again. Also clicked optimise on the geforce experiance then lowered a few settings to a more competitive setup. Not sure which one sorted it but it now hovers around 120fps at 1440p.

Man of Honour
I’ve decided to keep the 3070, as I think it’s a big enough upgrade over the 3060Ti to warrant it.

Depending on what games you are playing, etc. I've found in Cyberpunk for instance I can just about enable some of the RT settings, etc. and stay above my minimum desired FPS with the 3070 where as the 3060ti just wouldn't without turning some of those features off. Though I still kind of wish I'd gone for a 3090 for CP now LOL but just not worth it for one game - especially one that has a ton of issues.

Last edited:
Associate
Depending on what games you are playing, etc. I've found in Cyberpunk for instance I can just about enable some of the RT settings, etc. and stay above my minimum desired FPS with the 3070 where as the 3070ti just wouldn't without turning some of those features off. Though I still kind of wish I'd gone for a 3090 for CP now LOL but just not worth it for one game - especially one that has a ton of issues.

Yea, there are already a ton of user tweaks that net decent performance so I’m sure the patches will eventually get the game to a more optimised state.

A2B

A2B

Associate
I don't have the game, but GamersNexus did a big Cyberbunk benchmark vid. It it seemed like DLSS (Quality) with ray tracing was a sweet spot for eye candy. Interestingly, even though generally v. good there were some places where DLSS looked slightly worse, but others were it actually looked better than the native res, eg. less aliasing on some things.

https://youtu.be/w4rgB2zb7dg

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Depending on what games you are playing, etc. I've found in Cyberpunk for instance I can just about enable some of the RT settings, etc. and stay above my minimum desired FPS with the 3070 where as the 3060ti just wouldn't without turning some of those features off. Though I still kind of wish I'd gone for a 3090 for CP now LOL but just not worth it for one game - especially one that has a ton of issues.

:o its a sew the seed. ;)

Associate
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

I've just got a 3080 FE and the Zero RPM Mode on the fans doesn't seem to be working, it's done it once and that's it, no idea what triggered it and as soon as I played a game they never turned off again, even once cooled down. Any idea what the criteria is for the fans to turn off. I've had it sat idling at 34C with nothing running and the fans are still running at 1000 rpm.

Caporegime
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

I've just got a 3080 FE and the Zero RPM Mode on the fans doesn't seem to be working, it's done it once and that's it, no idea what triggered it and as soon as I played a game they never turned off again, even once cooled down. Any idea what the criteria is for the fans to turn off. I've had it sat idling at 34C with nothing running and the fans are still running at 1000 rpm.

Do you have an Afterburner fan profile setup or similar? This can interfere with the zero-rpm fan function iirc.

Soldato
That’s exactly it. I’m going to have the card for years so I may as well get one that’s going to keep me at the FPS I want for a bit longer. I’ve clocked both cards and at 1440p the 3070 is roughly 13-14% better based on my testing.

Soldato
That’s exactly it. I’m going to have the card for years so I may as well get one that’s going to keep me at the FPS I want for a bit longer. I’ve clocked both cards and at 1440p the 3070 is roughly 13-14% better based on my testing.

Waste of money. Get the 3080FE (not much difference in performance), in a few years sell it on and get the next similar card which will be much better than the 3090.....

Associate

Playing around with mine today, had the same issue fans at 30% idle and clock speeds stuck high with 80w board power draw.
Fix was to change from prefer maximum performance in nvidia control panel to normal and restart, now its idling correctly :D

on another note can finally enable RT in CP2077 but still requires DLSS for 60+ fps. Im sticking to 1440 Ultra, no RT no DLSS as I find DLSS a bit blurry/soft, much sharper image with it off.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I don't have the game, but GamersNexus did a big Cyberbunk benchmark vid. It it seemed like DLSS (Quality) with ray tracing was a sweet spot for eye candy. Interestingly, even though generally v. good there were some places where DLSS looked slightly worse, but others were it actually looked better than the native res, eg. less aliasing on some things.

https://youtu.be/w4rgB2zb7dg

All settings on max, DLSS on Performance with a 3090FE here. Tried it on Quality but even GSync couldn’t make it smooth enough for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom