Road Cycling

Soldato
Was dry but cold here and had made plans that fell through, made more plans which fell through due to ice early doors and then zwift plans fell through as I stayed in bed to catch up on sleep lost.

Eventually got on zwift for a crit city race , first time I've ever seen boost mode. Didn't use it as it seems silly. Might explain why it was ridiculous after the top of the climb most laps.

I was trying to get my HR monitor to pair and missed the start so did mega power to get back to the group.

Any reason why my pc was picking up power meter and turbo but not HR? Garmin was picking up HR over ant plus .

Soldato
I finished up work and got out for 75 mins today. Tough going as I’ve had 6 weeks off now, and really closer to 2 months. Rode the trainer Tuesday and hated it.

Headwind out didn’t help me either, slogged away and managed to get some enjoyment coming home! No close passes, most cars were quite good. Garmin 500 reporting low power meter battery, but shows 60% in the app...

You using Ant+ or Bluetooth Jonny?

Soldato
Wish I could get out twice a day but I’m the type once out stay out, just stuck 80k in but now it’s time to fist the turkey. Bit of a nightmare where I am because a lot of the roads are flooded.

Had to go to work well sit at home in my office. Was bloody freezing this evening once the sun went down! Up to 113k now, will aim to get around 200 tomorrow!

Soldato
I finished up work and got out for 75 mins today. Tough going as I’ve had 6 weeks off now, and really closer to 2 months. Rode the trainer Tuesday and hated it.

Headwind out didn’t help me either, slogged away and managed to get some enjoyment coming home! No close passes, most cars were quite good. Garmin 500 reporting low power meter battery, but shows 60% in the app...

You using Ant+ or Bluetooth Jonny?

Bluetooth dongle on the pc mate. Picks up everything else ok but not the HR strap. It connects but says no signal.

Soldato
Four days of truly shocking weather incoming will torpedo anyone’s chances.

Despite what Zwift say turbo miles don’t count imo!

I usually have an Xmas day ride but very cold this morning, not wanting to risk it on any ice.

Associate
Managed my first alp de zwift in 1hr25, so really pleased with that. I struggled to cycle 8 miles in April, so massive improvement!

Plan for next year is just to keep improving slowly and get a heart rate monitor so I am no longer filtered from results on zwift power. Then after house move sorted can think about getting a road bike.

Associate
Four days of truly shocking weather incoming will torpedo anyone’s chances.

Despite what Zwift say turbo miles don’t count imo!

I usually have an Xmas day ride but very cold this morning, not wanting to risk it on any ice.

managed to chuck 45k in this afternoon but yeah not ideal weather today and it's only going to get worse for the rest of the week... more floods here so im having to take it easy

Associate
Managed my first alp de zwift in 1hr25, so really pleased with that. I struggled to cycle 8 miles in April, so massive improvement!

Plan for next year is just to keep improving slowly and get a heart rate monitor so I am no longer filtered from results on zwift power. Then after house move sorted can think about getting a road bike.

well done that is a big step up from April

Soldato
193/500 done for me so far! Was so cold this morning, 3 layers up top, 2 layers on my legs, toe warmer pack things in my shoes, and still dead feet! Lovely dry crisp morning on the new Boardman, it is pretty rapid for a gravel bike with some road tyres. Out again tomorrow in an asttempt to do a reliability ride that the club are putting on.

Soldato
I'm in Cambridge for Xmas... wow, this place is flat! Did 28 miles this morning and only about 200 - 300 ft of elevation!

I bought a bike from that part of the world once. It had a 42t little chainring and a 12-23 cassette.

They weren't on there for long once I had it.

Soldato
I run round on cheapy fabric scoop saddles, about 25 quid each. Do me just fine, but my race bikes have selle italia slr carbon things which are significantly lighter and more expensive,yet no more comfy.

Back
Top Bottom