Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Hi all,

Was wondering if you can help especially as the issue seems to be around COD MW/Warzone. I have recently gone from a 5700 using 20.4.2 drivers which worked great with no issues/crashes or graphical issues or crashes for months to an Nvidia 3080 FE. I have done the usual DDU/Drive cleanup via safe mode and have so far tried the latest 2 drivers but I'm having big issues with textures (pop up, not rendering properly) and mainly shadows which after 30 meters are all shimmering/grainy mess and then through a scope at a distance they then turn to minecraft style blocks.

I have tried every graphical setting (including the ones I used to use which was a mixture of Medium/High with 2 x Filmatic AA with grain on 0), RTX etc and still no better, I see loads of others have this issue so I may just be unlucky but its annoying to upgrade* to get a worse graphical experience, other games seem fine (once I figured out AMD image sharpening was on by default and I then enabled that for Nvidia).

I'm seriously considering just selling/returning my 3080 as this is one of the main games I play with friends with lockdown and all and is annoying my trusty 5700 is graphically (looks wise) better even if its 40fps less.

I've noticed this also on my 2060 card but have no issues on my Vega 56. It feels like the draw distance on the nVidia is very short compared to the Vega. Its a bit hard to describe really.

Associate
Your 3080 sounds broken, ill take it off your hands :)

Have you tried reloading shaders in thegame menu and/or removing everything in here?
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players

Yeah shaders automatically re-download/install when it detects new drivers but yes also have forced it manually. Haven't tried removing stuff in there, shall I just cut everything from that folder out ?

I did try a full scan/repair via battle.net but no luck there.

Soldato
@fromage yeh, give it a try.
@michty_me do you have any screenshots of draw distance on the Vega? Fine a spot, take a screenshot and i'll go to the same spot and do the same

Screenshots below of Nvidia (i'm also using a geforce experience game filter for the likes of sharpening)

4PdKCJY.jpg.png
tIX48y2.jpg.png
qm0GWte.jpg.png
xMC9nf9.jpg.png
g7HXeGR.jpg.png

Associate
445.87. New ones increase CPU latency a lot (up to 11ms in stsndard multiplayer from 3ms / 4ms) it’s horrible

That drive seems pre 3080 so prob not worth a go for me. I may try a couple of older ones though hate the drive faff, tempted to just stick my 5700 back in ha!

Associate
@fromage for blurry or fuzzy grain in distance you got a set particle quality or the other one to high. For some reason it's linked to that

Jump into warzone training with bots to see the distance.

I have just played around again with those settings and makes no difference to me.

That image displayed is with everything on the highest possible apart from SSR which is off (which stops water/reflections having the same issue) and render resolution at 120 which improves things slightly, with it set on 200 its looks loads better but still not perfect but then FPS drop to between 70-90fps.

It seems directly related to AA, as it disappears completely when I turn AA off but obviously the game is a jagged mess, then the 2 lower settings its actually worse than the top Filmic 2xSMAA" which I have it on

Soldato
Is anyone else running a 6800? When I first got it at launch I was hitting 180+ but now I'm down at 130 and my card just doesn't maintain boost. (No heat or CPU bottlenecks)

Boosts fine in Multiplayer and during firestrike etc.

I think/hope the latest Warzone patch is just a mess.

Associate
@fromage I understand your pain lol filmic looks to washed out for me, so I ended up turning AA to off which actually make visibility better. Jagged lines are annoying but takes a while to get use to them, but at 1440p and with a sharpening effect helps me on my end.

I have AA to off and filmic strength to 1.0 due to visual noise and any other setting that gives visual noise to off. Texture to Normal / Normal.

I followed BennyCentral settings from YouTube then tweaked a bit from that..

Caporegime
Odd issue tonight, was shooting at people and the gun just stopped firing, then starting firing again. I kept checking it to see if the gun was in short burst mode, but nope full auto

Soldato
I had all sorts of issues with Mw and Cold War with the latest Nvidia Drivers, CTD just after fetching my profile, going back to 457.30 has solved all isues no problems at all, MSI B550 , 32 Gigs Teamgroup 3200 cas 16 ram, 1080ti, 3900X

Back
Top Bottom