** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Below is image. Left arrow points towards a part that comes with the Amazon mount. It's basically the single point both arms connect to the mount. You leave that on as its what you connect the G9 tilt bracket to. It also allows you to move it up or down.

Arrow on right pointing towards the pin in which you use to connect the G9 tilt mechanism to it.

Brilliant thanks very much!

I have this one from my previous setup https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019LNW52C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’ll take a look to see if it’s possible

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe I spoke too soon about having no issues other than the popping! I've noticed colour uniformity issues with the upper right side of the screen. Does anyone else have issues like this?

pMNgT3j.png

I've not had a new monitor in a LONG time so I don't know if this type of thing is acceptable (considering the price).
I'm still within the return window for a few more days so I'm seriously considering requesting a replacement.

Associate
Maybe I spoke too soon about having no issues other than the popping! I've noticed colour uniformity issues with the upper right side of the screen. Does anyone else have issues like this?

pMNgT3j.png

I've not had a new monitor in a LONG time so I don't know if this type of thing is acceptable (considering the price).
I'm still within the return window for a few more days so I'm seriously considering requesting a replacement.

Which test is that (specifically) what are the camera settings and what are the lighting conditions?
Under what normal conditions do you notice the problem?

All screens have some uniformity issues. Rtings actually rated the g9 quite poorly, based on their sample screen.

Associate
Which test is that (specifically) what are the camera settings and what are the lighting conditions?
Under what normal conditions do you notice the problem?

All screens have some uniformity issues. Rtings actually rated the g9 quite poorly, based on their sample screen.

That's the 25% grey tone uniformity test on EIZO's monitor test site (https://www.eizo.be/monitor-test) but it's noticeable in most colours at 25%.
The camera was set to no flash, moderately low iso (317), and I'd say an adequately lit room (not pitch black).

It has been quite noticeable when playing driving games and Red Dead Redemption 2 - specifically whenever the sky is in view and with the camera panning (day and night).

I'm not finding many complaints about the grey uniformity on the G9 (mostly blacks, which is ironic because I find the black levels on this display fine!) and indeed on Rtings "outstanding gray uniformity".

I think it's just one of those things now I can't unsee and for a display that costs a grand, I think I'd regret not trying again with a new panel.

I was just curious if anyone else had grey uniformity issues like mine.

Soldato
Got my G9 last night as an early present, thanks to the lock down. Set it up last night and it was working fine with my RTX 2070 apart from when i turned it off at one point and I needed to search how to get it to connect the source again. Managed to use the power button trick to bring the menu back up and select the source. I then reset the screen back to default thinking that setting the refresh rate to 240mhz might have caused it.

Any way got up this morning and had to do the same power button trick to get it to connect to the display port source. Now this evening I can't get it to display the source menu any more. I have tried with both DP and with my laptop on HDMI and the screen displays nothing. It does power up and power down off the toggle button but when the button flashes it doesn't bring up the source menu anymore. Anyone got any ideas? I have tried disconnecting the mains from the screen for ten minutes and its running 1006.2 firmware from out of the box.

Associate
Does the 120hz for each window in Picture in Picture mode only work if both devices are using DisplayPort? Just tried using my PS4 Pro and PC in PIP mode but it's limiting my PC to 60hz and there's no option to change it in the Nvidia Control Panel. I'm on the latest firmware.

Edit: Nevermind, you need to do a 50/50 split of the screen. I was running it in a tiny window in the top right while I ran some updates. It now changes to resolution to 2560x1440 at 120hz.

Associate
That's the 25% grey tone uniformity test on EIZO's monitor test site (https://www.eizo.be/monitor-test) but it's noticeable in most colours at 25%.
The camera was set to no flash, moderately low iso (317), and I'd say an adequately lit room (not pitch black).

It has been quite noticeable when playing driving games and Red Dead Redemption 2 - specifically whenever the sky is in view and with the camera panning (day and night).

I'm not finding many complaints about the grey uniformity on the G9 (mostly blacks, which is ironic because I find the black levels on this display fine!) and indeed on Rtings "outstanding gray uniformity".

I think it's just one of those things now I can't unsee and for a display that costs a grand, I think I'd regret not trying again with a new panel.

I was just curious if anyone else had grey uniformity issues like mine.

Thanks and I agree with you. I'll take a picture of mine and post back here.
For what it's worth, I get a tiny bit of blue discolouration in the bottom corners that I can't unsee either but only on a white background.
I don't remember seeing it in my previous panel.

8213m6M

p1Db3zp.jpeg

This was with ISO 320. I can't seem to get it very clearly for some reason. From what I see on the actual phone screen, I would say that ours are similar.

Last edited:
Associate
8213m6M

This was with ISO 320. I can't seem to get it very clearly for some reason. From what I see on the actual phone screen, I would say that ours are similar.
Yeah, the overall distribution of grey seems fine! and I'd be perfectly happy with mine if it wasn't for the mottled or dirty screen effect I get on the upper right side of the screen and I can't see that anywhere on your image - granted the noise could be masking it. :)

Just waiting for a call from Samsung to arrange pickup, there wasn't an option to replace but I'm hoping I can clear that up over the phone (whenever they call).

Associate
Yeah, the overall distribution of grey seems fine! and I'd be perfectly happy with mine if it wasn't for the mottled or dirty screen effect I get on the upper right side of the screen and I can't see that anywhere on your image - granted the noise could be masking it. :)

Just waiting for a call from Samsung to arrange pickup, there wasn't an option to replace but I'm hoping I can clear that up over the phone (whenever they call).

I think I see what you're saying now, I assumed that DSE/Mottled effect was a compression artifact!! No, I 100% don't get that and I didn't see that on my old panel either.
The only thing bothering me about this one is a slight blue tinge in the bottom corners and to a lesser extent along the lower edge. I just can't unsee it when I'm browsing white pages, which is quite often. That said, I never see it during gaming and it's in my peripheral vision so I still have to look for it.

Hmm, only got 2 or 3 days left to decide whether to send it back, but I'm torn as I'd probably rather just keep it to use over Christmas and new Year.
I'm not looking for perfection, I'm just looking for one which is typical, given that they really are fantastic displays (IMHO).

I assume yours is a 95 not a 93? They still have the 93 in stock so I'm assuming I could just get a replacement quite easily.

Associate
I assume yours is a 95 not a 93? They still have the 93 in stock so I'm assuming I could just get a replacement quite easily.
Mine is also a 93 so yeah, hopefully, it should just be a simple swap. I put in the return request on Sunday, still not heard anything, other than the email confirmation ("In the next 24 hours, A Samsung Customer Care representative will call you to arrange a time to pickup your item(s)").

But given the time of year and COVID, I expect the turnaround times are pretty lax.

Associate
The 93 and 95 are the same aren't they its just the 95 is also the model extended to Scandinavia as well as UK and I.

That's what eveything I've read says. It's my understanding that they are the same hardware, but both my 93 and 95 came with multiple power leads etc. so god knows why they have differnent SKUs.

Soldato
script>
Hi guys Ive got my g9 on Monday and just installed it and asu sual my luck with monitors never fails LOL After seeing the main windows login screen I noticed a bug/fly whatever on the screen and thought its got to be the microsoft wallpaper picture. But lo and behold my usual worry for dead pixels has been replaced by Natures little friends, You have to laugh

script>
sbBTqnb

20201224-191813.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I just got the G7 32" 240hz. when playing BFV, I get a lot of ghosting on things like trees and poles. and it does not feel smooth at all. i use freesync. i updated the firmware, turned on VRR Control. which got rid of the flickering. but in games, it makes the game play feel worse. not sure if i got unlucky here. my frame rate is good. any tips on what settings i should use. on the Iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU-B1 34" i set over drive to 0, which took ghosting away for me, and runs much smoother. of course that had flickering issues also.
also noticed the G7 gets hot to.

Cheers and Merry Christmas :)

Associate
Help!
I got samsung G7 27" updated from 1007 to 1009, now when HDR is on the image looks washed out, at least on windows. This did not happen on 1007.
Also I noticed a lot of flickering on an specific game. I did not get issues on 1007, so would like to try on it.
I would like to go back to 1007, but the 0000.0 method does not work on it.
I would try with 1006 file but I am not able to download it because samsung have only the latest firmware, not sure if it will work.
I got the monitor from Amazon Spain, I am at Spain.

Associate
Hey,

bought the 32 inch g7 a few days ago and i´m totally ****** of about this monitor!

the first thing that i did was to update to the newest update from 2.11......
i´ve got the 3080 rtx and enough frames for this monitor, but every fck game has micro stuttering, also in the nvidia pendelk demo. on show test patterns
it is so notisable, that it´s not funny anymore :(
it doesn´t matter which kind of fps range i´ll try.
When i disable everything it´s looked like crapp with the stuttering.
When enable gsync, adaptive sync and vrr it´s looked like crapp with the stuttering.
when i enable gsync, adaptive sync but disabale vrr it looked okay, but quit far away from non stuttering :(

so what should i do now? return the monitor? i love the colours, the 1000r, nearly everything, but i can´t live with the badly stuttering.

I read from people it run buttersmooth with gsync and what is the problem with mine, a bad monday display?
Firmware downgrade isn´t possible since the newest november update i guess, oh man freaking out

Associate
I just wanted to know if just my monitor had an error and I sent it back and buy the g7 32 inch again from another dealer. It can't be that many people say they wouldn't have any problems with the combination g7 - Nvidia

Associate
Help!
I got samsung G7 27" updated from 1007 to 1009, now when HDR is on the image looks washed out, at least on windows. This did not happen on 1007.
Also I noticed a lot of flickering on an specific game. I did not get issues on 1007, so would like to try on it.
I would like to go back to 1007, but the 0000.0 method does not work on it.
I would try with 1006 file but I am not able to download it because samsung have only the latest firmware, not sure if it will work.
I got the monitor from Amazon Spain, I am at Spain.

Change the “colour profile” in windows back. Sometimes firmware updates change it to something strange.

Back
Top Bottom